RED LINE WATER WETTER

John Patterson

RED LINE WATER WETTER

Post by John Patterson » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:51 am

Hi Group- I bought a bottle of Red Lines water wetter. Can I just pour it in the TC radiator and if so how much? I have no idea what the capacity of the system is. I have a 50/50 mix in the system since I live up north where it gets very cold. John Patterson TC7025 Duct tape is like the "FORCE", a light side, a dark side and holds the universe together!

yd3@nvc.net

Re: RED LINE WATER WETTER

Post by yd3@nvc.net » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:31 am

John: <<>> Can I just pour it in the TC radiator and if so how much? I have no idea what the capacity of the system is. <<>> A reprint of the factory information lists it as 1 3/4 Imperial gallons. Should be the same as the TD which is 12.3 US pints according to the factory Workshop Manual. Use what ever the directions say. If the can says its good for a four gallon system, use half. That's what I did for another brand. <<>> I have a 50/50 mix in the system since I live up north where it gets very cold. <<>> Too much unless you actually plan on driving it when the temperature goes below zero F. A 30% solution will protect against freezing (actually slushing) down to zero F. Below zero, the coolant doesn't freeze solid but becomes so slushy that the pump can't circulate the coolant. Thus a 30% solution is enough for any T series car, except those that drive their cars when the temps below zero. I have when it was my only transportion and I was a hot blooded young man, but not any more. Blake

yd3@nvc.net

Post by yd3@nvc.net » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:40 am

John: P.S. A 30% solution actually transferes heat better than a 50% solution even though a 50% solution has a higher boiling point. Blake

FDShade@aol.com

Post by FDShade@aol.com » Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:34 pm

Concerning the cooling system capacity. The brown book shows 1 3/4 Imperial gallons. If my math is correct* the the US equivalent would be approximately 2.1 gallons, or about 8 1/2 pints US. *but I am no mathematician Jim Shade, West Covina CA (retired cop) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Donald Wilkinson

Post by Donald Wilkinson » Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:34 pm

Imperial quarts are 40 oz. (1 liter). Hence 7 quarts (40 oz.)= 280 oz. 280/16 = 17 1/2 US pints sez my slide rule. Lets get Badger to make this calculation. Don TC 7993
>From: FDShade@aol.com >To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] RED LINE WATER WETTER >Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:34:24 EDT > >Concerning the cooling system capacity. > >The brown book shows 1 3/4 Imperial gallons. If my math is correct* the >the US equivalent would be approximately 2.1 gallons, or about 8 1/2 pints >US. > >*but I am no mathematician > >Jim Shade, West Covina CA (retired cop) > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
_________________________________________________________________ Join the world s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com

cameron@magma.ca

Post by cameron@magma.ca » Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:51 am

>Imperial quarts are 40 oz. (1 liter). Hence 7 quarts (40 oz.)= 280 oz. >280/16 = 17 1/2 US pints sez my slide rule. Lets get Badger to make this >calculation. > >Don >TC 7993 >
Close, but not quite right since U.S. and Imperial ounces are different. And Badger's calculation will be in error if it doesn't account for the rock in his rad. David Cameron

Badger

Post by Badger » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:01 am

1). Open the tap under the radiator and count slowly to ten. Close the tap. 2). Top off the radiator with whatever this stuff is if you really want to. 3). Having finished with that, let's move forward to something truly important like say, the color of the fan blade or something. Badger
> >Imperial quarts are 40 oz. (1 liter). Hence 7 quarts (40 oz.)= 280 oz. > >280/16 = 17 1/2 US pints sez my slide rule. Lets get Badger to make
this
> >calculation. > > > >Don > >TC 7993 > > > > Close, but not quite right since U.S. and Imperial ounces are different. > > And Badger's calculation will be in error if it doesn't account for the
rock
> in his rad. > > David Cameron > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

John Patterson

Post by John Patterson » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:28 am

Amen Badger. My fan blades are painted red Duct tape is like the "FORCE", a light side, a dark side and holds the universe together!

David Lodge

Post by David Lodge » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:18 am

John, le Badgeur, et al., Anyone have a code whereby we can coceal our musings from the originality police? Because.............. my fan blades are chromium plated!!!!! (Gasps of horror off-stage!) Regards, David lodge.
> Amen Badger. My fan blades are painted red > > Duct tape is like the "FORCE", a light side, a dark side and holds the > universe together! > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Badger

Post by Badger » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:45 am

That would be le Blaireau. No doubt those mirror surface fan blades reduce air-flow friction to a minimum thereby increasing horse power by approximately 1/10000000000000000 of a percent. The relevant question then becomes, is the power increase more than offset by the increased weight of the chomium plate material? Blaireau
> John, le Badgeur, et al., > Anyone have a code whereby we can coceal our musings from the originality > police? > Because.............. my fan blades are chromium plated!!!!! (Gasps of > horror off-stage!) > Regards, David lodge.