TA

Robert F. Butson.

TA

Post by Robert F. Butson. » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:33 pm

Seeking help from an informed member, I wish to knowwhat the Lockheed flexible brake pipe numbers are for TA 0844. Not wishing to add to my pile of expensive used once only tools, I have made a tool for producing brake pipe flares for my TA. I will make a drawing for anyone who contacts me off list. I have also two pressed steel rocker covers, without dents, one with 'Set rockers to .019in' the other has no plate. Anyone in need can offer me + shipping. Not had time to persue the waterpump seal problem but have a few leads. ....Bob.

bdavispics

Re: TA

Post by bdavispics » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Bob... I have what appears to be a couple of new brake hoses for my TA. The Lockheed number on the top flap of the box is: 4362-650. I'd love to have the drawing for your brake pipe tool! Also interested in hearing what you find out about the water pump seal!!! Many thanks. Bill in Nashville. --- In mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com, "Robert F. Butson." wrote:
> Seeking help from an informed member, I wish to knowwhat the
Lockheed
> flexible brake pipe numbers are for TA 0844. > Not wishing to add to my pile of expensive used once only tools, I
have made
> a tool for producing brake pipe flares for my TA. I will make a
drawing for
> anyone who contacts me off list. > I have also two pressed steel rocker covers, without dents, one
with 'Set
> rockers to .019in' the other has no plate. Anyone in need can offer
me +
> shipping. > Not had time to persue the waterpump seal problem but have a few
leads.
> ....Bob.

Ian Linton

Post by Ian Linton » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:06 am

Bob, I bought a new Lockheed set in the mid-60s and still have them. The pipes look OK, but I guess the rubber is now too old to use safely. The number on the box is 4362-648. I used a pipe-flaring kit, cost around 20, to modify the brake pipe set I bought which had incorrect lengths. In hindsight I should have bought all the components separately which even with the cost of the kit would have been cheaper than buying a "set" from an "expert". More satisfying too to DIY. And it turned out the smallest press bits in the kit could do my 3/16" central lube system pipes as well (see TABC website Technology section) . Still your TA is too early for these smaller pipes. In case anyone is interested the number on the Lockheed Master Cylinder box bought at the same time is 8768. I believe the next issue of TTT will carry my description of the rebuild of this unit. I plan to ask Walter to add it to the TABC Technology section later. What a resource this site and group has become. Best regards to all, Ian Linton, TA3120, East Sussex, UK
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert F. Butson." robbut@onetel.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: 15 July, 2005 10:47 Subject: [mg-tabc] TA > Seeking help from an informed member, I wish to knowwhat the Lockheed > flexible brake pipe numbers are for TA 0844. > Not wishing to add to my pile of expensive used once only tools, I have > made > a tool for producing brake pipe flares for my TA. I will make a drawing > for > anyone who contacts me off list. > I have also two pressed steel rocker covers, without dents, one with 'Set > rockers to .019in' the other has no plate. Anyone in need can offer me + > shipping. > Not had time to persue the waterpump seal problem but have a few leads. > ....Bob. > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

BobAlley747@aol.com

TA

Post by BobAlley747@aol.com » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:35 am

Does anyone know what happened to Danny Tylers TA? I have his chassis. Thanks Bob ________________________________________________________________________ Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert F. Butson

TA

Post by Robert F. Butson » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:02 pm

> It might sound like an odd question but are all TA's 56 inches wide? Also > How big is the gap between the rear of the running board and the front of > the rear wing? I bet there will be many differences.....Bob.

Robert F. Butson

TA

Post by Robert F. Butson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Hello again. I am about to install the engine in TA0844 chassis, the body is off for painting, can I fit the oil pump and starter after installation,will will their fitting be prevented by the chassis frame? Also should there be a vent hole in the rear axle tube, if so where is it located? Many thanks....Bob TA0844 Wales UK.

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:57 am

hi Bob - you would have to ask Brian Rainbow about TA engines, but certainly with the XPAG you need to fit the pump first, but the starter can go in after. The rear axle does not normally have a breather, but some folk fit them (use Moss p/n 21H6060, 2.10, from MGA/early MGB) on the top of one one side tube. The filler plug has a tiny hole, with an anti-splash guard inside, which is usually sufficient. Just make sure this is clear. I have new ones. ocTagonally Roger
> Hello again. I am about to install the engine in TA0844 chassis, the body > is > off for painting, can I fit the oil pump and starter after > installation,will > will their fitting be prevented by the chassis frame? Also should there be > a > vent hole in the rear axle tube, if so where is it located? Many > thanks....Bob TA0844 Wales UK.

Don Walker

Post by Don Walker » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Bob, look forward to meeting you. The TA will be driven by the original 1939 winner, now a 93 year old!! maybe we can 'keep drivin' em forever. Don
--- On Fri, 31/7/09, boballey747@aol.com boballey747@aol.com> wrote: From: boballey747@aol.com boballey747@aol.com> Subject: TA To: walkerdon43@yahoo.com Received: Friday, 31 July, 2009, 5:07 AM Hi Don I saw your note about Lobethal and had to smile. My friend John Lacky is building the TA replica and I hope to travel down for the event perhaps I will see you there. I also met a chap at the GOF west in California who is from your area. Bob Bazzica. Do you know him. Cheers bob An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps! ____________________________________________________________________________________ Access Yahoo!7 Mail on your mobile. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how: http://au.mobile.yahoo.com/mail [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Marty

TA

Post by Marty » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Does anyone know a source for the "Tap" to switch from main to reserve fuel. This is the one that is mounted on the bracket on the tool box. Thanks, Marty

Ian Linton

Post by Ian Linton » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Marty, Not sure where you live, but in the UK I believe Sports & Vintage may sell them, and possibly NTG in Ipswich. Barry Walker may also sell them. However if you do track one down new they are very expensive. Used ones are rarer than hen's teeth. Regards, Ian Linton TA3120 East Sussex, UK
----- Original Message ----- From: Marty To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:33 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TA Does anyone know a source for the "Tap" to switch from main to reserve fuel. This is the one that is mounted on the bracket on the tool box. Thanks, Marty [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]