Yahoo!

Roger Furneaux

Yahoo!

Post by Roger Furneaux » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 am

hi all - I am posting with a new subject so that there is no confusion... For some time we have been able to post photos with emails, as I did on Jasn. 3rd. There may be a size limit so I reduced it to below 1M using Irfanview. I do not understand why photos are posted by others via Yahoo, or even how to do so, especially knowing the bad experiences of many people. It is good to be able to see photos easily on the Forum, but I must admit to not having looked at it for a long time: it takes long enough each day simply reading and replying to emails... oc[b]T[/b]agonally Roger

Steve S

Re: Yahoo!

Post by Steve S » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 am

Any attachments to your email are automatically handled by Yahoo. Chances are, there are many people who never see your attachments but you just don't know it. Sometimes the attachments pop up for me, and other times I'm prompted for a Yahoo password before I can view them. Sometimes it doesn't take may password and sometimes it does. Seems to be a crap shoot, really. - Steve Simmons, TC8975 On 1/8/2018 8:45 AM, Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] wrote:
hi all - I am posting with a new subject so that there is no confusion... For some time we have been able to post photos with emails, as I did on Jasn. 3rd. There may be a size limit so I reduced it to below 1M using Irfanview. I do not understand why photos are posted by others via Yahoo, or even how to do so, especially knowing the bad experiences of many people. It is good to be able to see photos easily on the Forum, but I must admit to not having looked at it for a long time: it takes long enough each day simply reading and replying to emails... oc[b]T[/b]agonally Roger

Norman Verona

Post by Norman Verona » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 am

Attachments :
    [*][url=file:///C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\PG Offline 4\Attachments\\TC29-04 (19).jpeg]TC29-04 (19).jpeg[/url]
Just testing if this gets to everyone. Can I have some feedback from someone other than Roger. I need to know if the picture gets to you.

[b][i]Norman Verona[/i][/b]

11 Cherry Close, Royston, South Yorkshire S71 4LZ

Phone: 0044 (0)1226 728811

Mob: 0044 (0)741 9905 741

[b][i]Web: www.frenchblat.com[/i][/b]

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 08 January 2018 16:46 [b]To:[/b] MG-TABC List mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; Roger Furneaux roger46tc@gmail.com> [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Yahoo!

hi all - I am posting with a new subject so that there is no confusion...

For some time we have been able to post photos with emails, as I did on Jasn. 3rd. There may be a size limit so I reduced it to below 1M using Irfanview.

I do not understand why photos are posted by others via Yahoo, or even how to do so,  especially knowing the bad experiences of many people. 

It is good to be able to see photos easily on the Forum, but I must admit to not having looked at it for a long time: it takes long enough each day simply reading and replying to emails...

oc[b]T[/b]agonally

Roger

Norman Verona

Post by Norman Verona » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Mark,

It was degreased and cleaned but not painted. It is now back where it belongs, in my car.

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Mark Stolzenburg stolzy40@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 08 January 2018 21:46 [b]To:[/b] Norman Verona norman@frenchblat.com> [b]Cc:[/b] MG-TABC List mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com>; Roger Furneaux roger46tc@gmail.com> [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Yahoo!

Got the photo just fine. But clean the grease off the tranny before you paint it

Mark Stolzenburg 

Chesterfield, Missouri, USA

TF 8263

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:25 PM 'Norman Verona' norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Just testing if this gets to everyone. Can I have some feedback from someone other than Roger. I need to know if the picture gets to you.

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 08 January 2018 16:46 [b]To:[/b] MG-TABC List mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; Roger Furneaux roger46tc@gmail.com> [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Yahoo!

hi all - I am posting with a new subject so that there is no confusion....

For some time we have been able to post photos with emails, as I did on Jasn. 3rd. There may be a size limit so I reduced it to below 1M using Irfanview.

I do not understand why photos are posted by others via Yahoo, or even how to do so,  especially knowing the bad experiences of many people. 

It is good to be able to see photos easily on the Forum, but I must admit to not having looked at it for a long time: it takes long enough each day simply reading and replying to emails...

oc[b]T[/b]agonally

Roger

Steve Tom

Post by Steve Tom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:37 pm

Norm - I hate to be the outlier, but I didn t receive any pictures. Perhaps it s because I just get a periodic e-mail compilations, not individual emails. I ve never seen a picture embedded in any e-mail I receive from this group, but I do sometimes see that a picture is attached. When I click on the attachment, I view the pictures on Yahoo with no problem.

I tried to open an account on the T-ABC web site a few years ago, when it was new, but I never got the promised confirmation e-mail that said my application was accepted. I never bothered to follow up because I continued to receive the e-mail compilations regularly, and I could view pictures on Yahoo. If we re going to make a change I ll try the T-ABC site again. Will it forward e-mail compilations of recent posts?

Steve

Norman Verona

Post by Norman Verona » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Steve,

I sent my picture as an attachment, not embedded.

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Steve Tom steventtom@aol.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 08 January 2018 22:37 [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Re: Yahoo!

Norm - I hate to be the outlier, but I didn t receive any pictures.  Perhaps it s because I just get a periodic e-mail compilations, not individual emails.  I ve never seen a picture embedded in any e-mail I receive from this group, but I do sometimes see that a picture is attached.  When I click on the attachment, I view the pictures on Yahoo with no problem.

I tried to open an account on the T-ABC web site a few years ago, when it was new, but I never got the promised confirmation e-mail that said my application was accepted.  I never bothered to follow up because I continued to receive the e-mail compilations regularly, and I could view pictures on Yahoo.  If we re going to make a change I ll try the T-ABC site again.  Will it forward e-mail compilations of recent posts?

Steve

Bob Somerville

Post by Bob Somerville » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Tom's experience is similar to mine. I receive daily digests, not individual emails. Since joining more than 10 years ago I have always seen the attached thumbnails that can be clicked to open in a new window. That is until this latest discussion, no images or thumbnails. I found the images by going to the group site but that is not so convenient. I am using Mozilla Firefox/Thunderbird. Bob.

David Wardell

Post by David Wardell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:11 am

I don t get the pictures either but like Steve, get the emails as a daily compilation which is my breakfast read. Think the pictures appear as a long string of text gibberish.And I can t get into Yahoo either, gave that up a year ago. If people like a simple interface, another alternative might be Mike Plumstead s TABC BBS. The TD and TF guys use the TD/TF part of the system.http://www2.mg-cars.org.uk/cgi-bin/or17?runprog=mgbbs&access=&mode=tlist&subject=83 David Sent from my iPad

Andy Johnson

Post by Andy Johnson » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:23 am

Picture is fine for me and quite good quality; I agree with Roger - Irfanview is easy to use and a free download, I've used it for years.Andy Johnson, TC2401, Guildford, England
On 8 Jan 2018, at 21:56, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Much better way of posting pictures - it reached all the way to the west coast of Canada!

Malcolm

TC 6944

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of 'Norman Verona' norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] January 8, 2018 11:42 AM [b]To:[/b] 'Roger Furneaux'; 'MG-TABC List'; 'Roger Furneaux' [b]Subject:[/b] RE: [mg-tabc] Yahoo! [1 Attachment]     Just testing if this gets to everyone. Can I have some feedback from someone other than Roger. I need to know if the picture gets to you.

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 08 January 2018 16:46 [b]To:[/b] MG-TABC List mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; Roger Furneaux roger46tc@gmail.com> [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Yahoo!

oc[b]T[/b]agonally

Roger

Harold Wheeler

Post by Harold Wheeler » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:00 am

Works good in NH. USA
On Jan 9, 2018 6:24 AM, "Andy Johnson apjohnson@mail.com [mg-tabc]" mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] Picture is fine for me and quite good quality; I agree with Roger - Irfanview is easy to use and a free download, I've used it for years.Andy Johnson, TC2401, Guildford, England On 8 Jan 2018, at 21:56, Malcolm Scanlan malcolmscanlan@hotmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Much better way of posting pictures - it reached all the way to the west coast of Canada! Malcolm

TC 6944

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of 'Norman Verona' norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] January 8, 2018 11:42 AM [b]To:[/b] 'Roger Furneaux'; 'MG-TABC List'; 'Roger Furneaux' [b]Subject:[/b] RE: [mg-tabc] Yahoo! [1 Attachment] Just testing if this gets to everyone. Can I have some feedback from someone other than Roger. I need to know if the picture gets to you.

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 08 January 2018 16:46 [b]To:[/b] MG-TABC List mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; Roger Furneaux roger46tc@gmail.com> [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Yahoo!

I do not understand why photos are posted by others via Yahoo, or even how to do so, especially knowing the bad experiences of many people.

oc[b]T[/b]agonally

Roger