Re: TA wiring loom

M.H.St.C.Harnett

TA Wiring loom

Post by M.H.St.C.Harnett » Thu Mar 02, 2000 12:16 pm

From: To: Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 Subject: [mg-tabc] TA Wiring loom Hi all - Need help please! I am still restoring a TA that my father and I started in 1959! Is this a record? After my father died I threw the car together with enthusiasm and coat hangers and drove for two years around the south of England. I left university and returned to Northern Ireland where the rebuild restarted in earnest. That was 26 years ago but I am almost there. Now the crunch where does the wiring loom go? It comes down from the control box and into the chassis where the fuel lines come out; the tail and stop light wires go back and cross to the drivers side behind the hand brake cross bar. The main loom goes forward in the chassis box section the dynamo wires come out of one of the holes and the rest of the loom continues forward. The near sidelight and headlight comes out and goes inside the wing support tube, the fog light goes on forward and the rest of the loom is clipped either above or below the radiator support cross bar. Can anyone please help with the exact routing forward from where the dynamo wires come out? Regards Mike

1947 MGTC

TA wiring loom

Post by 1947 MGTC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:23 am

Hello,

I will be replacing the wiring harness on TA 2335. I believe the correct colors would be black with short yellow stripes based on what I have seen. Can anyone confirm or provide the correct color(s) if not black with yellow?

Cheers,

Mark O'Day

diecuts2333

Re: TA wiring loom

Post by diecuts2333 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Mark,
Rhode Island Wiring service has the correct harnesses for the TA, with the patterns  correct and being prewar.   1930s black and yellow is not the same as 1940s and later black and yellow, (and other colors) patterns that cover the wire.  Also , the gauge of the wire is important, and they do this correctly as well.  Others may also do the same, but RI has always worked with me such as adding extra ground wires, sub harnesses for the back lights, an extra harness to charge the battery externally, (for the SA), and adding turn signal harnesses as needed with dual relays so the trafficators don't wave when activated.

Cheers,  Lee Jacobsen, Dearborn, MI MGTA 2969 Tickford

-----Original Message-----
To: mg-tabc
Sent: Sat, Mar 28, 2015 9:23 am
Subject: [mg-tabc] TA wiring loom

Hello, I will be replacing the wiring harness on TA 2335. I believe the correct colors would be black with short yellow stripes based on what I have seen. Can anyone confirm or provide the correct color(s) if not black with yellow? Cheers, Mark O'Day ------------------------------------ Posted by: 1947 MGTC ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------ Yahoo Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mg-tabc/ Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mg-tabc/join (Yahoo! ID required) To change settings via email: mg-tabc-digest@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: mg-tabc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/