MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's

Want1937hd@aol.com

Post by Want1937hd@aol.com » Wed Jul 04, 2001 2:04 pm

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Hope members in the UK are having a nice day as well. I just found the location of my fathers B-17 base in England. It is a long range dream to finish my TC and tour England and visit the places my father did in 1943-45. Best wishes Bob TC4956

Wiedemeyer

Re: MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's

Post by Wiedemeyer » Wed Jul 04, 2001 7:47 pm

Shhhhhh!! Don't mention the 4th of July celebration to members in the UK.....Remember, it was their arses we kicked in the late 1700s to enable us to celebrate Independence Day!! Bob
>Happy 4th of July to everyone! Hope members in the UK are having a nice day >as well. I just found the location of my fathers B-17 base in England. It
is
>a long range dream to finish my TC and tour England and visit the places my >father did in 1943-45. Best wishes Bob TC4956 > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Ray McCrary

Post by Ray McCrary » Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:50 pm

True, but also remember that it was the first true world war. England couldn't hold onto us with the French assisting. Remember Admiral de Grasse!! It IS a great thrill to see the original British gun tubes at Yorktown engraved with "Captured at the Capitulation at Yorktown"!! Best, Ray McCrary "Speed is Life; of course Luck and Altitude are helpful, too."
----- Original Message ----- From: "Wiedemeyer" boxweed@thebest.net> To: Want1937hd@aol.com> Cc: "MG-T List # 2" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 9:47 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's > Shhhhhh!! Don't mention the 4th of July celebration to members in the > UK.....Remember, it was their arses we kicked in the late 1700s to enable us > to celebrate Independence Day!! > > Bob > > > >Happy 4th of July to everyone! Hope members in the UK are having a nice day > >as well. I just found the location of my fathers B-17 base in England. It > is > >a long range dream to finish my TC and tour England and visit the places my > >father did in 1943-45. Best wishes Bob TC4956 > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Want1937hd@aol.com

Post by Want1937hd@aol.com » Wed Jul 04, 2001 9:09 pm

In a message dated 7/4/01 10:47:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, boxweed@thebest.net writes: > I'm well aware of that! In fact the ONLY land battle fought in the state of Connecticut was here in my hometown of Ridgefield. The British won and camped for the nite on what is now my neighborhood. The garage is still under MG occupation. Bob TC4956

Roger Muir

Post by Roger Muir » Wed Jul 04, 2001 10:32 pm

Bob wrote RE: [mg-tabc] MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's Happy 4th of July to everyone! Hope members in the UK are having a nice day as well. I just found the location of my fathers B-17 base in England. It is a long range dream to finish my TC and tour England and visit the places my father did in 1943-45. Best wishes Bob TC4956 My Reply Hopefully Bob you mean to tour the UK in your TC. I am quite sure that every assistance would be provided to you from the UK listers. I would!! Happy 4th July to everyone in the colonies!! Best wishes Roger Muir UK

murray arundell

Post by murray arundell » Wed Jul 04, 2001 10:36 pm

Just another Wednesday to me...... But then us progressive Australians had Wednesday on your Thursday. See how far ahead we are? AND we're about to again banquish the Brits on the only field of battle that matters..... the Cricket Field :) AND both and the US have more TC than they do......
> In a message dated 7/4/01 10:47:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > boxweed@thebest.net writes: > >
the
> UK.....Remember, it was their arses we kicked in the late 1700s to
enable us
> to celebrate Independence Day!! > > Bob >> > > I'm well aware of that! In fact the ONLY land battle
fought in
> the state of Connecticut was here in my hometown of Ridgefield. The
British
> won and camped for the nite on what is now my neighborhood. The
garage is
> still under MG occupation. Bob TC4956 > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > > >
Murray Arundell Brisbane OZ

Roger Muir

Post by Roger Muir » Wed Jul 04, 2001 11:57 pm

Sorry I was directing this at the American Colonies!! As far as the number of TC's in the US and Australia................... An MP by the name of Sir Stafford Cripps just after the Second World said basically EXPORT or you don't get your steel. And the fact that it took Britain!! to produce Gods Wonderful car, that is so loved araound the world!!! Best Wishes Roger Muir RE: Re: [mg-tabc] MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's Just another Wednesday to me...... But then us progressive Australians had Wednesday on your Thursday. See how far ahead we are? AND we're about to again banquish the Brits on the only field of battle that matters..... the Cricket Field :) AND both and the US have more TC than they do......

murray arundell

Post by murray arundell » Thu Jul 05, 2001 12:15 am

Maybe we should see that Sir Stamford receives and Order of Australia :)
> > Sorry I was directing this at the American Colonies!! > > As far as the number of TC's in the US and
Australia...................
> > > An MP by the name of Sir Stafford Cripps just after the Second World
said
> basically EXPORT or you don't get your steel. > > > And the fact that it took Britain!! to produce Gods Wonderful car,
that is
> so loved araound the world!!! > > Best Wishes Roger Muir > > > > > > > > > > > > RE: Re: [mg-tabc] MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's > > > Just another Wednesday to me...... But then us progressive
Australians
> had Wednesday on your Thursday. See how far ahead we are? AND we're > about to again banquish the Brits on the only field of battle that > matters..... the Cricket Field :) AND both and the US have more TC > than they do...... > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > > >
Murray Arundell Brisbane OZ

tonygoodall

Post by tonygoodall » Thu Jul 05, 2001 12:28 am

Maybe we should have a new, different T party! Tony TC9825
> From: "Wiedemeyer" boxweed@thebest.net> > Reply-To: "Wiedemeyer" boxweed@thebest.net> > Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 22:47:38 -0400 > To: Want1937hd@aol.com> > Cc: "MG-T List # 2" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] MG's ====The 4th of July===B-17's > > Shhhhhh!! Don't mention the 4th of July celebration to members in the > UK.....Remember, it was their arses we kicked in the late 1700s to enable us > to celebrate Independence Day!! > > Bob > > >> Happy 4th of July to everyone! Hope members in the UK are having a nice day >> as well. I just found the location of my fathers B-17 base in England. It > is >> a long range dream to finish my TC and tour England and visit the places my >> father did in 1943-45. Best wishes Bob TC4956 >> >> >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >> >> > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

C Sherriff

Post by C Sherriff » Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:06 am

Message text written by "Murray Arundell"
>Just another Wednesday to me...... But then us progressive Australians
had Wednesday on your Thursday. See how far ahead we are? AND we're about to again banquish the Brits on the only field of battle that matters..... the Cricket Field :) AND both and the US have more TC than they do...... Clive