Brake U washer

Graham Knight

Brake U washer

Post by Graham Knight » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:12 pm

Hi, Does the U-shaped washer that holds the brake shoes at the pivot simply push in or is one expected to pinch the tops over to hold it in place? Graham

Terry Sanders

Re: Brake U washer

Post by Terry Sanders » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:58 pm

Graham, I've always drilled a small hole at the big end of this washer so that I can get my awl into it for removal. On installation I just push it home then using the awl turn so that the U points downward. Terry in Oakland Graham Knight graham.knight5@btinternet.com> wrote: Hi, Does the U-shaped washer that holds the brake shoes at the pivot simply push in or is one expected to pinch the tops over to hold it in place? Graham Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:54 am

Hi, Thanks to all who provided information on this. Graham

Clive Sherriff

Post by Clive Sherriff » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:31 am

Pinch it over.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Knight" graham.knight5@btinternet.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:12 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Brake U washer > > Hi, > > Does the U-shaped washer that holds the brake shoes at the pivot simply > push in or is one expected to pinch the tops over to hold it in place? > > Graham > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

Bob Grunau

Post by Bob Grunau » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:14 pm

I got tired of fighting this "U" shaped clip and went to my local bearing supplier and bought a package of proper sized modern circlips which just pop into place and can be easily removed with a screw driver. No more fighting the horseshoes. Bob Grunau -----Original Message----- From: Terry Sanders [mailto:taterry@pacbell.net] Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:58 PM To: Graham Knight; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Brake U washer Graham, I've always drilled a small hole at the big end of this washer so that I can get my awl into it for removal. On installation I just push it home then using the awl turn so that the U points downward. Terry in Oakland Graham Knight graham.knight5@btinternet.com> wrote: Hi, Does the U-shaped washer that holds the brake shoes at the pivot simply push in or is one expected to pinch the tops over to hold it in place? Graham Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links

Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:55 am

Dear All, I came across this site: http://www.fer.co.uk/ It may be useful for anyone in the UK searching for someone to do engine work. I have no experience of any of the companies listed. Graham