klr 250 engine and tranny $225!!!

DSN_KLR650
Douglas Dick

oil and the klr - just a simple question

Post by Douglas Dick » Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:59 pm

I always chaned the oil in the fall and then again in the spring to get rid of any condensation that accumulated. Oil is cheap enough that it cant hurt. Douglas Dick Winnipeg, MB CA mailto:ddick2@... And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humilty, and righteousness. Psalm 45.3 -----Original Message----- From: dooden [mailto:dooden@...] Sent: November 7, 2002 7:20 AM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Oil and the KLR - Just a simple question Well folks got a simple question for ya'll. Winter setting in and need to dump the oil, going to change it, but wonder do you change oil again in the spring after it has sat all winter ? Thinking using the Shell Delvac since Wallyworld sells it fairly cheap, just need to pickup a couple filters and ready to rumble. Local shop wants in excess of $20 a gallon for KawChem stuff... thats a bit too much for me. Thanks in advance Dooden List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Happy Rider

Post by Happy Rider » Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:24 pm

>> I have a fiberglass tank and heated garage so I drained >> the tank and float bowl, not worrying about condensation. >> If I was storing in an unheated area with a metal tank...
_______________________________________________ Fiberglass doesn't rust; tanks don't develop significant condensation in a heated garage. Helps to be in a dry climate, too. Verle Nelson Cedaredge, Colorado

david gay

Post by david gay » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:37 pm

I only use Wesson Canola, with a cup of metal shavings from my grinder to thicken it up, so it'll stick to the gears. Dave A12 Matthew wrote:I plan on trying the blended oil..1040 synth and natural blend.. bad idea? I think its castrol...
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: > On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:38:10AM -0500, Tengai650 wrote: > > At 9:32 AM -0500 11/7/2002, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: > > >> Thinking using the Shell Delvac since Wallyworld sells it fairly > > >> cheap, just need to pickup a couple filters and ready to rumble. > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Tengai650

Post by Tengai650 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:55 pm

At 2:25 PM -0500 11/7/2002, RM wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: > >>>I used run these in my KLR on occasion, but a friend who is a KLX650c >>>rider and diesel engine designer recommends against diesel oils in >>>gasoline engines. > >>Did he give any specific reason why? > >There a those who advise against using HDMO's in gas engines due to their >specialized additive package contributing to increased combustion chamber >deposits. > >I don't really think that it's a problem. There's no way these universal >oils (like Rotella T and Delvac 1300 Super) would pass the API SL test >sequences if they were really all that bad.
Ya, that's what he said, "Wrong additive package", but he didn't elaborate. Mark B2 A2 A3

Jim

klr 250 engine and tranny $225!!!

Post by Jim » Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:50 pm

I saw this on a west coast, bay area board posted today. Sounds like a deal if you own a 250. Get after it! --Jim Kawasaki KLR250 engine & transmission - $225 Reply to: anon-6688358@... Date: Thu Nov 7 10:08:45 2002 Only 20K on the engine, kick start model, rarely need second kick to start, oil change 3K miles. Can deliver in bay area. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests