Re: US banknotes decoded

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:20 am

David - all US banknotes have a picture of a past president, much the same way that have famous people on them. Washington = $1 Lincoln = $5 Hamilton = $10 Jackson = $20 Grant = $50 Franklin = $100
>I was halfway to the bank before I stopped myself to ask "What on earth is a >Hamilton?" >> hi Martin - the short answer is NO, 'cos Heritage do not have any factory >> records for T-types! >> >> The factory build sheets are owned by the M.G.C.C. and as the T-Register >> Registrar I have copies. The originals were being used by the club office to >> make photocopies for anybody who asked (and paid) but they began to get >> dog-eared so were bound into volumes. >> >> The good news is that I have some good reproductions of the original M.G. >> Car Co. guarantees (or at least the top sheet of same). The TC/TD/TF sheet >> is 8" x 13" and is "signed" by George Propert, General Manager post-war. >> The TF g/tee was "signed" by Lord Nuffield but is otherwise very similar so >> TF owners actually get a TC sheet. The TA/TB sheet is 9.3" x 15", on thicker >> card, and "signed" by Cecil Kimber. >> >> Using an old Imperial typewriter which came from the M.G.C.C. office at >> Abingdon, I type in the Car Number (not the same as the chassis no. in every >> case), the Original Engine no. and the production date (the g/tee has a >> space for purchase date, which in nearly every case is unknown). And just >> for the record in case some new folk do not know, all the factory Service >> Dept. records were lost, some say due to a fire, others think they just went >> in a skip.... >> >> Now for the good news: you can have one of these spendid full colour >> Guarantee sheets for the grand sum of $10 post paid airmail from England (or >> 5 in the U.K. or the equivalent of 6 in any other currency). Just send a >> "Hamilton" to me at: >> >> BUDDLE FARM, BROADWOODWIDGER, LIFTON, DEVON, PL16 0JR, U.K. >> >> ocTagonally >> >> Roger Furneaux, M.G.C.C. T-Register TA/TB/TC Registrar >> >> Martin Johnson wrote: >>> They say there's no such thing as a dumb question. Maybe I should know >> otherwise, but are Heritage certificates available for the TC series? I >>> have them for my Healey and my MG midget. They contain great information >> and are interesting. >> >> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >> >> >> >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >> >> >

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:28 am

David - all US banknotes have a picture of a past president, much the same way that have famous people on them. Washington = $1 Clinton = $3 Lincoln = $5 Hamilton = $10 Jackson = $20 Grant = $50 Franklin = $100
>I was halfway to the bank before I stopped myself to ask "What on earth is
a
>Hamilton?" >> hi Martin - the short answer is NO, 'cos Heritage do not have any factory >> records for T-types! >> >> The factory build sheets are owned by the M.G.C.C. and as the T-Register >> Registrar I have copies. The originals were being used by the club office
to
>> make photocopies for anybody who asked (and paid) but they began to get >> dog-eared so were bound into volumes. >> >> The good news is that I have some good reproductions of the original M.G. >> Car Co. guarantees (or at least the top sheet of same). The TC/TD/TF
sheet
>> is 8" x 13" and is "signed" by George Propert, General Manager post-war. >> The TF g/tee was "signed" by Lord Nuffield but is otherwise very similar
so
>> TF owners actually get a TC sheet. The TA/TB sheet is 9.3" x 15", on
thicker
>> card, and "signed" by Cecil Kimber. >> >> Using an old Imperial typewriter which came from the M.G.C.C. office at >> Abingdon, I type in the Car Number (not the same as the chassis no. in
every
>> case), the Original Engine no. and the production date (the g/tee has a >> space for purchase date, which in nearly every case is unknown). And just >> for the record in case some new folk do not know, all the factory Service >> Dept. records were lost, some say due to a fire, others think they just
went
>> in a skip.... >> >> Now for the good news: you can have one of these spendid full colour >> Guarantee sheets for the grand sum of $10 post paid airmail from England
(or
>> 5 in the U.K. or the equivalent of 6 in any other currency). Just send
a
>> "Hamilton" to me at: >> >> BUDDLE FARM, BROADWOODWIDGER, LIFTON, DEVON, PL16 0JR, U.K. >> >> ocTagonally >> >> Roger Furneaux, M.G.C.C. T-Register TA/TB/TC Registrar >> >> Martin Johnson wrote: >>> They say there's no such thing as a dumb question. Maybe I should know >> otherwise, but are Heritage certificates available for the TC series? I >>> have them for my Healey and my MG midget. They contain great
information
>> and are interesting. >> >> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >> >> >> >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >> >> >
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:31 am

Franklin was not a President, but he was a statesman. I believe the common qualification is they have to be DEAD to be depicted on currency or stamps. Maybe the reason why is that we are a government of laws and not of men? Martin BTW Roger- two dead Presidents headed your way now via airmail! -----Original Message----- From: Roger Furneaux [mailto:roger.46tc@virgin.net] Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 3:07 AM To: David Lodge Cc: .T-ABCs Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] US banknotes decoded David - all US banknotes have a picture of a past president, much the same way that have famous people on them. Washington = $1 Lincoln = $5 Hamilton = $10 Jackson = $20 Grant = $50 Franklin = $100
>I was halfway to the bank before I stopped myself to ask "What on earth is
a
>Hamilton?" >> hi Martin - the short answer is NO, 'cos Heritage do not have any factory >> records for T-types! >> >> The factory build sheets are owned by the M.G.C.C. and as the T-Register >> Registrar I have copies. The originals were being used by the club office
to
>> make photocopies for anybody who asked (and paid) but they began to get >> dog-eared so were bound into volumes. >> >> The good news is that I have some good reproductions of the original M.G. >> Car Co. guarantees (or at least the top sheet of same). The TC/TD/TF
sheet
>> is 8" x 13" and is "signed" by George Propert, General Manager post-war. >> The TF g/tee was "signed" by Lord Nuffield but is otherwise very similar
so
>> TF owners actually get a TC sheet. The TA/TB sheet is 9.3" x 15", on
thicker
>> card, and "signed" by Cecil Kimber. >> >> Using an old Imperial typewriter which came from the M.G.C.C. office at >> Abingdon, I type in the Car Number (not the same as the chassis no. in
every
>> case), the Original Engine no. and the production date (the g/tee has a >> space for purchase date, which in nearly every case is unknown). And just >> for the record in case some new folk do not know, all the factory Service >> Dept. records were lost, some say due to a fire, others think they just
went
>> in a skip.... >> >> Now for the good news: you can have one of these spendid full colour >> Guarantee sheets for the grand sum of $10 post paid airmail from England
(or
>> 5 in the U.K. or the equivalent of 6 in any other currency). Just send
a
>> "Hamilton" to me at: >> >> BUDDLE FARM, BROADWOODWIDGER, LIFTON, DEVON, PL16 0JR, U.K. >> >> ocTagonally >> >> Roger Furneaux, M.G.C.C. T-Register TA/TB/TC Registrar >> >> Martin Johnson wrote: >>> They say there's no such thing as a dumb question. Maybe I should know >> otherwise, but are Heritage certificates available for the TC series? I >>> have them for my Healey and my MG midget. They contain great
information
>> and are interesting. >> >> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >> >> >> >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >> >> >
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Clifford Lockrow

Post by Clifford Lockrow » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:49 pm

Don't believe old Ben Franklin ever sat in the presidents chair either!!!! Roger Furneaux wrote:
> David - all US banknotes have a picture of a past president, much the same > way that have famous people on them. > > Washington = $1 > Lincoln = $5 > Hamilton = $10 > Jackson = $20 > Grant = $50 > Franklin = $100 > > >I was halfway to the bank before I stopped myself to ask "What on earth is a > >Hamilton?" > > >> hi Martin - the short answer is NO, 'cos Heritage do not have any factory > >> records for T-types! > >> > >> The factory build sheets are owned by the M.G.C.C. and as the T-Register > >> Registrar I have copies. The originals were being used by the club office to > >> make photocopies for anybody who asked (and paid) but they began to get > >> dog-eared so were bound into volumes. > >> > >> The good news is that I have some good reproductions of the original M.G. > >> Car Co. guarantees (or at least the top sheet of same). The TC/TD/TF sheet > >> is 8" x 13" and is "signed" by George Propert, General Manager post-war. > >> The TF g/tee was "signed" by Lord Nuffield but is otherwise very similar so > >> TF owners actually get a TC sheet. The TA/TB sheet is 9.3" x 15", on thicker > >> card, and "signed" by Cecil Kimber. > >> > >> Using an old Imperial typewriter which came from the M.G.C.C. office at > >> Abingdon, I type in the Car Number (not the same as the chassis no. in every > >> case), the Original Engine no. and the production date (the g/tee has a > >> space for purchase date, which in nearly every case is unknown). And just > >> for the record in case some new folk do not know, all the factory Service > >> Dept. records were lost, some say due to a fire, others think they just went > >> in a skip.... > >> > >> Now for the good news: you can have one of these spendid full colour > >> Guarantee sheets for the grand sum of $10 post paid airmail from England (or > >> 5 in the U.K. or the equivalent of 6 in any other currency). Just send a > >> "Hamilton" to me at: > >> > >> BUDDLE FARM, BROADWOODWIDGER, LIFTON, DEVON, PL16 0JR, U.K. > >> > >> ocTagonally > >> > >> Roger Furneaux, M.G.C.C. T-Register TA/TB/TC Registrar > >> > >> Martin Johnson wrote: > >>> They say there's no such thing as a dumb question. Maybe I should know > >> otherwise, but are Heritage certificates available for the TC series? I > >>> have them for my Healey and my MG midget. They contain great information > >> and are interesting. > >> > >> > >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >> > >> > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

西尾 隆広

Post by 西尾 隆広 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:11 pm

Who is in $2 banknotes? Hiro
> >David - all US banknotes have a picture of a past president, much the same >way that have famous people on them. > >Washington = $1 >Lincoln = $5 >Hamilton = $10 >Jackson = $20 >Grant = $50 >Franklin = $100

webmaster@consultantbob.com

Post by webmaster@consultantbob.com » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:43 pm

Hiro: The $2. US banknote has a portrait of Jefferson on the front and, on the back is what I feel to be an exceptionally nice portrayal of the men gathered to sign the Declaration of Independence in 1776. Bob Johnson -- '46 TC 1450 Crescent City, California [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Richard Fritz

Post by Richard Fritz » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:06 am

Hiro: Thomas Jefferson is on the front of the two dollar note, and all the signers of the Declaration of Independence are on the back side. Nice timing for our Independence Day, isn't it. Dick Fritz, TC6649
----- Original Message ----- From: Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 8:13 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] US banknotes decoded Who is in $2 banknotes? Hiro > >David - all US banknotes have a picture of a past president, much the same >way that have famous people on them. > >Washington = $1 >Lincoln = $5 >Hamilton = $10 >Jackson = $20 >Grant = $50 >Franklin = $100 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]