Heavy Duty Tonneau Zippers

Gene Gillam

Heavy Duty Tonneau Zippers

Post by Gene Gillam » Tue Aug 14, 2001 5:56 pm

Does anyone have a source for heavy duty zippers? One of the side zippers on my tonneau has failed and I want to replace it (and the other side) with heavy duty ones like is used in the center. Not having any luck on the internet. Thanks in advance, Gene Gillam Saucier, MS 1949 TC 7872

Want1937hd@aol.com

Re: Heavy Duty Tonneau Zippers

Post by Want1937hd@aol.com » Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:31 pm

Have you asked that guy from Arkansas? Bob TC4956 << Does anyone have a source for heavy duty zippers? One of the side zippers on my tonneau has failed and I want to replace it (and the other side) with heavy duty ones like is used in the center. Not having any luck on the internet. >>

Gene Gillam

Post by Gene Gillam » Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:05 pm

Tried all those - they now use "plastic", not brass.
----- Original Message ----- From: "JustBrits" justbrits@home.com> To: "Gene Gillam" anngene@bellsouth.net>; mg-t@autox.team.net>; "mg-tabc List" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 8:54 PM Subject: Re: Heavy Duty Tonneau Zippers > er, upholestry shop, Gene?? er, Marina??

tonygoodall

Post by tonygoodall » Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:43 am

Mike Collingburn in UK sells them, 98 cm long, heavy duty. mcolling@globalnet.co.uk Tony TC9825
> From: "Gene Gillam" anngene@bellsouth.net> > Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:04:51 -0500 > To: "JustBrits" justbrits@home.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net>, "mg-tabc List" > mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: [mg-tabc] Re: Heavy Duty Tonneau Zippers > > Tried all those - they now use "plastic", not brass. > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "JustBrits" justbrits@home.com> > To: "Gene Gillam" anngene@bellsouth.net>; mg-t@autox.team.net>; "mg-tabc > List" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 8:54 PM > Subject: Re: Heavy Duty Tonneau Zippers > > > > > > er, upholestry shop, Gene?? > > er, Marina?? > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:43 pm

Gene - apart from trying the makers of new tonneaux, try your Yellow Pages for a Sailmaker (don't know if you have any in your neck of the woods!). I recently had the centre zip on my 30-year old cover replaced by a sailmaker here in Plymouth, Devon. Nice chunky black plastic - not for the purists, but should see me out! ocTagonally
>Does anyone have a source for heavy duty zippers? One of the side zippers >on my tonneau has failed and I want to replace it (and the other side) with >heavy duty ones like is used in the center. Not having any luck on the >internet. > >Thanks in advance, >Gene Gillam >Saucier, MS >1949 TC 7872

Wiedemeyer

Post by Wiedemeyer » Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:41 pm

Hmmm.......sounds like somebody else we know, eh, Ed?.......or......"People who live in glass houses...." Bob
> >Then "service" is a "word/concept" they no longer understand, Gene. > >Ed >

VSavelli@aol.com

Post by VSavelli@aol.com » Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:37 pm

Any good upholstery shop should have them - I had my plastic one replaced (and installed) for $8!