side curtains

Mark McCombs

side curtains

Post by Mark McCombs » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:56 am

All this talk made me curious about what I have with my EXU project. They have the chrome and small nuts. In fact, I must have one spare, as I have 5.
If anyone is putting together a set of curtains, let me know. I have to see which spare I have (front/rear/side...)
Regards,
Mark TC8126
Ohio

Jim and Shirley Mink

side curtains

Post by Jim and Shirley Mink » Tue May 11, 2004 9:16 am

Help! Does anyone know what the clear material in the side curtains is called? I am trying to finish mine and no one locally seems to know what it is. The local boat cover people etc all use a vinyl product that is very flexible and not nearly as thick as my old ones. They claim I need some very thin lucite! I am sure that this is bad advice. Jim [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Steve S

Side Curtains

Post by Steve S » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:27 am

Someone recently told me that many people never use side curtains on their TC even in the rain. If this is true, do people just let the interior get wet or is there a trick to it? - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA -

SANDY SANDERS

Re: Side Curtains

Post by SANDY SANDERS » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:33 am

take a bar of soap and dry towels and enjoy nature at it's best.
----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Swebsim@pacbell.net> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 12:27 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Side Curtains Someone recently told me that many people never use side curtains on their TC even in the rain. If this is true, do people just let the interior get wet or is there a trick to it? - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA - Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Dave Osborn

Post by Dave Osborn » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:46 am

Many T series have the little side wing windows clipped on to the windshield. With these pushed out slightly, the rain is deflected nicely at speed. Dave Osborn TD 6551 TC 10217 -----Original Message----- From: SANDY SANDERS [mailto:esane@msn.com] Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 12:32 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com; Steve S Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Side Curtains take a bar of soap and dry towels and enjoy nature at it's best.
----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Swebsim@pacbell.net> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.commg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 12:27 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Side Curtains Someone recently told me that many people never use side curtains on their TC even in the rain. If this is true, do people just let the interior get wet or is there a trick to it? - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA - Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Terry Sanders

Post by Terry Sanders » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:33 am

Steve, take a look at this web site: http://www.omgtr.ca/technical/Tonneau_Cover/Tonneau.htm Steve S websim@pacbell.net> wrote:Someone recently told me that many people never use side curtains on their TC even in the rain. If this is true, do people just let the interior get wet or is there a trick to it? - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA - Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

joecurto@aol.com

Post by joecurto@aol.com » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:53 pm

Steve while I cannot speak for the TC guys but when I used my TD as a daily driver here in the East 30 years ago I never used the drivers curtain winter or summer or in the rain (top was down in "shine") the visibility was terrible and the curtain got in your way. Lots of guys use Rain-ex on the windscreen and I always kept a towel handy. Joe [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Ron Simon

side curtains

Post by Ron Simon » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:44 pm

Steve, The only times we used our side curtains was on the two GRAB trips to England and the GRANE trip to NEW England. Even then in pouring rain I couldn't drive with all curtains in place. The TC became a sauna and I had to take out the drivers curtain to be able to see out. However, I had to put it back in when we parked the car to protect the interior from rain. Since we made those trips, I can't remember using them here in California. That includes driving in rain top down,(As long as we kept moving),or top up with no curtains. Ron Simon __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com

1939mgtb

Post by 1939mgtb » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:15 pm

We just drive naked. Best, Ray "Spes mea in Deo est"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve S" websim@pacbell.net> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:27 AM Subject: [mg-tabc] Side Curtains > Someone recently told me that many people never use side curtains on > their TC even in the rain. If this is true, do people just let the > interior get wet or is there a trick to it? > > - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA - > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

Peter Roberts

Post by Peter Roberts » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:22 pm

Yes, naked is best. Nude gets you arrested. _Peter
----- Original Message ----- From: "1939mgtb" 1939mgtb@comcast.net> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; "Steve S" websim@pacbell.net> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 9:15 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Side Curtains > We just drive naked. > Best, > Ray > "Spes mea in Deo est" > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Steve S" websim@pacbell.net> > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:27 AM > Subject: [mg-tabc] Side Curtains > > >> Someone recently told me that many people never use side curtains on >> their TC even in the rain. If this is true, do people just let the >> interior get wet or is there a trick to it? >> >> - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA - >> >> >> >> >> >> Yahoo! Groups Links >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >