AW: [mg-tabc] Digest Number 734

wolfgang.thaller@avl.com

AW: [mg-tabc] Digest Number 734

Post by wolfgang.thaller@avl.com » Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:56 am

Hi friends from the even landscape, In Austria we have a lot of mountains and roads higher than 7500 ft (2500 meters) and therefore it could be a problem to climb this roads with your old cars. In summer 2000 I drove my TC over the Gro glockner Hochalpenstra e (the highest point was 2575m - approx. 7725 ft) and had big troubles to do that. The engine power was decreasing and there was a big traffic jam on the road and we had very often to stop the car and go away from the rampant road. On the last passage my cousin Patrick had to jump out of the TC and push the car. In case of the very thin air the engine couldn t produce the sufficient power to bring us over the hill. So far from the country site in Austria where we are using this strange unit METER :-) Good luck for your trips in Colorado, Alaska, Switzerland and anywhere, where you are confronted with high mountain roads. Of course we managed the situation and have been very proud about our TC ! Best wishes from Austria Wolfgang / Tom Charly 4170 (the best car which was ever build)
> ---------- > Von: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com[SMTP:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] > Antwort an: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2002 15:28 > An: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com > Betreff: [mg-tabc] Digest Number 734 > > There are 15 messages in this issue. > > Topics in this digest: > > 1. What happened > From: "Bill Traill" bill@clovermachine.com> > 2. Re: Electronic Fuel Pump > From: MGVADICK@aol.com > 3. Re: Digest Number 733 Elec Fuel pumps. > From: "Benson" Carole_Ron@benson30.fsnet.co.uk> > 4. SU needles for high altitude > From: "Peter Pleitner" pleitner@dundee.net> > 5. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: Skip Kelsey kelsey@shadetreemotors.com> > 6. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: "Austin R. Baer" lazybear@alum.mit.edu> > 7. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: "Murray Arundell" arundell@ecn.net.au> > 8. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: Skip Kelsey kelsey@shadetreemotors.com> > 9. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: "Ray" spook01@home.com> > 10. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: "Ed & Kris Curtis" curtis@novagate.com> > 11. Re: T types and trailers > From: Chip Hellie chiphelli@yahoo.com> > 12. Re: What happened > From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au> > 13. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: "BADGER" mrbadger@cox.net> > 14. Re: SU needles for high altitude > From: "Jeff & Merryl Redman" redcigar@ozemail.com.au> > 15. TB's again, and Roger > From: "Ray" spook01@home.com> > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 1 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:12:37 -0800 > From: "Bill Traill" bill@clovermachine.com> > Subject: What happened > > Does anyone know what happened to Roger Millington's MG TC > Register of Victoria (Australia) web site. I note it had not been > updated for a very long time and then disappeared a few months > ago. > > The old address is: > http://people.enternet.com.au/~rmillington/index.html > > Bill Traill > DCO: > TC 5221 > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 2 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:39:56 EST > From: MGVADICK@aol.com > Subject: Re: Electronic Fuel Pump > > Burlen in the UK offers a kit for converting the original SU pump to > electronic. It looks normal as the mod all fits under the orig. cover. > Dick > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 3 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:03:27 -0000 > From: "Benson" Carole_Ron@benson30.fsnet.co.uk> > Subject: Re: Digest Number 733 Elec Fuel pumps. > > Hi All. > Regarding Rob Greaves enquiry about SU electronic pumps if no > joy > in US Burlen Fuel Services in the UK will sell you the complete pump or > the > kit to convert to solid state. > > Regards, > Ron Benson TB > > PS Is Badger,s car now fitted with a Howdah? > >________________________________________________________________________ > > > >> > > want > > to carry a reliable spare pump when my TC is complete. >> > > > > If you are in the USA, I believe Skip Kelsey has these in stock. > > www.shadetreemotors.com > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > > ________________________________________________________________________ > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 4 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:07:45 -0500 > From: "Peter Pleitner" pleitner@dundee.net> > Subject: SU needles for high altitude > > Hi Whitworth Heads, > > For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for operation at > two > to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > Cheers, Peter > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 5 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:17:17 -0800 > From: Skip Kelsey kelsey@shadetreemotors.com> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > Peter: > > If you just leave the stock ES needles in for the trip, you will have no > trouble. You will just have to lean the jets a bit when you get up to > about > 5000 ft. (What are meters)'!!!!!!!??? > > Cheers: > > Skip.........Trust me ! I have been there and done that. > > > At 04:07 PM 2/13/02 -0500, Peter Pleitner wrote: > >Hi Whitworth Heads, > > > >For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for operation at > two > >to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > > >No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > > >Cheers, Peter > > > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 6 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:31:42 -0700 > From: "Austin R. Baer" lazybear@alum.mit.edu> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > If I can get to Durango (75 miles but 2-1/2 hours) I'll be dropping from > 7200 ft. I've never changed the needles (I keep dreaming about living in > Florida), so not to worry, Peter. > > Austin > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Skip Kelsey > To: Peter Pleitner ; T-ABCs List > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 5:17 PM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > Peter: > > If you just leave the stock ES needles in for the trip, you will have no > > trouble. You will just have to lean the jets a bit when you get up to > about > 5000 ft. (What are meters)'!!!!!!!??? > > Cheers: > > Skip.........Trust me ! I have been there and done that. > > > At 04:07 PM 2/13/02 -0500, Peter Pleitner wrote: > >Hi Whitworth Heads, > > > >For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for operation > at two > >to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > > >No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > > >Cheers, Peter > > > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > [This message contained attachments] > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 7 > Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:14:16 +1000 > From: "Murray Arundell" arundell@ecn.net.au> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > What are meters? A little over three feet. I can't believe you guys don't > know this? > > Murray > Surprised in Oz :-) > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Skip Kelsey > To: Peter Pleitner ; T-ABCs List > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 5:17 PM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > Peter: > > If you just leave the stock ES needles in for the trip, you will have > no > trouble. You will just have to lean the jets a bit when you get up to > about > 5000 ft. (What are meters)'!!!!!!!??? > > Cheers: > > Skip.........Trust me ! I have been there and done that. > > > At 04:07 PM 2/13/02 -0500, Peter Pleitner wrote: > >Hi Whitworth Heads, > > > >For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for operation > at two > >to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > > >No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > > >Cheers, Peter > > > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > [This message contained attachments] > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 8 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:33:07 -0800 > From: Skip Kelsey kelsey@shadetreemotors.com> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > > > [This message is not in displayable format] > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 9 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:55:48 -0600 > From: "Ray" spook01@home.com> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > Skip, Everyone knows a meter is something with which to measure > volts........another French concoction....;-) > Best Regards, > Ray > "Remember- It's the collision with the planet that counts!" > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Skip Kelsey" kelsey@shadetreemotors.com> > To: "Murray Arundell" arundell@ecn.net.au>; "T-ABCs List" > mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 7:33 PM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > > Murray; > > > > You have been had!! > > > > That was just a little bit of levity. As you know, we here in the > Colonies > dont use metric for the most part. In my case , after using and being > taught > feet,inches, lbs. etc. It is very hard to re-learn after almost 70 years. > > Any way, I am glad that I did catch somebody. > > > > Cheers: > > > > SKip...............................................................At > 11:14 AM 2/14/02 +1000, Murray Arundell wrote: > > > > What are meters? A little over three feet. I can't believe you guys > don't know this? > > > > Murray > > Surprised in Oz :-) > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: Skip Kelsey > > To: Peter Pleitner ; T-ABCs List > > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 5:17 PM > > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > > > > Peter: > > > > > > If you just leave the stock ES needles in for the trip, you will > have > no > > trouble. You will just have to lean the jets a bit when you get up > to > about > > 5000 ft. (What are meters)'!!!!!!!??? > > > > > > Cheers: > > > > > > Skip.........Trust me ! I have been there and done that. > > > > > > > > > > At 04:07 PM 2/13/02 -0500, Peter Pleitner wrote: > > >Hi Whitworth Heads, > > > > > >For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for > operation > at two > > >to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > > > > >No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > > > > >Cheers, Peter > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 10 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:33:49 -0500 > From: "Ed & Kris Curtis" curtis@novagate.com> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > We know what meters are here in the USA. We have had Speedo meters and > Tacho meters on our cars for many years. > > Ed Curtis > curtis@novagate.com > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Murray Arundell > To: T-ABCs List ; Skip Kelsey > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 8:14 PM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > What are meters? A little over three feet. I can't believe you guys > don't know this? > > Murray > Surprised in Oz :-) > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Skip Kelsey > To: Peter Pleitner ; T-ABCs List > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 5:17 PM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > Peter: > > If you just leave the stock ES needles in for the trip, you will > have no > trouble. You will just have to lean the jets a bit when you get up > to about > 5000 ft. (What are meters)'!!!!!!!??? > > Cheers: > > Skip.........Trust me ! I have been there and done that. > > > At 04:07 PM 2/13/02 -0500, Peter Pleitner wrote: > >Hi Whitworth Heads, > > > >For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for > operation at two > >to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > > >No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > > >Cheers, Peter > > > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > [This message contained attachments] > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 11 > Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:22:45 -0800 (PST) > From: Chip Hellie chiphelli@yahoo.com> > Subject: Re: T types and trailers > > Clive - I recently was offered a cycle wing Connaught > from a friend. It is here stateside, are you feeling > nostalgic? > Chip Hellie > Member #450 > > --- C Sherriff 100070.740@compuserve.com> wrote: > > Message text written by "Brian Rainbow" > > >Joe, > > Roger Furneaux regularly tows a trailer > > behind his TC, carrying T > > type spares upto to Silverstone or Beaulieu. Maybe > > Roger, you would like to > > comment on your experiences with a trailer behind a > > TC! > > Happy days, Brian Rainbow TA2551 > ============================================ > > > > Hi All > > > > Ive towed various odd things behind odd stuff - > > (Used to tow a > > 50s GP car to Silverstone behind a cycle winged > > Connaught > > Sports car in my madder (saner?) days.) > > > > The only thing to keep in mind is that the trailer > > has to stay > > behind the tow car!!! > > > > Clive > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! Greetings! > http://greetings.yahoo.com > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 12 > Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:20:42 +1100 > From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au> > Subject: Re: What happened > > Whatever else has happened to the site, it won't be on Enternet.com > anymore. > > Enternet has merged with another ISP and no longer services non-corporate > customers. The rest of us were politely advised that our service would no > longer be available. > > Regards > > Dave Dwyer > J2, TA, TC > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 13 > Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:30:54 -0500 > From: "BADGER" mrbadger@cox.net> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > You've got your meters and you've got your vegetarians. > Me? I'm a meter. > > > [This message contained attachments] > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 14 > Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:31:26 +1100 > From: "Jeff & Merryl Redman" redcigar@ozemail.com.au> > Subject: Re: SU needles for high altitude > > G'day Skip > > Far as I can tell M-E-T-E-R-S are things used to measure household gas > consumption. > Perhaps you're confusing things with METRES... which are continental > bizzos > just a bit longer than a yard. > > Yours Imperially > Jeff > TA2828 > TC3306 > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Skip Kelsey" kelsey@shadetreemotors.com> > To: "Peter Pleitner" pleitner@dundee.net>; "T-ABCs List" > mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:17 AM > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] SU needles for high altitude > > > > Peter: > > > > If you just leave the stock ES needles in for the trip, you will have no > > trouble. You will just have to lean the jets a bit when you get up to > about > > 5000 ft. (What are meters)'!!!!!!!??? > > > > Cheers: > > > > Skip.........Trust me ! I have been there and done that. > > > > > > At 04:07 PM 2/13/02 -0500, Peter Pleitner wrote: > > >Hi Whitworth Heads, > > > > > >For my stock XPAG engine, what needles should I install for operation > at > two > > >to three thousand meters altitude? Any idea who carries them? > > > > > >No, not attaching wings, going to GoF West, in Colorado that is ;-) > > > > > >Cheers, Peter > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > Message: 15 > Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:45:06 -0600 > From: "Ray" spook01@home.com> > Subject: TB's again, and Roger > > Hello all, > First let me apologize to all of you for another thousand ship raid on the > net, but I don't have Roger Furneaux's address except through the MG net > site. > > Roger, I have been told that you may be in a position to answer -or at > least > point me to someone who may answer-my questions regarding the TB's. > Please reply offline if you like. > Best Regards, > Ray > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > ________________________________________________________________________ > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >