bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn

wolfgang.thaller@avl.com

bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn

Post by wolfgang.thaller@avl.com » Sun Jun 10, 2001 11:11 pm

Dear T-Type Drivers, Last weekend I bought on an oldtimer exhibition an original LUCAS Altette Horn for my TC. The horn is in a good condition and the price was OK (GBP 42,-). Unfortunately the horn is equiped with a non original bracket. Does anybody of you know where I can get an original bracket to an acceptable price ? On the exhibition I had the chance to get an original unused LUCAS SFT462 fog light for a really good price (German Mark 600,-). It was really an original fog light and not a reproduction. But my TC has the chassis no. TC4170 and therefore I am looking for the LUCAS FT27 fog lamp. Does anybody of you know a source where I can get the FT27 fog light. Thank you and enjoy your T-Type Wolfgang with TC4170 from rainy Austria

Frank O_ The Mountain

Re: bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn

Post by Frank O_ The Mountain » Mon Jun 11, 2001 5:15 am

In a message dated 6/10/01 11:12:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, wolfgang.thaller@avl.com writes: > Wolfgang, try Holdens in UK for this and the FT27: http://www.holden.co.uk/ Barry Walker and Sports&Vintage will have the FT27, a beautiful reproduction but expensive. Terry in Oakland

erwin.lifestyle@t-online.de

Post by erwin.lifestyle@t-online.de » Mon Jun 11, 2001 5:38 am

Wolfgang, if you still have trouble let me know by next Tuesday and I will ask around in Silverstone for you. Brian Chase -----Urspr ngliche Nachricht----- Von: taterry@aol.com> An: wolfgang.thaller@avl.com>; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2001 14:15 Betreff: Re: [mg-tabc] bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn
> In a message dated 6/10/01 11:12:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, > wolfgang.thaller@avl.com writes: > > acceptable price ? >> > Wolfgang, try Holdens in UK for this and the FT27: > http://www.holden.co.uk/ > Barry Walker and Sports&Vintage will have the FT27, a beautiful
reproduction
> but expensive. > Terry in Oakland > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

anngene@bellsouth.net

Post by anngene@bellsouth.net » Mon Jun 11, 2001 6:01 am

Wolfgang, I took the old orginal horn off my car a few years back and believe I can find the mounting bracket for it. You're welcome to it if you can't find something closer to your home. Let me know. Gene
> > From: wolfgang.thaller@avl.com > Date: 2001/06/11 Mon AM 08:06:53 EDT > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [mg-tabc] bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn > > Dear T-Type Drivers, > > Last weekend I bought on an oldtimer exhibition an original LUCAS > Altette Horn for my TC. > The horn is in a good condition and the price was OK (GBP 42,-). > Unfortunately the horn is equiped with a non original bracket. > Does anybody of you know where I can get an original bracket to an > acceptable price ? > > On the exhibition I had the chance to get an original unused LUCAS > SFT462 fog light for a really good price (German Mark 600,-). > It was really an original fog light and not a reproduction. > But my TC has the chassis no. TC4170 and therefore I am looking for > the LUCAS FT27 fog lamp. > Does anybody of you know a source where I can get the FT27 fog > light. > > > Thank you and enjoy your T-Type > > Wolfgang > with TC4170 from rainy Austria > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

brian bax

Post by brian bax » Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:22 pm

Hello Wolfgang, I bought a very good reproduction FT27 fog lamp from Keith Ardley Telephone and fax: 01353 778493 and the price was 150 in 1999. I think he's the source for the good repros that the dealers sell. He's based in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England. Hope this helps, Brian.> -----Original Message-----
> From: wolfgang.thaller@avl.com > Sent: Mon Jun 11 08:06:53 BST 2001 > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [mg-tabc] bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn > > Dear T-Type Drivers, > > Last weekend I bought on an oldtimer exhibition an original LUCAS > Altette Horn for my TC. > The horn is in a good condition and the price was OK (GBP 42,-). > Unfortunately the horn is equiped with a non original bracket. > Does anybody of you know where I can get an original bracket to an > acceptable price ? > > On the exhibition I had the chance to get an original unused LUCAS > SFT462 fog light for a really good price (German Mark 600,-). > It was really an original fog light and not a reproduction. > But my TC has the chassis no. TC4170 and therefore I am looking for > the LUCAS FT27 fog lamp. > Does anybody of you know a source where I can get the FT27 fog > light. > > > Thank you and enjoy your T-Type > > Wolfgang > with TC4170 from rainy Austria > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:41 pm

hello Wolfgang - original FT27 foglamps are too valuable to put on the front of a TC, where any clown in a euro trashbox can destroy it with his bumper. but try Abingdon Spares, because a few years ago Jerry found a lot of original lenses. he then had the rest of the lamps reproduced to use them up! ocTagonally TCRoger
> Last weekend I bought on an oldtimer exhibition an original LUCAS >Altette Horn for my TC. > The horn is in a good condition and the price was OK (GBP 42,-). > Unfortunately the horn is equiped with a non original bracket. > Does anybody of you know where I can get an original bracket to an >acceptable price ? > > On the exhibition I had the chance to get an original unused LUCAS >SFT462 fog light for a really good price (German Mark 600,-). > It was really an original fog light and not a reproduction. > But my TC has the chassis no. TC4170 and therefore I am looking for >the LUCAS FT27 fog lamp. > Does anybody of you know a source where I can get the FT27 fog >light. > > > Thank you and enjoy your T-Type > > Wolfgang > with TC4170 from rainy Austria > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Paul Huck

Post by Paul Huck » Tue Jun 12, 2001 5:10 pm

Experience with Alabama 'trashboxes": I have TWICE broken my FT27 bracket off. Once my fault when I parked and 'touched' the rear bumper in front of my TC. They other time, a car unparking apparently backed into mine. Fortunately, both times the light fell behind the badge bar, and was insecurely riding there when I found it. A new bracket, primer and paint returned the light to proper position. I know bumpers/fenders would offer some protection, but they clutter up the front of a TC to my eye. Paul Huck
----- Original Message ----- From: Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@virgin.net> To: wolfgang.thaller@avl.com> Cc: .T-ABCs mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 2:38 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] bracket for LUCAS Altette Horn > hello Wolfgang - original FT27 foglamps are too valuable to put on the front > of a TC, where any clown in a euro trashbox can destroy it with his bumper. > but try Abingdon Spares, because a few years ago Jerry found a lot of > original lenses. he then had the rest of the lamps reproduced to use them > up! > > ocTagonally > > TCRoger > > > Last weekend I bought on an oldtimer exhibition an original LUCAS > >Altette Horn for my TC. > > The horn is in a good condition and the price was OK (GBP 42,-). > > Unfortunately the horn is equiped with a non original bracket. > > Does anybody of you know where I can get an original bracket to an > >acceptable price ? > > > > On the exhibition I had the chance to get an original unused LUCAS > >SFT462 fog light for a really good price (German Mark 600,-). > > It was really an original fog light and not a reproduction. > > But my TC has the chassis no. TC4170 and therefore I am looking for > >the LUCAS FT27 fog lamp. > > Does anybody of you know a source where I can get the FT27 fog > >light. > > > > > > Thank you and enjoy your T-Type > > > > Wolfgang > > with TC4170 from rainy Austria > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >