Brake line fittings

Jim Buell

Brake line fittings

Post by Jim Buell » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:27 am

Hi Group- A question about brake line fittings. What is the correct thread size for the brake line fittings? Thanks Jim Buell TC 9806 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Peter Cole

Re: Brake line fittings

Post by Peter Cole » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:45 am

Jim, They are 7/16 UNC (which is 20tpi). Regards Peter Cole. Jim Buell wrote:
>Hi Group- > >A question about brake line fittings. What is the correct thread size for the brake line fittings? > >Thanks > >Jim Buell >TC 9806 > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > >

Bob Grunau

Post by Bob Grunau » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:19 am

Sorry Peter, that should be 7/16"- UNF- which is 20 tpi. Bob Grunau -----Original Message----- From: Peter Cole [mailto:peter.cole@onetel.net] Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:45 PM To: Jim Buell Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Brake line fittings Jim, They are 7/16 UNC (which is 20tpi). Regards Peter Cole. Jim Buell wrote:
>Hi Group- > >A question about brake line fittings. What is the correct thread size for
the brake line fittings?
> >Thanks > >Jim Buell >TC 9806 > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > >
Yahoo! Groups Links

Terry Sanders

Brake line fittings

Post by Terry Sanders » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:58 pm

I've got to replace one of my brake lines and its been so long since I repiped the TA that I've forgotten the details of the fittings. Are the threads on the fittings that screw into the banjo behind the M/C British or were these standardized so that US fittings will work? I seem to remember buying standard 1/4" lines with fittings at the local auto store and screwing them right in...Are these fitting the same on all T cars? Tnx Terry in Oakland [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Bob Grunau

Post by Bob Grunau » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi Terry, I think you will find the TA/TC used NF threads. Can't remember for sure, but I think 7/16" NF for the banjo bolts and pipe end threads. TD/TF are 3/8 " BSF threads. Bob Grunau . -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Terry Sanders Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:59 PM To: Tabc List Subject: [mg-tabc] Brake line fittings I've got to replace one of my brake lines and its been so long since I repiped the TA that I've forgotten the details of the fittings. Are the threads on the fittings that screw into the banjo behind the M/C British or were these standardized so that US fittings will work? I seem to remember buying standard 1/4" lines with fittings at the local auto store and screwing them right in...Are these fitting the same on all T cars? Tnx Terry in Oakland [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Terry Sanders

Post by Terry Sanders » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks Bob, on an old fitting I have here I measure 7/16 x 24 tpi....which doesn't match up with any chart I have....?? Terry Bob Grunau grunau.garage@sympatico.ca> wrote: Hi Terry, I think you will find the TA/TC used NF threads. Can't remember for sure, but I think 7/16" NF for the banjo bolts and pipe end threads. TD/TF are 3/8 " BSF threads. Bob Grunau . -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Terry Sanders Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:59 PM To: Tabc List Subject: [mg-tabc] Brake line fittings I've got to replace one of my brake lines and its been so long since I repiped the TA that I've forgotten the details of the fittings. Are the threads on the fittings that screw into the banjo behind the M/C British or were these standardized so that US fittings will work? I seem to remember buying standard 1/4" lines with fittings at the local auto store and screwing them right in...Are these fitting the same on all T cars? Tnx Terry in Oakland [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Terry Sanders

Post by Terry Sanders » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:20 am

You are right (as usual!). I got hold of an old TC line with fittings and they are 7/16 x 20. Here is a neat site for Cunifer pipe and fittings: http://store.fedhillusa.com/ Terry Bob Grunau grunau.garage@sympatico.ca> wrote: Hi Terry, I think you will find the TA/TC used NF threads. Can't remember for sure, but I think 7/16" NF for the banjo bolts and pipe end threads. TD/TF are 3/8 " BSF threads. Bob Grunau . -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Terry Sanders Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:59 PM To: Tabc List Subject: [mg-tabc] Brake line fittings I've got to replace one of my brake lines and its been so long since I repiped the TA that I've forgotten the details of the fittings. Are the threads on the fittings that screw into the banjo behind the M/C British or were these standardized so that US fittings will work? I seem to remember buying standard 1/4" lines with fittings at the local auto store and screwing them right in...Are these fitting the same on all T cars? Tnx Terry in Oakland [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]