Luggage rack

sculptart@aol.com

Luggage rack

Post by sculptart@aol.com » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:08 am

Art, I found a luggage rack that is made to fit my Jeep Wrangler works very well on my TC. The unit is designed to fit over the spare tire and is constructed of 1" tubular aluminum. No drilling is needed. There is a large folded area and I use a large wicker basket to fit on top of the this. The whole setup does not protrude above the top of the spare tire, and by using the wicker basket and a couple of leather straps it also looks very "English." If you, or anyone else, is interested, I will get the ordering information and post it. Ben Cordsen, TC 4260

sculptart@aol.com

luggage rack

Post by sculptart@aol.com » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:07 pm

To all, Many, many requests for the low luggage rack I use on my TC. The rack slips over the spare tire and is originally made for a Jeep Wrangler, same use. Use this link directly to the supplier, "Quadratec." Click here: PRODUCT PAGE: 92032 00 - SPARE TIRE CARGO RACK 800CR The wicker basket is supplied by "Peregrine Automotive." Click here: Peregrine Automotive Baskets Both of these sites show photos of the products, prices and order information. I have used my rack and basket for two seasons now and am very pleased with the setup. The only thing extra to do is to stabilize the lower end of the rack to the frame ends using leather or nylon straps. My best to everyone, and my apology for not answering everyone individually...I am being lazy today! Ben Cordsen

sculptart@aol.com

luggage rack

Post by sculptart@aol.com » Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:48 am

Badger, Is ther a car under all of that? A real "Grapes of Wrath" concept...but it works, right? I still like my luggage rack. Lots of room for spares you know... PS. have any more neat e-Bay stuff? My best, Ben

Jack Norton

Luggage Rack

Post by Jack Norton » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:43 am

Does anyone know of a manfactuerer of TD luggage racks other than Moss. Someone mentioned a company named Novis?, cannot find it on the net. Any others? Thanks Jack Norton [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

TMcNam4510@aol.com

Luggage Rack

Post by TMcNam4510@aol.com » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:57 am

Does anyone know of the source for the Australian luggage rack pictured on the Yahoo site? It is a low mount, fold up unit that would still permit rear vision. As an alternate, has anyone seen plans for a PVC version that can be "home-made"? Thanks, Tom, TC 2850 in sunny upstate NY. ************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Graham Hore

Luggage Rack

Post by Graham Hore » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Hello Tom, I bought mine from Rod Hiley at MG City, in Brisbane Australia, after advice from Murray Arundel and Terry & Linda-May O'Brien who gave me his name. His web address is: http:// www.mgcity.com.au/ and his email address is -- abingdon@mgcity.com.au Regards Graham [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Dr. Peter Zernial

Luggage rack

Post by Dr. Peter Zernial » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi all, not too long ago there was a thread about foldable luggage rack. I remember somebody from down under had a very nice tracing for this. Does anybody have the construction plans? Thanks Peter TC 1514 Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Garth

Luggage rack

Post by Garth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi T people, I purchased a luggage rack for my TC on ebay that is in perfect shape, but the only problem is the pedestal that hinges to the fuel tank straps were missing. Does anyone have a set laying around or know of any such parts for sale? Thanks.....

Willbowden@aol.com

Re: Luggage rack

Post by Willbowden@aol.com » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:36 am

If you are talking about the brackets, from the tank strap nuts to the flange on the "front", tank side, I made mine from stainless, drilled and bent for the offset. mine angle about 30 degrees, but you could make an "L" shape design. Good luck Will In a message dated 4/19/2012 3:15:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, garthp.nj@gmail.com writes: Hi T people, I purchased a luggage rack for my TC on ebay that is in perfect shape, but the only problem is the pedestal that hinges to the fuel tank straps were missing. Does anyone have a set laying around or know of any such parts for sale? Thanks..... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Graham Walker

Luggage rack

Post by Graham Walker » Tue May 17, 2016 4:15 am

[img]cid:799A0808-2BF6-44D6-B534-07A36AED706D@home[/img]
Hi Norman,
I have a very strong and practical rack, made locally, to a drawing supplied by `Mike Sherrell.
You can see his on page 235 of "TCs Forever .
Get in touch if you want further details.
Graham