history of TC4170

wolfgang.thaller@avl.com

history of TC4170

Post by wolfgang.thaller@avl.com » Thu Aug 16, 2001 1:24 am

Dear list-members in South Africa, My TC4170 was imported end of the eighties from South Africa to Germany and I bought and brought the car in March 1998 to my home town in Austria. I know TC4170 left the factory in Nov. 26th 1947 and its first registration should have been 1949 (but I m not sure) and not more about the rest of it s lifetime. Together with TC4170 I got also the original number plates from South Africa. I don t know if this are the original number plates from the first registration in South Africa or other plates from a later registration ... How is the procedure with registration and number plates in South Africa ? In Austria you always get new plates when the car is changing it s owner. The number plates are painted black with white letters and made of aluminium. The number is as follows: TS 16055 Is it possible to find out more and detailed information regarding my TC. In the past the TC has been restored in South Africa or anywhere before he came to Germany. It is not a perfect restoration a lot of the original parts have been replaced against not original ones (like the shocks, the interior and so on). The restoration was done for a long time ago because the car has a strong "patina" and needs a new and better restoration within the next future. I ask all list members on the black continent if it s possible to get more information with this details. Thank you in advance for your efforts and enjoy to drive your MG s - it s the best fun you can have to drive a car. Cheers and best greetings from Austria Wolfgang / TC4170