Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding

kjacoby@roadrunner.com

Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding

Post by kjacoby@roadrunner.com » Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me) notice the Pics of them leaving Windsor Castle in the E Type Jaguar. Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version?  Seems to me, that even if it was a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would have the funds to convert it to RHD. Just curious, Kent Jacoby

Murray G Arundell

Re: Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding

Post by Murray G Arundell » Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm

It was a LHD car converted to run on battery powered electric motors by Jaguar. Murray Arundell e arundell@ghs.com.au
On 21 May 2018, at 1:08 pm, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me)

notice the Pics of them leaving Windsor Castle in the E Type Jaguar.

Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version?  Seems to me, that even if it was

a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would

have the funds to convert it to RHD.

Just curious,

Kent Jacoby

David Lodge

Post by David Lodge » Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"!
On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me) notice the Pics of them leaving Windsor Castle in the E Type Jaguar. Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version? Seems to me, that even if it was a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would have the funds to convert it to RHD. Just curious, Kent Jacoby

Peter Cole

Post by Peter Cole » Sun May 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi, Saw the Jag. Apparently it was converted to electric. Sacrilege! How can you have so much money and so little taste? I assumed the LHR was a nod to Megan being American. The RR was even worse. Did you spot that someone had put sealed beam units in those beautiful headlights? What else had they done to it? Good luck to her though. She's very brave to take him on! Peter
On Mon, 21 May 2018, 4:08 am xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc], mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u]

Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me) notice the Pics of them leaving Windsor Castle in the E Type Jaguar. Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version? Seems to me, that even if it was a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would have the funds to convert it to RHD. Just curious, Kent Jacoby

Malcolm Scanlan

Post by Malcolm Scanlan » Sun May 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Attachments :
    [*][url=file:///C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\PG Offline 4\Attachments\\DSCN1988.JPG]DSCN1988.JPG[/url]
Never mind the Jag - why didn't Meghan curtsy to the Queen on the way out of the church? Every other royal bride has done and it is considered the correct procedure.

And just to keep this on MG topic I attach a picture taken Saturday at the Vancouver ABFM.   A grand display of 'T's.

Good to see you there David.

Malcolm

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of David Lodge emmgeeteesee@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] May 20, 2018 9:26 PM [b]To:[/b] xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [b]Cc:[/b] MG-TABC [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding     Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"! On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[u][/u]   Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me) notice the Pics of them leaving Windsor Castle in the E Type Jaguar. Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version?  Seems to me, that even if it was a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would have the funds to convert it to RHD. Just curious, Kent Jacoby

MERLIN GARAGES

Post by MERLIN GARAGES » Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 am

I do not think they were converted.   Some P100 lights look as if they have sealed beams inside.   David TA 0455 UK [b]From:[/b] arundell@ghs.com.au [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, May 21, 2018 6:59 AM [b]To:[/b] malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [b]Cc:[/b] xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com ; emmgeeteesee@gmail.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding   Suspect the RR lights were changed for reasons of safety.  One could imagine those lights wouldn t be too good in the English rain/fog/snow... remember it s from HM s garage so it s got to keep the OH&S woombles happy. Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 15:42, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Never mind the Jag - why didn't Meghan curtsy to the Queen on the way out of the church? Every other royal bride has done and it is considered the correct procedure. And just to keep this on MG topic I attach a picture taken Saturday at the Vancouver ABFM.   A grand display of 'T's.

Good to see you there David.

Malcolm

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of David Lodge emmgeeteesee@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] May 20, 2018 9:26 PM [b]To:[/b] xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo..com [b]Cc:[/b] MG-TABC [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding     Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"! On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u]   Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me) notice the Pics of them leaving Windsor Castle in the E Type Jaguar. Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version?  Seems to me, that even if it was a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would have the funds to convert it to RHD. Just curious, Kent Jacoby

Mark & Sheila Masters

Post by Mark & Sheila Masters » Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 am

Arn t you all getting a little picky. In 50 yrs time the only way you ll be able to drive your E type or MG s will be via electric conversion. I just wish I could be here to experience the much improved performance.  CheersMarkNZ
On 21May, 2018, at 09:50, 'Merlin Garages' merlingarages@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I do not think they were converted.  Some P100 lights look as if they have sealed beams inside. DavidTA 0455UK From: arundell@ghs.com.au [mg-tabc]Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:59 AMTo: malcolmscanlan@hotmail.comCc: xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com ; emmgeeteesee@gmail.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding  Suspect the RR lights were changed for reasons of safety.  One could imagine those lights wouldn t be too good in the English rain/fog/snow... remember it s from HM s garage so it s got to keep the OH&S woombles happy.

Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 15:42, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Never mind the Jag - why didn't Meghan curtsy to the Queen on the way out of the church? Every other royal bride has done and it is considered the correct procedure.And just to keep this on MG topic I attach a picture taken Saturday at the Vancouver ABFM.   A grand display of 'T's.Good to see you there David. Malcolm From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of David Lodge emmgeeteesee@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> Sent: May 20, 2018 9:26 PM To: xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo..com Cc: MG-TABC Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding   Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"! On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me)

Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version?  Seems to me, that even if it was

a vehicle imported from the US, or any other left hand drive country, the Royal Family would

Just curious,

Kent Jacoby

jeffrey townsend

Post by jeffrey townsend » Mon May 21, 2018 2:58 am

Maybe you will be here - powered by electric! Jeff Townsend  Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 10:37, Mark & Sheila Masters rmmasters@xtra.co.nz [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Arn t you all getting a little picky. In 50 yrs time the only way you ll be able to drive your E type or MG s will be via electric conversion. I just wish I could be here to experience the much improved performance.  Cheers Mark NZ On 21May, 2018, at 09:50, 'Merlin Garages' merlingarages@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I do not think they were converted.    Some P100 lights look as if they have sealed beams inside.   David TA 0455 UK From: arundell@ghs.com.au [mg-tabc] Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:59 AM To: malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com Cc: xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com ; emmgeeteesee@gmail.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding   Suspect the RR lights were changed for reasons of safety.  One could imagine those lights wouldn t be too good in the English rain/fog/snow... remember it s from HM s garage so it s got to keep the OH&S woombles happy.

Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 15:42, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Never mind the Jag - why didn't Meghan curtsy to the Queen on the way out of the church? Every other royal bride has done and it is considered the correct procedure. And just to keep this on MG topic I attach a picture taken Saturday at the Vancouver ABFM.   A grand display of 'T's.. Good to see you there David. Malcolm From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of David Lodge emmgeeteesee@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> Sent: May 20, 2018 9:26 PM To: xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo..com Cc: MG-TABC Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding     Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"! On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me)

Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version?  Seems to me, that even if it was

Just curious,

Kent Jacoby

Mark & Sheila Masters

Post by Mark & Sheila Masters » Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 am

WOW !!!
On 21May, 2018, at 11:58, jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Maybe you will be here - powered by electric!

Jeff Townsend  Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 10:37, Mark & Sheila Masters rmmasters@xtra.co.nz [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:  Arn t you all getting a little picky.

In 50 yrs time the only way you ll be able to drive your E type or MG s will be via electric conversion. I just wish I could be here to experience the much improved performance.  CheersMarkNZ On 21May, 2018, at 09:50, 'Merlin Garages' merlingarages@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I do not think they were converted.  Some P100 lights look as if they have sealed beams inside. DavidTA 0455UK From: arundell@ghs.com.au [mg-tabc]Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:59 AMTo: malcolmscanlan@hotmail.comCc: xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com ; emmgeeteesee@gmail.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding  Suspect the RR lights were changed for reasons of safety.  One could imagine those lights wouldn t be too good in the English rain/fog/snow... remember it s from HM s garage so it s got to keep the OH&S woombles happy.

Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 15:42, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Never mind the Jag - why didn't Meghan curtsy to the Queen on the way out of the church? Every other royal bride has done and it is considered the correct procedure.And just to keep this on MG topic I attach a picture taken Saturday at the Vancouver ABFM.   A grand display of 'T's..Good to see you there David. Malcolm From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of David Lodge emmgeeteesee@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> Sent: May 20, 2018 9:26 PM To: xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo..com Cc: MG-TABC Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding   Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"! On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me)

Just curious,

Kent Jacoby

mgtc7794

Post by mgtc7794 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:13 am

FWIW: https://pagesix.com/2018/05/20/this-is-how-much-harry-and-meghans-electric-jag-goes-for/?_ga=2.24061498.1648467461.1526679112-1978920646.1476181137 Bob BrennanS. Freeport, ME
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 6:05 AM, Mark & Sheila Masters rmmasters@xtra.co.nz [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] WOW !!! On 21May, 2018, at 11:58, jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Maybe you will be here - powered by electric!

Jeff Townsend Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 10:37, Mark & Sheila Masters rmmasters@xtra.co.nz [ mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Arn t you all getting a little picky.

In 50 yrs time the only way you ll be able to drive your E type or MG s will be via electric conversion. I just wish I could be here to experience the much improved performance. CheersMarkNZ On 21May, 2018, at 09:50, 'Merlin Garages' merlingarages@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I do not think they were converted. Some P100 lights look as if they have sealed beams inside. DavidTA 0455UK [b]From:[/b] arundell@ghs.com.au+[mg-tabc][b]Sent:[/b] Monday, May 21, 2018 6:59 AM[b]To:[/b] malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com[b]Cc:[/b] xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com ; emmgeeteesee@gmail.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com[b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding Suspect the RR lights were changed for reasons of safety. One could imagine those lights wouldn t be too good in the English rain/fog/snow... remember it s from HM s garage so it s got to keep the OH&S woombles happy.

Sent from my iPhone On 21 May 2018, at 15:42, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Never mind the Jag - why didn't Meghan curtsy to the Queen on the way out of the church? Every other royal bride has done and it is considered the correct procedure.And just to keep this on MG topic I attach a picture taken Saturday at the Vancouver ABFM. A grand display of 'T's..Good to see you there David. Malcolm [b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of David Lodge emmgeeteesee@gmail.com [ mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] May 20, 2018 9:26 PM [b]To:[/b] xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo..com [b]Cc:[/b] MG-TABC [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding Supposedly an experimental job, with the accent on "mental"! On 20 May 2018 at 20:08, xztflcieovffjknqcprbm7fzg7ku4o2kacrhapcx@yahoo.com [ mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] Had anyone else watching Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, (my wife made me)

Can anyone tell me why it was a left hand drive version? Seems to me, that even if it was

Just curious,

Kent Jacoby