TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ???

rmalsed2@juno.com

TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ???

Post by rmalsed2@juno.com » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:31 pm

I appreciate the TABC site, chat, ect. 'emensly' albeit I'm only a former MG F-2, MGA, MGB and NOW an MG TD sorta guy that just slightly squeezes into the c onversations. I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive???? Hope us TDers can keep listing-in for fringe advice now and then. Rick & Maggie 'MgGie', "The 10,000 Mile TD" (11,434 single drive 2004 at 52) www.mg3club.prg/rickontheroad.htm for trip info ___________________________________________________________________ Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand. Now includes pop-up blocker! Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today!

Richard Fritz

Re: TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ???

Post by Richard Fritz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:17 pm

Just for the record, Rick: Harry Pyle drove his TC 12,600 miles around Australia in 31 days (a bit more than you did and in a shorter time frame) and subsequently drove the same TC completely around the world. OK, he did have boat rides when he ran out of roads. Richard Fritz, TC6649
----- Original Message ----- From: rmalsed2@juno.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 2:29 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ??? > > > I appreciate the TABC site, chat, ect. 'emensly' albeit I'm only a former MG F-2, MGA, MGB and NOW an MG TD sorta guy that just slightly squeezes into the c onversations. > > I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive???? > > Hope us TDers can keep listing-in for fringe advice now and then. > > Rick & Maggie > 'MgGie', "The 10,000 Mile TD" (11,434 single drive 2004 at 52) > www.mg3club.prg/rickontheroad.htm for trip info > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand. > Now includes pop-up blocker! > Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today! > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

MIKEFRAN@aol.com

Post by MIKEFRAN@aol.com » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:59 pm

Rick Not to take anything away from you and your trip of last year in your TD, but there is one TC which has taken trips that make most others pale in comparison. That is, of course, Harry and Deidre Pyle's TC 2446. A 30 day, 12,000+ mile trip around the continent of Australia in 1988, followed by a 30,000+ mile trip around the world in 1993 certainly show what the TC is made of (not to mention Harry and Deidre themselves). Try to get yourself a copy of Deidre's book, MG TC's Drive Them 'til the Roads Wear Out, which chronicles their epic drive. Mike Francks TC 8332 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Clive Sherriff

Post by Clive Sherriff » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:42 am

>>I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc
that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive????>> Clive PS There is always the possibility of in flight refueling I guess - but topping up the oil would be tricky!!! ======================================
----- Original Message ----- From: rmalsed2@juno.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:29 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ??? > > > I appreciate the TABC site, chat, ect. 'emensly' albeit I'm only a former MG F-2, MGA, MGB and NOW an MG TD sorta guy that just slightly squeezes into the c onversations. > > I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive???? > > Hope us TDers can keep listing-in for fringe advice now and then. > > Rick & Maggie > 'MgGie', "The 10,000 Mile TD" (11,434 single drive 2004 at 52) > www.mg3club.prg/rickontheroad.htm for trip info > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand. > Now includes pop-up blocker! > Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today! > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > >

Rick Waters

Post by Rick Waters » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:45 pm

Enough of this. Any TABCwould easily do 10,000 miles or more in one trip, if there were no bloody TDs on the road in front to slow it down! Clive Sherriff clive.sherriff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive????> Clive PS There is always the possibility of in flight refueling I guess - but topping up the oil would be tricky!!! ======================================
----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:29 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ??? > > > I appreciate the TABC site, chat, ect. 'emensly' albeit I'm only a former MG F-2, MGA, MGB and NOW an MG TD sorta guy that just slightly squeezes into the c onversations. > > I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive???? > > Hope us TDers can keep listing-in for fringe advice now and then. > > Rick & Maggie > 'MgGie', "The 10,000 Mile TD" (11,434 single drive 2004 at 52) > www.mg3club.prg/rickontheroad.htm for trip info > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand. > Now includes pop-up blocker! > Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today! > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links -Rick Waters --------------------------------- Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Skip Kelsey

Post by Skip Kelsey » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:08 am

Rick: Now lets be nice about this. I have driven my TD over 200,000 miles with little or no problems. Sometimes is front of a TC, and sometimes in back of a TC. Terry Sanders of this list has enjoyed many miles in front of my TD in his TA. Cheers: Skip........................................................... At 12:45 AM 3/2/2005 -0500, Rick Waters wrote:
>Enough of this. Any TABCwould easily do 10,000 miles or more in one trip, >if there were no bloody TDs on the road in front to slow it down! > >Clive Sherriff clive.sherriff@ntlworld.com> wrote: > >>I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc >that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous >drive???? >It would of course need a non standard fuel tank to >be fitted and I'm not sure I could countenance that >of course............> > >Clive > >PS There is always the possibility of in flight >refueling I guess - but topping up the oil would be >tricky!!! > >====================================== >----- Original Message ----- >From: >To: >Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:29 PM >Subject: [mg-tabc] TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ??? > > > > > > > > I appreciate the TABC site, chat, ect. 'emensly' albeit I'm only a former >MG F-2, MGA, MGB and NOW an MG TD sorta guy that just slightly squeezes into >the c onversations. > > > > I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc that has done >10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive???? > > > > Hope us TDers can keep listing-in for fringe advice now and then. > > > > Rick & Maggie > > 'MgGie', "The 10,000 Mile TD" (11,434 single drive 2004 at 52) > > www.mg3club.prg/rickontheroad.htm for trip info > > > > ___________________________________________________________________ > > Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand. > > Now includes pop-up blocker! > > Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today! > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > >-Rick Waters > > >--------------------------------- >Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >

Rick Waters

Post by Rick Waters » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:19 pm

Oil? What oil? Everyone knows that TCs do not need oil added between changes. Clive Sherriff clive.sherriff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive????> Clive PS There is always the possibility of in flight refueling I guess - but topping up the oil would be tricky!!! ======================================
----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:29 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TD ANYTHING ... dash, glove, ??? > > > I appreciate the TABC site, chat, ect. 'emensly' albeit I'm only a former MG F-2, MGA, MGB and NOW an MG TD sorta guy that just slightly squeezes into the c onversations. > > I will say, though, that I'm still waiting to find a Tabc that has done 10,000 miles, or more, in one continous drive???? > > Hope us TDers can keep listing-in for fringe advice now and then. > > Rick & Maggie > 'MgGie', "The 10,000 Mile TD" (11,434 single drive 2004 at 52) > www.mg3club.prg/rickontheroad.htm for trip info > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand. > Now includes pop-up blocker! > Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today! > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links -Rick Waters --------------------------------- Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Peter Roberts

Post by Peter Roberts » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:20 am

Oil changes? Really? I have always found the a quart a day keeps the change away.