Parts

Shirley Mink

Parts

Post by Shirley Mink » Wed Sep 26, 2001 6:38 pm

I also have some TC parts I wish to sell. Among the rest are six (6) original type brake drums. Contact me off line if interested. Jim TC 8970

the_wizard_o_cheese

Parts

Post by the_wizard_o_cheese » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:33 pm

I've been cleaning out the garage of some old parts that I'll never use. If anyone thinks they need any of these let me know. Doug tc49@aol.com two sets of rear springs two sets of front springs double spare tire mount 1 J-2 rear differential 1 J-2 sterring wheel 2 tc steering wheels, the old black ones 1 tc steering wheel mounting hub (alluminium) Maybe someone can find a use

Jim and Shirley Mink

Re: parts

Post by Jim and Shirley Mink » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:20 pm

Don't forget a half shaft. Jim

Sally Carroll

Parts

Post by Sally Carroll » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:31 am

Sorry to here about the parts supply troubles. It is not new news. . Jim tried to enlist the local British Consulate in helping him make contact with suppliers in the UK. Before internet of course. His idea was to have parts available on shorter notice. .than had been the practice. The cars were being sold rapidly but the parts supply for spares was not adequate. At the time he was a service manager/parts manager. Care to guess when this happened. . . It was before Moss. . in the mid 50's. Our resources were small but our intent large. Jim was brushed off as a dreamer. . "It'll never work because the people here, don't buy enough to make it worthwhile." Yeah Right .. . Sally My barn and Garage hold only a few less parts then did his parts department then. ---------- My scanner says No virus has been found in this outgoing message. I try to update frequently. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.3/374 - Release Date: 6/23/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Terry Locke

Re: Parts

Post by Terry Locke » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:52 am

Come on, guys - enough of this crap. I joined this group for useful information exchange - a band of brothers (and sisters), united in their affection for a magnificent marque - not bitching! I can understand the genuine concerns over poor service performance, but do lay off the demographic/geographic generalisations. (I did not even raise a smile when Billy Connolly made that disgraceful observation that if ever the world needs an enema, it had to go into Brisbane!). But I'm sorry, chaps, enough of the slanging match, let's get back to USEFUL information - name the companies that fail, by all means - but you own, cherish, and promulgate your love for a truly British car. Terry Locke TC3594 _____ From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sally Carroll Sent: 26 June 2006 18:21 To: Murray Arundell Cc: Group T ABC's Subject: [mg-tabc] Parts Sorry to here about the parts supply troubles. It is not new news. . Jim tried to enlist the local British Consulate in helping him make contact with suppliers in the UK. Before internet of course. His idea was to have parts available on shorter notice. .than had been the practice. The cars were being sold rapidly but the parts supply for spares was not adequate. At the time he was a service manager/parts manager. Care to guess when this happened. . . It was before Moss. . in the mid 50's. Our resources were small but our intent large. Jim was brushed off as a dreamer. . "It'll never work because the people here, don't buy enough to make it worthwhile." Yeah Right .. . Sally My barn and Garage hold only a few less parts then did his parts department then. ---------- My scanner says No virus has been found in this outgoing message. I try to update frequently. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.3/374 - Release Date: 6/23/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Tweed

Post by Tweed » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:44 pm

Well said Terry, I wish I could have put it so politely. Everybody knows that Britain is the arsehole of the world but give us a break aye lads, we have to live here. You happen to have a soft spot for a little piece of British motoring history but if the rest of history gets up your nose that much get shot of them......and we`re supposed to be the whingers..................you don`t fool me, it`s because we won the Ashes ain`t it.....and the rugby World Cup. Tweed TC 2259 Cambridge UK Terry Locke terrylocke@btinternet.com> wrote: Come on, guys - enough of this crap. I joined this group for useful information exchange - a band of brothers (and sisters), united in their affection for a magnificent marque - not bitching! I can understand the genuine concerns over poor service performance, but do lay off the demographic/geographic generalisations. (I did not even raise a smile when Billy Connolly made that disgraceful observation that if ever the world needs an enema, it had to go into Brisbane!). But I'm sorry, chaps, enough of the slanging match, let's get back to USEFUL information - name the companies that fail, by all means - but you own, cherish, and promulgate your love for a truly British car. Terry Locke TC3594 _____ From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sally Carroll Sent: 26 June 2006 18:21 To: Murray Arundell Cc: Group T ABC's Subject: [mg-tabc] Parts Sorry to here about the parts supply troubles. It is not new news. . Jim tried to enlist the local British Consulate in helping him make contact with suppliers in the UK. Before internet of course. His idea was to have parts available on shorter notice. .than had been the practice. The cars were being sold rapidly but the parts supply for spares was not adequate. At the time he was a service manager/parts manager. Care to guess when this happened. . . It was before Moss. . in the mid 50's. Our resources were small but our intent large. Jim was brushed off as a dreamer. . "It'll never work because the people here, don't buy enough to make it worthwhile." Yeah Right .. . Sally My barn and Garage hold only a few less parts then did his parts department then. ---------- My scanner says No virus has been found in this outgoing message. I try to update frequently. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.3/374 - Release Date: 6/23/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] --------------------------------- Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

murray arundell

Post by murray arundell » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Terry, I'm sorry mate but I think you've missed the point. My complaint is genuine and the service is lousy. Its hardly my fault if the lousy service I am getting is all coming from outfits in the one country. The whole problem is that for years many UK business have operated in the belief that they can get away with lousy service. Why else would outfits like Moss in the US be so successful? I can send Moss USA an e-mail and have a reply the next day. Yet I am still waiting for relpies to e-mails and faxes from three UK very well known UK outfits. I have no beef with the UK or the Brits. For goodness sake I visit the place twice a year so I can hardly be accused of being xenophobic towards the British. The point of my post was to see if there were any others out there with the same degree of frustration with UK suppliers as I. From the off-list replies I now know that I am one of a large band of people with the same expiriences. As for Mr Connolly's observations about Brisbane one could only concur given that the remark was made some 25 years ago. But then one could also say that is the World needs to give an Enima, then perhaps no one other than Billy Connolly is in more need of one.......... If its a crime for me to complain about lousy service then tough. If it upsets your nationalistic pride then thats a pity, but I've always subscribed to the theory that the mark of a country's maturity is the ability of its people to accept that just maybe its not perfect! Murray Arundell Brisbane Australia _____ From: Terry Locke [mailto:terrylocke@btinternet.com] Sent: Tuesday, 27 June 2006 3:52 am To: 'Group T ABC's' Cc: 'Sally Carroll'; arundell@ghs.com.au Subject: RE: [mg-tabc] Parts Come on, guys - enough of this crap. I joined this group for useful information exchange - a band of brothers (and sisters), united in their affection for a magnificent marque - not bitching! I can understand the genuine concerns over poor service performance, but do lay off the demographic/geographic generalisations. (I did not even raise a smile when Billy Connolly made that disgraceful observation that if ever the world needs an enema, it had to go into Brisbane!). But I'm sorry, chaps, enough of the slanging match, let's get back to USEFUL information - name the companies that fail, by all means - but you own, cherish, and promulgate your love for a truly British car. Terry Locke TC3594 _____ From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sally Carroll Sent: 26 June 2006 18:21 To: Murray Arundell Cc: Group T ABC's Subject: [mg-tabc] Parts Sorry to here about the parts supply troubles. It is not new news. . Jim tried to enlist the local British Consulate in helping him make contact with suppliers in the UK. Before internet of course. His idea was to have parts available on shorter notice. .than had been the practice. The cars were being sold rapidly but the parts supply for spares was not adequate. At the time he was a service manager/parts manager. Care to guess when this happened. . . It was before Moss. . in the mid 50's. Our resources were small but our intent large. Jim was brushed off as a dreamer. . "It'll never work because the people here, don't buy enough to make it worthwhile." Yeah Right .. . Sally My barn and Garage hold only a few less parts then did his parts department then. ---------- My scanner says No virus has been found in this outgoing message. I try to update frequently. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.3/374 - Release Date: 6/23/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

murray arundell

Post by murray arundell » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:14 pm

Tweed, Well you blokes had your chance but you blew it 1900 when you told us to nick off! So we did, and every day we thank you for it......... :-) * you don`t fool me, it`s because we won the Ashes ain`t it.....and the rugby World Cup. Mate, this is my point entirely.... You're still living in the past!! We've just flogged you in two Rugby Test and Ricky Ponting and the boys have really enjoyed watching your lads discomfort against the Sri Lankans :-) I suspect the Balmy Army is in for an uncomfortable Southern Hemisphere Summer.......... LOL Good Luck in the round ball game it would be nice to see the cup go back to Blighty for a change. Murray Arundell Brisbane Aus _____ From: Tweed [mailto:lizandtweed@yahoo.co.uk] Sent: Tuesday, 27 June 2006 7:44 am To: Terry Locke; 'Group T ABC's' Cc: 'Sally Carroll'; arundell@ghs.com.au Subject: RE: [mg-tabc] Parts Well said Terry, I wish I could have put it so politely. Everybody knows that Britain is the arsehole of the world but give us a break aye lads, we have to live here. You happen to have a soft spot for a little piece of British motoring history but if the rest of history gets up your nose that much get shot of them......and we`re supposed to be the whingers..................you don`t fool me, it`s because we won the Ashes ain`t it.....and the rugby World Cup. Tweed TC 2259 Cambridge UK Terry Locke terrylocke@btinternet.com> wrote: Come on, guys - enough of this crap. I joined this group for useful information exchange - a band of brothers (and sisters), united in their affection for a magnificent marque - not bitching! I can understand the genuine concerns over poor service performance, but do lay off the demographic/geographic generalisations. (I did not even raise a smile when Billy Connolly made that disgraceful observation that if ever the world needs an enema, it had to go into Brisbane!). But I'm sorry, chaps, enough of the slanging match, let's get back to USEFUL information - name the companies that fail, by all means - but you own, cherish, and promulgate your love for a truly British car. Terry Locke TC3594 _____ From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups .com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Sally Carroll Sent: 26 June 2006 18:21 To: Murray Arundell Cc: Group T ABC's Subject: [mg-tabc] Parts Sorry to here about the parts supply troubles. It is not new news. . Jim tried to enlist the local British Consulate in helping him make contact with suppliers in the UK. Before internet of course. His idea was to have parts available on shorter notice. .than had been the practice. The cars were being sold rapidly but the parts supply for spares was not adequate. At the time he was a service manager/parts manager. Care to guess when this happened. . . It was before Moss. . in the mid 50's. Our resources were small but our intent large. Jim was brushed off as a dreamer. . "It'll never work because the people here, don't buy enough to make it worthwhile." Yeah Right .. . Sally My barn and Garage hold only a few less parts then did his parts department then. ---------- My scanner says No virus has been found in this outgoing message. I try to update frequently. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.3/374 - Release Date: 6/23/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] _____ Now you can scan http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/nowyoucan/reading_pane/*htt p://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40565/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html> emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/nowyoucan/reading_pane/*htt p://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40565/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html> Mail. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Tweed

Post by Tweed » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:59 pm

Hiya Murray, how you doin` down there....you`re right, we are still hanging on to the past, but it`s like most things when they are the first on the scene, they are usually the last to change...Sorry to hear about your problems with parts, who`s giving you grief?... perhaps I can help. Everyone here is World Cup crazy at the moment, there`s England flags everywhere till they sh*t it and get knocked out then they`ll all disappear, but come St Georges Day and you`d be hard pushed to see one....you guys had a bit of bad luck against Italy earlier today, and I mean that........but don`t get too racked up about a couple of old rugby tests blue...we`ll come good on the day. How`s the misses?.......and there is some TC content in here.. :-)... Murray Arundell arundell@ghs.com.au> wrote: Tweed, Well you blokes had your chance but you blew it 1900 when you told us to nick off! So we did, and every day we thank you for it......... :-) * you don`t fool me, it`s because we won the Ashes ain`t it.....and the rugby World Cup. Mate, this is my point entirely.... You're still living in the past!! We've just flogged you in two Rugby Test and Ricky Ponting and the boys have really enjoyed watching your lads discomfort against the Sri Lankans :-) I suspect the Balmy Army is in for an uncomfortable Southern Hemisphere Summer.......... LOL Good Luck in the round ball game it would be nice to see the cup go back to Blighty for a change. Murray Arundell Brisbane Aus _____ From: Tweed [mailto:lizandtweed@yahoo.co.uk] Sent: Tuesday, 27 June 2006 7:44 am To: Terry Locke; 'Group T ABC's' Cc: 'Sally Carroll'; arundell@ghs.com.au Subject: RE: [mg-tabc] Parts Well said Terry, I wish I could have put it so politely. Everybody knows that Britain is the arsehole of the world but give us a break aye lads, we have to live here. You happen to have a soft spot for a little piece of British motoring history but if the rest of history gets up your nose that much get shot of them......and we`re supposed to be the whingers..................you don`t fool me, it`s because we won the Ashes ain`t it.....and the rugby World Cup. Tweed TC 2259 Cambridge UK Terry Locke terrylocke@btinternet.com> wrote: Come on, guys - enough of this crap. I joined this group for useful information exchange - a band of brothers (and sisters), united in their affection for a magnificent marque - not bitching! I can understand the genuine concerns over poor service performance, but do lay off the demographic/geographic generalisations. (I did not even raise a smile when Billy Connolly made that disgraceful observation that if ever the world needs an enema, it had to go into Brisbane!). But I'm sorry, chaps, enough of the slanging match, let's get back to USEFUL information - name the companies that fail, by all means - but you own, cherish, and promulgate your love for a truly British car. Terry Locke TC3594 _____ From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups .com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Sally Carroll Sent: 26 June 2006 18:21 To: Murray Arundell Cc: Group T ABC's Subject: [mg-tabc] Parts Sorry to here about the parts supply troubles. It is not new news. . Jim tried to enlist the local British Consulate in helping him make contact with suppliers in the UK. Before internet of course. His idea was to have parts available on shorter notice. .than had been the practice. The cars were being sold rapidly but the parts supply for spares was not adequate. At the time he was a service manager/parts manager. Care to guess when this happened. . . It was before Moss. . in the mid 50's. Our resources were small but our intent large. Jim was brushed off as a dreamer. . "It'll never work because the people here, don't buy enough to make it worthwhile." Yeah Right .. . Sally My barn and Garage hold only a few less parts then did his parts department then. ---------- My scanner says No virus has been found in this outgoing message. I try to update frequently. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.3/374 - Release Date: 6/23/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] _____ Now you can scan http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/nowyoucan/reading_pane/*htt p://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40565/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html> emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/nowyoucan/reading_pane/*htt p://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40565/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html> Mail. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] --------------------------------- All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

49 MG TC

Post by 49 MG TC » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:02 pm

HOLY COW BATMAN! There is a fight going on and I didn't even know it. You know I have had personal emails with many people on this list. I have found just about everyone to be great people. Men and women alike. Australians, New Zealanders, English, Americans, yes and even a India born German, and everyone in between. Seems to me that the roads here are not yet near worn out and they keep repairing the ones that are so better to keep driving that to argue about politics. Yea, I really said that. I am an American and proud of it. I am sure Murray is proud of his heritage, just as Tweed is proud of his, and so on. For my part I am always glad to hear about suppliers who do not do the job or provide inferior parts or services. I don't give a rat where they are. I want to know who they are so I can avoid them. I suspect that most of us on the list want to know the same information. There are crappy people and companies everywhere. If we all stick together they wont last, now will they? Once again a couple of very nice people from (as it happens) Australia said it best: "Drive Em Till The Roads Wear Out!" PEACE TO YOU ALL! Bud Silvers TC 8192 - Low n slo in the Black Forest of Colorado..... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]