Re: mg solutions

PADDY WILLMER

mg solutions

Post by PADDY WILLMER » Mon Nov 29, 1999 9:45 am

Thanks, chaps, you have cheered me up no end, and she is visiting Potton tonite! That finishes that topic, so on with T chat. My original TC, TC 1730 which is now TA0448, but with 1730`s body, had handbrake oilers on it when I bought it in 1962, but they gradually parted company as interests of lightening came into being as my racing aspirations increased so I haven`t a clue how they fitted. However I have long experience with grouped nipples- oh, blimey, were back on that-! on my TB. The pipes are very narrow, and however short, should never be greased. Always use 140 oil in any oiler system, even the short TC one. Have a nice day, or night as this is World wide. Paddy.

Ray McCrary

Post by Ray McCrary » Mon Nov 29, 1999 12:25 pm

Thanks, chaps, you have cheered me up no end, and she is visiting Potton tonite! *Who is Potton? And what are your thoughts on that? That finishes that topic, so on with T chat. My original TC, TC 1730 which is now TA0448, but with 1730`s body, had handbrake oilers on it when I bought it in 1962, but they gradually parted company as interests of lightening came into being as my racing aspirations increased so I haven`t a clue how they fitted. However I have long experience with grouped nipples- *Not gonna touch THAT! oh, blimey, were back on that-! on my TB. The pipes are very narrow, and however short, *Don't know if I would share that.............. should never be greased. *Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do Always use 140 oil in any oiler system, even the short TC one. *But seriously, would not the 140 wt oil be superior to the grease? Grease tends to harden after a bit of time, and then you can't force more into the fitting. I used penetrating oil to clear out the clogged pipes in the TB. Warmest Regards, Ray Image Click here! eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/mg-tabc
www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

KENNETH PORTER

Post by KENNETH PORTER » Mon Nov 29, 1999 3:00 pm

Paddy:
I have been using Castrol synthetic grease in the hand brake oilers for the past three years. With no problems to date. Any thoughts on that?
Ken TC 4147
Ray McCrary wrote:
Thanks, chaps, you have cheered me up no end, and she is visiting Potton tonite! *Who is Potton? And what are your thoughts on that? That finishes that topic, so on with T chat. My original TC, TC 1730 which is now TA0448, but with 1730`s body, had handbrake oilers on it when I bought it in 1962, but they gradually parted company as interests of lightening came into being as my racing aspirations increased so I haven`t a clue how they fitted. However I have long experience with grouped nipples- *Not gonna touch THAT! oh, blimey, were back on that-! on my TB. The pipes are very narrow, and however short, *Don't know if I would share that.............. should never be greased. *Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do Always use 140 oil in any oiler system, even the short TC one. *But seriously, would not the 140 wt oil be superior to the grease? Grease tends to harden after a bit of time, and then you can't force more into the fitting. I used penetrating oil to clear out the clogged pipes in the TB. Warmest Regards,Ray [img]cid:part1.3843068D.49C6984C@unix.asb.com[/img]
Click here! eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/mg-tabc
[img]cid:part2.3843068D.49C6984C@unix.asb.com[/img]
Click here! eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/mg-tabc