Windshield Washers

murray arundell

Windshield Washers

Post by murray arundell » Wed May 11, 2005 6:14 pm

Group, Have just had the pleasure of a long drive in the rain. Not something one has to contend with much in this part of the world fortunately. My wipers are pretty hopless. Now I accept that at best they will be pretty useless in heavey rain due to their design. Hence my question........ Have anyone out there managed to modify their wipers to improve performance. I should add that mine are in top condition with a NOS motor recently fitted. All fittings and blades are in top shape. Cheers - Murray Arundell Soaking in Aus..... (It would appear our drought is about to be broken.....) -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 1939mgtb Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:04 am To: Paroor; Peter Roberts Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes Hoses sometimes deteriorate internally and block fluid. Best, Ray "Morology is our profession, our ONLY profession!"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.net> To: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.de> Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:35 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > Madhu, > > The rear brake hose is two years old. There is no nick or evident > restriction to the pipes. I did my rear bleed first at the right rear > and got no fluid at the bleeder. Same as I moved around the car. The > only difference was that there was no bubbling in the bleeder at the > rear, but some very slight bubbling at the front. > > As I have mentioned, I rebuilt the MC two days ago. Filled the > reservoir full to the top and checked it each time I bled a cylinder. > There was no production of fluid upon bleeding. Now, I unscrewed the > banjo at the MC and worked the pedal. Lots of fluid! Next, I went to > the pipe fitting at the base of the rear hose and unscrewed it. Lot > of fluid! Next, I removed the pipe at the right rear. No fluid! Either > the hose is kinked, or the line is > blocked. > > Tomorrow I will remove the hose and check it. > > > _Peter > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.de> > To: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.net> > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:18 PM > Subject: AW: Brakes > > >> Hi Peter, >> Is the rubber pipe mounted on the differential new ? Do you >> mean to say that the metal pipe got a knick some where? But when you >> bleed the wheels, normally you start the longest connection. In the >> case of TC it is the rear right wheel. If you fill the reservoir and >> open the wheel cylinder >> after pumping the brake pedal, the fluid had to come out. If this is not >> the >> case then there is a blockage in the tube. One had to clear the >> blocking. >> Only if this work you can bleed the left rear wheel. Then the front left >> and >> finally the front right wheel. >> Any way let us hear the details. >> Best regards >> Madhu >> >> > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

SANDY SANDERS

Re: Windshield Washers

Post by SANDY SANDERS » Wed May 11, 2005 6:18 pm

We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic. Sandy Sanders Hudson Florida
----- Original Message ----- From: Murray Arundellarundell@ghs.com.au> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:13 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers Group, Have just had the pleasure of a long drive in the rain. Not something one has to contend with much in this part of the world fortunately. My wipers are pretty hopless. Now I accept that at best they will be pretty useless in heavey rain due to their design. Hence my question........ Have anyone out there managed to modify their wipers to improve performance. I should add that mine are in top condition with a NOS motor recently fitted. All fittings and blades are in top shape. Cheers - Murray Arundell Soaking in Aus..... (It would appear our drought is about to be broken.....) -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 1939mgtb Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:04 am To: Paroor; Peter Roberts Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes Hoses sometimes deteriorate internally and block fluid. Best, Ray "Morology is our profession, our ONLY profession!" ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.netmgtc@comcast.net>> To: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.deParoor@t-online.de>> Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:35 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > Madhu, > > The rear brake hose is two years old. There is no nick or evident > restriction to the pipes. I did my rear bleed first at the right rear > and got no fluid at the bleeder. Same as I moved around the car. The > only difference was that there was no bubbling in the bleeder at the > rear, but some very slight bubbling at the front. > > As I have mentioned, I rebuilt the MC two days ago. Filled the > reservoir full to the top and checked it each time I bled a cylinder. > There was no production of fluid upon bleeding. Now, I unscrewed the > banjo at the MC and worked the pedal. Lots of fluid! Next, I went to > the pipe fitting at the base of the rear hose and unscrewed it. Lot > of fluid! Next, I removed the pipe at the right rear. No fluid! Either > the hose is kinked, or the line is > blocked. > > Tomorrow I will remove the hose and check it. > > > _Peter > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.deParoor@t-online.de>> > To: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.netmgtc@comcast.net>> > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:18 PM > Subject: AW: Brakes > > >> Hi Peter, >> Is the rubber pipe mounted on the differential new ? Do you >> mean to say that the metal pipe got a knick some where? But when you >> bleed the wheels, normally you start the longest connection. In the >> case of TC it is the rear right wheel. If you fill the reservoir and >> open the wheel cylinder >> after pumping the brake pedal, the fluid had to come out. If this is not >> the >> case then there is a blockage in the tube. One had to clear the >> blocking. >> Only if this work you can bleed the left rear wheel. Then the front left >> and >> finally the front right wheel. >> Any way let us hear the details. >> Best regards >> Madhu >> >> > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Chip Old

Post by Chip Old » Wed May 11, 2005 6:30 pm

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:17 -0400, SANDY SANDERS wrote:
> We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic.
Some people (including me) have a problem with Rain-X at night. It works by causing the rain to bead on the glass and roll off or be swept off by airflow. That's fine during the day, but at night the thousands of tiny beads refract light from oncoming cars into a blinding glare. Many people's eyes don't seem to be affected, but it's something to beware of. -- Chip Old 1948 M.G. TC TC6710 XPAG7430 NEMGTR #2271 Cub Hill, Maryland 1962 Triumph TR4 CT3154LO CT3479E fold@bcpl.net

Maurice Paton

Post by Maurice Paton » Wed May 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Best to just fold the windscreen flat (I assume you don't drive around with the hood up). This way you will get a little extra speed as well! Maurice TC9357 -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Murray Arundell Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 1:14 p.m. To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers Group, Have just had the pleasure of a long drive in the rain. Not something one has to contend with much in this part of the world fortunately. My wipers are pretty hopless. Now I accept that at best they will be pretty useless in heavey rain due to their design. Hence my question........ Have anyone out there managed to modify their wipers to improve performance. I should add that mine are in top condition with a NOS motor recently fitted. All fittings and blades are in top shape. Cheers - Murray Arundell Soaking in Aus..... (It would appear our drought is about to be broken.....) -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 1939mgtb Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:04 am To: Paroor; Peter Roberts Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes Hoses sometimes deteriorate internally and block fluid. Best, Ray "Morology is our profession, our ONLY profession!"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.net> To: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.de> Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:35 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > Madhu, > > The rear brake hose is two years old. There is no nick or evident > restriction to the pipes. I did my rear bleed first at the right rear > and got no fluid at the bleeder. Same as I moved around the car. The > only difference was that there was no bubbling in the bleeder at the > rear, but some very slight bubbling at the front. > > As I have mentioned, I rebuilt the MC two days ago. Filled the > reservoir full to the top and checked it each time I bled a cylinder. > There was no production of fluid upon bleeding. Now, I unscrewed the > banjo at the MC and worked the pedal. Lots of fluid! Next, I went to > the pipe fitting at the base of the rear hose and unscrewed it. Lot > of fluid! Next, I removed the pipe at the right rear. No fluid! Either > the hose is kinked, or the line is > blocked. > > Tomorrow I will remove the hose and check it. > > > _Peter > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.de> > To: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.net> > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:18 PM > Subject: AW: Brakes > > >> Hi Peter, >> Is the rubber pipe mounted on the differential new ? Do you >> mean to say that the metal pipe got a knick some where? But when you >> bleed the wheels, normally you start the longest connection. In the >> case of TC it is the rear right wheel. If you fill the reservoir and >> open the wheel cylinder >> after pumping the brake pedal, the fluid had to come out. If this is not >> the >> case then there is a blockage in the tube. One had to clear the >> blocking. >> Only if this work you can bleed the left rear wheel. Then the front left >> and >> finally the front right wheel. >> Any way let us hear the details. >> Best regards >> Madhu >> >> > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links Yahoo! Groups Links

ross macpherson

Post by ross macpherson » Wed May 11, 2005 7:29 pm

Here on the "Wet Coast" of Canada rain is a constant companion. I (and I think all other local T types) use and swear by Rain-X. I never leave home without a bottle in the battery compartment. If it's not available in Oz I'm sure some list member will be happy to supply you.... Ross TC 3528 Vancouver -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Murray Arundell Sent: May 11, 2005 6:14 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers Group, Have just had the pleasure of a long drive in the rain. Not something one has to contend with much in this part of the world fortunately. My wipers are pretty hopless. Now I accept that at best they will be pretty useless in heavey rain due to their design. Hence my question........ Have anyone out there managed to modify their wipers to improve performance. I should add that mine are in top condition with a NOS motor recently fitted. All fittings and blades are in top shape. Cheers - Murray Arundell Soaking in Aus..... (It would appear our drought is about to be broken.....) -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 1939mgtb Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:04 am To: Paroor; Peter Roberts Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes Hoses sometimes deteriorate internally and block fluid. Best, Ray "Morology is our profession, our ONLY profession!"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.net> To: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.de> Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:35 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > Madhu, > > The rear brake hose is two years old. There is no nick or evident > restriction to the pipes. I did my rear bleed first at the right rear > and got no fluid at the bleeder. Same as I moved around the car. The > only difference was that there was no bubbling in the bleeder at the > rear, but some very slight bubbling at the front. > > As I have mentioned, I rebuilt the MC two days ago. Filled the > reservoir full to the top and checked it each time I bled a cylinder. > There was no production of fluid upon bleeding. Now, I unscrewed the > banjo at the MC and worked the pedal. Lots of fluid! Next, I went to > the pipe fitting at the base of the rear hose and unscrewed it. Lot > of fluid! Next, I removed the pipe at the right rear. No fluid! Either > the hose is kinked, or the line is > blocked. > > Tomorrow I will remove the hose and check it. > > > _Peter > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.de> > To: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.net> > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:18 PM > Subject: AW: Brakes > > >> Hi Peter, >> Is the rubber pipe mounted on the differential new ? Do you >> mean to say that the metal pipe got a knick some where? But when you >> bleed the wheels, normally you start the longest connection. In the >> case of TC it is the rear right wheel. If you fill the reservoir and >> open the wheel cylinder >> after pumping the brake pedal, the fluid had to come out. If this is not >> the >> case then there is a blockage in the tube. One had to clear the >> blocking. >> Only if this work you can bleed the left rear wheel. Then the front left >> and >> finally the front right wheel. >> Any way let us hear the details. >> Best regards >> Madhu >> >> > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links Yahoo! Groups Links -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.8 - Release Date: 10/05/2005 -- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.8 - Release Date: 10/05/2005

Charles Hill

Post by Charles Hill » Wed May 11, 2005 7:31 pm

I second the endorsement for RAIN-EX. Charles Hill SANDY SANDERS wrote:
>We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic. >Sandy Sanders >Hudson Florida > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Murray Arundellarundell@ghs.com.au> > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:13 PM > Subject: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers > > > Group, > > Have just had the pleasure of a long drive in the rain. Not something > one has to contend with much in this part of the world fortunately. My > wipers are pretty hopless. Now I accept that at best they will be > pretty useless in heavey rain due to their design. Hence my > question........ Have anyone out there managed to modify their wipers to > improve performance. I should add that mine are in top condition with a > NOS motor recently fitted. All fittings and blades are in top shape. > > Cheers - Murray Arundell > Soaking in Aus..... (It would appear our drought is about to be > broken.....) > > -----Original Message----- > From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf > Of 1939mgtb > Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:04 am > To: Paroor; Peter Roberts > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > > > Hoses sometimes deteriorate internally and block fluid. > Best, > Ray > "Morology is our profession, > our ONLY profession!" > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.netmgtc@comcast.net>> > To: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.deParoor@t-online.de>> > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:35 PM > Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > > > > Madhu, > > > > The rear brake hose is two years old. There is no nick or evident > > restriction to the pipes. I did my rear bleed first at the right rear > > > and got no fluid at the bleeder. Same as I moved around the car. The > > > only difference was that there was no bubbling in the bleeder at the > > rear, but some very slight bubbling at the front. > > > > As I have mentioned, I rebuilt the MC two days ago. Filled the > > reservoir full to the top and checked it each time I bled a cylinder. > > > There was no production of fluid upon bleeding. Now, I unscrewed the > > banjo at the MC and worked the pedal. Lots of fluid! Next, I went to > > > the pipe fitting at the base of the rear hose and unscrewed it. Lot > > of fluid! Next, I removed the pipe at the right rear. No fluid! Either > > > the hose is kinked, or the line is > > blocked. > > > > Tomorrow I will remove the hose and check it. > > > > > > _Peter > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.deParoor@t-online.de>> > > To: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.netmgtc@comcast.net>> > > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>> > > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:18 PM > > Subject: AW: Brakes > > > > > >> Hi Peter, > >> Is the rubber pipe mounted on the differential new ? Do you > >> mean to say that the metal pipe got a knick some where? But when you > >> bleed the wheels, normally you start the longest connection. In the > >> case of TC it is the rear right wheel. If you fill the reservoir and > >> open the wheel cylinder > >> after pumping the brake pedal, the fluid had to come out. If this is > not > >> the > >> case then there is a blockage in the tube. One had to clear the > >> blocking. > >> Only if this work you can bleed the left rear wheel. Then the front > left > >> and > >> finally the front right wheel. > >> Any way let us hear the details. > >> Best regards > >> Madhu > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed May 11, 2005 7:43 pm

The other problem with Rain-X is that it relies on air to push the water off the windscreen. This works great when you have a steeply angled windscreen like most modern cars, but on a verticle one it doesn't work nearly as well. I suppose Rain-X combined with a wiper, even a T-series wiper, would be pretty good. :) - Steve S - TC8975, LA, CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chip Old" fold@bcpl.net> To: "MG-TABC" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:30 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers > On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:17 -0400, SANDY SANDERS wrote: > > > We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic. > > Some people (including me) have a problem with Rain-X at night. It works > by causing the rain to bead on the glass and roll off or be swept off by > airflow. That's fine during the day, but at night the thousands of tiny > beads refract light from oncoming cars into a blinding glare. Many > people's eyes don't seem to be affected, but it's something to beware of. > > -- > Chip Old 1948 M.G. TC TC6710 XPAG7430 NEMGTR #2271 > Cub Hill, Maryland 1962 Triumph TR4 CT3154LO CT3479E > fold@bcpl.net > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

Rick Waters

Post by Rick Waters » Wed May 11, 2005 7:53 pm

I have experience that dispels this. I drove from California to Vancouver Canada in my old TC with Rainex. I had to drive through a terrific rainstorm near Florence Oregon, and the water just whisked off the windscreen in a very satisfying manner. The windscreen, was, of course, fully upright, as I wanted to use the hood. I do not have any experience using Rainex at night, so I can't comment on the dazzle mentioned earlier. -Rick "Steve S." websim@pacbell.net> wrote: The other problem with Rain-X is that it relies on air to push the water off the windscreen. This works great when you have a steeply angled windscreen like most modern cars, but on a verticle one it doesn't work nearly as well. I suppose Rain-X combined with a wiper, even a T-series wiper, would be pretty good. :) - Steve S - TC8975, LA, CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chip Old" To: "MG-TABC" Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:30 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers > On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:17 -0400, SANDY SANDERS wrote: > > > We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic. > > Some people (including me) have a problem with Rain-X at night. It works > by causing the rain to bead on the glass and roll off or be swept off by > airflow. That's fine during the day, but at night the thousands of tiny > beads refract light from oncoming cars into a blinding glare. Many > people's eyes don't seem to be affected, but it's something to beware of. > > -- > Chip Old 1948 M.G. TC TC6710 XPAG7430 NEMGTR #2271 > Cub Hill, Maryland 1962 Triumph TR4 CT3154LO CT3479E > fold@bcpl.net > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links -Rick Waters --------------------------------- Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed May 11, 2005 7:59 pm

I stand corrected sir! My report was from some friends in the hot rod community. They didn't seem to think it worked well for them on their vertical glass. A lot of them use it anyway since they don't like to put things like wipers on their cars. - Steve S - TC8975, LA, CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Waters" rwmgtc@yahoo.ca> To: "Steve S." websim@pacbell.net>; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:53 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers > I have experience that dispels this. > > I drove from California to Vancouver Canada in my old TC with Rainex. I had to drive through a terrific rainstorm near Florence Oregon, and the water just whisked off the windscreen in a very satisfying manner. The windscreen, was, of course, fully upright, as I wanted to use the hood. > > I do not have any experience using Rainex at night, so I can't comment on the dazzle mentioned earlier. > > -Rick > > "Steve S." websim@pacbell.net> wrote: > The other problem with Rain-X is that it relies on air to push the water off > the windscreen. This works great when you have a steeply angled windscreen > like most modern cars, but on a verticle one it doesn't work nearly as well. > I suppose Rain-X combined with a wiper, even a T-series wiper, would be > pretty good. :) > > - Steve S > - TC8975, LA, CA > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Chip Old" > To: "MG-TABC" > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:30 PM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers > > > > On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:17 -0400, SANDY SANDERS wrote: > > > > > We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic. > > > > Some people (including me) have a problem with Rain-X at night. It works > > by causing the rain to bead on the glass and roll off or be swept off by > > airflow. That's fine during the day, but at night the thousands of tiny > > beads refract light from oncoming cars into a blinding glare. Many > > people's eyes don't seem to be affected, but it's something to beware of. > > > > -- > > Chip Old 1948 M.G. TC TC6710 XPAG7430 NEMGTR #2271 > > Cub Hill, Maryland 1962 Triumph TR4 CT3154LO CT3479E > > fold@bcpl.net > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > -Rick Waters > > > --------------------------------- > Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

ROSS TAYLOR

Post by ROSS TAYLOR » Wed May 11, 2005 8:08 pm

I use Rain ex also . My son informs me that the RAAF uses it on the FA 18's ,Good stuff Ross in Tea Gardens
>I second the endorsement for RAIN-EX. > >Charles Hill > >SANDY SANDERS wrote: > > >We use a product called RAIN-EX. I find it fantastic. > >Sandy Sanders > >Hudson Florida > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: Murray Arundellarundell@ghs.com.au> > > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:13 PM > > Subject: [mg-tabc] Windshield Washers > > > > > > Group, > > > > Have just had the pleasure of a long drive in the rain. Not something > > one has to contend with much in this part of the world fortunately. My > > wipers are pretty hopless. Now I accept that at best they will be > > pretty useless in heavey rain due to their design. Hence my > > question........ Have anyone out there managed to modify their wipers >to > > improve performance. I should add that mine are in top condition with >a > > NOS motor recently fitted. All fittings and blades are in top shape. > > > > Cheers - Murray Arundell > > Soaking in Aus..... (It would appear our drought is about to be > > broken.....) > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> >[mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf > > Of 1939mgtb > > Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:04 am > > To: Paroor; Peter Roberts > > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > > > > > > Hoses sometimes deteriorate internally and block fluid. > > Best, > > Ray > > "Morology is our profession, > > our ONLY profession!" > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.netmgtc@comcast.net>> > > To: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.deParoor@t-online.de>> > > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>> > > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:35 PM > > Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Brakes > > > > > > > Madhu, > > > > > > The rear brake hose is two years old. There is no nick or evident > > > restriction to the pipes. I did my rear bleed first at the right >rear > > > > > and got no fluid at the bleeder. Same as I moved around the car. >The > > > > > only difference was that there was no bubbling in the bleeder at the > > > rear, but some very slight bubbling at the front. > > > > > > As I have mentioned, I rebuilt the MC two days ago. Filled the > > > reservoir full to the top and checked it each time I bled a cylinder. > > > > > There was no production of fluid upon bleeding. Now, I unscrewed the > > > banjo at the MC and worked the pedal. Lots of fluid! Next, I went >to > > > > > the pipe fitting at the base of the rear hose and unscrewed it. Lot > > > of fluid! Next, I removed the pipe at the right rear. No fluid! >Either > > > > > the hose is kinked, or the line is > > > blocked. > > > > > > Tomorrow I will remove the hose and check it. > > > > > > > > > _Peter > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From: "Paroor" Paroor@t-online.deParoor@t-online.de>> > > > To: "Peter Roberts" mgtc@comcast.netmgtc@comcast.net>> > > > Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>> > > > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:18 PM > > > Subject: AW: Brakes > > > > > > > > >> Hi Peter, > > >> Is the rubber pipe mounted on the differential new ? Do you > > >> mean to say that the metal pipe got a knick some where? But when you > > >> bleed the wheels, normally you start the longest connection. In the > > >> case of TC it is the rear right wheel. If you fill the reservoir and > > >> open the wheel cylinder > > >> after pumping the brake pedal, the fluid had to come out. If this is > > not > > >> the > > >> case then there is a blockage in the tube. One had to clear the > > >> blocking. > > >> Only if this work you can bleed the left rear wheel. Then the front > > left > > >> and > > >> finally the front right wheel. > > >> Any way let us hear the details. > > >> Best regards > > >> Madhu > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >