pertronix ignitor

ulrich schneider

pertronix ignitor

Post by ulrich schneider » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:22 am

does anybody have experience wtih the pertronix ignition in an tc?what type do i need?maybe someone knows a dealeradress in germany uli schneider [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

frenchblatter

Pertronix Ignitor

Post by frenchblatter » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:34 am

I've just bought a Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition module from Moss (Paris). I have the LU 146LS kit. It has 2 wires, a red and a black. I take it the red goes to the SW side of the coiul and the black to the CB. Also it says I musn't use solid HT leads but that's what I have. So, should I send it back or fit it as above and hope it's ok with sold plug leads? A confused Norman, TC10178

Benny Grumer

Re: Pertronix Ignitor

Post by Benny Grumer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:52 am

Hi Norman

For my positive ground TC I got from them the LU-146LSP12 Pertronix electronic ignition. Is your car a negative ground?

I think you got a ignition module for negative ground.

Benny

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:35 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Pertronix Ignitor

I've just bought a Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition module from Moss (Paris). I have the LU 146LS kit.   It has 2 wires, a red and a black. I take it the red goes to the SW side of the coiul and the black to the CB. Also it says I musn't use solid HT leads but that's what I have.   So, should I send it back or fit it as above and hope it's ok with sold plug leads?   A confused Norman, TC10178  

Norman Verona

Post by Norman Verona » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:56 am

Benny,

I ordered one for a TC, they have sent the wrong one. I ll send it back.

I ve tightened the loose spring on the balance weight in the distributor. I ll try it when it cools down, the weather, not the car. It s as hot here as it is there.

[b]Norman Verona[/b]

La Foie, 49520, Noellet, France

Tel: 0033 (0)2 41 92 73 44

Mob: 0033 (0)7 70 70 23 79

[b]From:[/b] Benny Grumer [mailto:jaguarb@inter.net.il] [b]Sent:[/b] 30 August 2016 14:52 [b]To:[/b] norman@frenchblat.com; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] RE: [mg-tabc] Pertronix Ignitor

Hi Norman

For my positive ground TC I got from them the LU-146LSP12 Pertronix electronic ignition. Is your car a negative ground?

I think you got a ignition module for negative ground.

Benny

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:35 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Pertronix Ignitor

I've just bought a Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition module from Moss (Paris). I have the LU 146LS kit.   It has 2 wires, a red and a black. I take it the red goes to the SW side of the coiul and the black to the CB. Also it says I musn't use solid HT leads but that's what I have.   So, should I send it back or fit it as above and hope it's ok with sold plug leads?   A confused Norman, TC10178  

John Seim

Post by John Seim » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:29 am

Red & Black is for a negative ground car.Black and Black with a white stripe is for a positive ground car. Stranded high tension leads is what you probably have.Unit will work with them. John SeimIrvine, CA
On Aug 30, 2016, at 5:34 AM, norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] wrote: I've just bought a Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition module from Moss (Paris). I have the LU 146LS kit.

It has 2 wires, a red and a black. I take it the red goes to the SW side of the coil and the black to the CB. Also it says I musn't use solid HT leads but that's what I have.

So, should I send it back or fit it as above and hope it's ok with solid plug leads?

A confused Norman,

TC10178

Posted by: norman@frenchblat.com[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/gr ... 1472560499[/img]  VISIT YOUR GROUP New Photos 4[img]https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fl.yimg.com%2Fru%2Fstatic%2Fimages%2Fyg%2Fimg%2Femail%2Fnew_logo%2Flogo-groups-137x15.png&t=1522510674&sig=AbuQKdu5X3YwtDhCoBvQOw--~D[/img]  Privacy   mg-tabc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe   Terms of Use