Info desired TB ENGINE COLOUR

C Sherriff

Info desired TB ENGINE COLOUR

Post by C Sherriff » Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:36 am

Message text written by INTERNET:taterry@aol.com
>I would like to know what color TB engines should be painted. I know
early TC engines were not MG red, but I don't know what color proper TB engines ought to be.

VSavelli@aol.com

Re: Info desired TB ENGINE COLOUR

Post by VSavelli@aol.com » Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:46 am

Prior to painting my TB engine I attempted to research the correct engine color. Strong opinions defend both colors - black or dark red. My conclusion was that it likely was both colors. In the pre-war environment, whatever paint happened to be close at hand or in greater supply may have been used. Barry Walker adamantly insists that no TB engine was ever black. I have heard reference to an article commenting on a black engine and don't dispute its validity. John Bulcken has researched it more than I have - John, what have you decided? I ultimately painted my engine red.

John G. Bulcken IV

Fw: [mg-tabc] Info desired TB ENGINE COLOUR

Post by John G. Bulcken IV » Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:04 am

----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net [b]To:[/b] VSavelli@aol.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, January 09, 2002 1:03 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Info desired TB ENGINE COLOUR Vic and all, I too am farmiliar with that article which mentions the black engine. Another fellow list member Clive Sheriff has seen several TA engines which were also black. I have seen TB's with replacement engines painted black, yet I have only ever seen original ones in maroon. The B&W factory pictures of TB engines with regard to value or tone do not look black IMHO. We are all capable of providing misiformation but I also think Mr.Walker has seen many TB's and unrestored ones at that...so I will agree with him on THIS point. Cheers, John TB#0398 ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] VSavelli@aol.com [b]To:[/b] 100070.740@compuserve.com ; tlange@acadia.net [b]Cc:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, January 09, 2002 12:46 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Info desired TB ENGINE COLOUR Prior to painting my TB engine I attempted to research the correct engine color. Strong opinions defend both colors - black or dark red. My conclusion was that it likely was both colors. In the pre-war environment, whatever paint happened to be close at hand or in greater supply may have been used. Barry Walker adamantly insists that no TB engine was ever black. I have heard reference to an article commenting on a black engine and don't dispute its validity. John Bulcken has researched it more than I have - John, what have you decided? I ultimately painted my engine red. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.