valve cover gasket

LKe1021587@aol.com

valve cover gasket

Post by LKe1021587@aol.com » Wed May 04, 2005 11:17 am

Has anyone had experience with the silicone valve cover gasket that's usually sold on ebay from time to time. At twice the price of the cork composite that Moss sells, is it worth the extra money? Mike K. Azusa CA. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

fnitz

Re: valve cover gasket

Post by fnitz » Wed May 04, 2005 11:25 am

One of the few places I do not have an oil leak is around the cork valve cover gasket. Fred TC1353 -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of LKe1021587@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:17 AM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: [mg-tabc] valve cover gasket Has anyone had experience with the silicone valve cover gasket that's usually sold on ebay from time to time. At twice the price of the cork composite that Moss sells, is it worth the extra money? Mike K. Azusa CA. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links

kwcp

Post by kwcp » Wed May 04, 2005 11:41 am

Mike: If you soak the cork gasket overnight in oil before installation it will not leak. I thought the silicon rubber gasket was a good idea so I made one out of aircraft gasket material. It leaked. I went back to the cork gasket, it does not leak even after removal and reinstallation. Ken Porter Manchester NH TC 4147 LKe1021587@aol.com wrote:
> Has anyone had experience with the silicone valve cover gasket that's >usually sold on ebay from time to time. At twice the price of the cork composite >that Moss sells, is it worth the extra money? > >Mike K. >Azusa CA. > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >

Kevin Brinkerhoff

Post by Kevin Brinkerhoff » Wed May 04, 2005 11:58 am

Mike, I use the cork gasket too. Glue it to the cylinder head with clear or black silicone and it will be leak free for many removals of the vc. Kevin Brinkerhoff
----- Original Message ----- From: LKe1021587@aol.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:17 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] valve cover gasket > Has anyone had experience with the silicone valve cover gasket that's > usually sold on ebay from time to time. At twice the price of the cork > composite > that Moss sells, is it worth the extra money? > > Mike K. > Azusa CA. > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

TMcNam4510@aol.com

Post by TMcNam4510@aol.com » Wed May 04, 2005 12:10 pm

I have installed the gaskets sold by "Roadster Gaskets" on my TD and I am very happy. They supply a valve cover and side cover as a set. I just ordered a set for TC 2850. I have no financial connection to them. Try _www.roadstergaskets.com_ (http://www.roadstergaskets.com) . regards, Tom TC 2850 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

ian thomson

Post by ian thomson » Thu May 05, 2005 1:11 am

I use a home made nitrile rubber gasket. Buy a 1/4 in thick sheet and cut it out with a stanley knife. Leakfree and reusable. Ian Thomson. -------- --- Kevin Brinkerhoff kbrink53@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Mike, I use the cork gasket too. Glue it to the > cylinder head with clear or > black silicone and it will be leak free for many > removals of the vc. Kevin > Brinkerhoff > ----- Original Message ----- > From: LKe1021587@aol.com> > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:17 PM > Subject: [mg-tabc] valve cover gasket > > > > Has anyone had experience with the silicone valve > cover gasket that's > > usually sold on ebay from time to time. At twice > the price of the cork > > composite > > that Moss sells, is it worth the extra money? > > > > Mike K. > > Azusa CA. > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been > removed] > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > mg-tabc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > >
___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - want a free and easy way to contact your friends online? http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Bruce Doran-Veevers

Valve Cover Gasket

Post by Bruce Doran-Veevers » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Is there a gasket material other then cork available ?

Bruce Doran-Veevers

MBS Sales & Marketing Ltd.

115 Hemlock Dr.

Carleton Place, Ont.

K7C 3P2

SHERWOOD PARKER

Re: Valve Cover Gasket

Post by SHERWOOD PARKER » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:28 pm