SHOCKING

mrbadger

SHOCKING

Post by mrbadger » Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:03 am

After much thought, the Badger has made a SHOCKING decision! The Badger is MOVING ON. After 40 years ownership, the ol' TC is for sale. It isn't that I haven't enjoyed it. I have! It isn't that I don't like it. I do. I have simply owned it - long enough. After all, it's only.......a car. Not my only car and, if the truth be known and, as difficult as it may be for the MG-IS-GOD group to comprehend, not even my favorite car. So... 1949 MG-TC #TC10009. Two owners from new. Black w/green leather and tan canvas. No glitzy parade queen this, but always a proud and honest, hard working TC with..."patina" and many personal touches. No rust, not even a single blister. Solid wood. As reliable as sunrise and with a balanced, blue printed engine still able to twist the tach needle right past the numbers and keep 80 lbs of O.P. Recent gearbox rebuild. Recent steering box rebuild. 40 year history file. Not on ebay...yet. Any interested parties may make inquiry to me, Derek Durst, at the above email address. Thank you, Badger.

Larry Cogan

Re: SHOCKING

Post by Larry Cogan » Fri Mar 30, 2001 7:16 am

Derek: Do the original oriental rugs come with it? And of course the pink engine? You do plan on staying on the list and giving us a few "Badgerisms", now and then, don't you? Believe me when I say you would be muchly missed. Larry
> After much thought, the Badger has made a SHOCKING decision! > The Badger is MOVING ON. > After 40 years ownership, the ol' TC is for sale.

LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com

Re: SHOCKING

Post by LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com » Fri Mar 30, 2001 9:04 am

DEAR BADGER; SOME ONE WILL BE LUCKY TO GET SUCH A WELL DOCUMENTED TC. MY MEMORIES CORDS HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED ABOUT MERIDITH NH FIRST MEETING. REMEBER THE HEADLIGHT CONTEST? DID YOU HAVE THE MG WITH THE POWERFUL HEADLIGHTS THAT JUST ABOUT BEAMED ACROSS LAKE WINNIE. I WAS SO IMPRESSED THAT I WAS DELIGHTED BY BUYING A TC WITH SIMILAR LOOKING HEADLIGHTS AND PER YOU, I HAVE LUCAS 770 UNITS. NEVER FORGOT THAT NIGHT AND THE SIMPLE GOOD TIME WE HAD. ALSO REMEMBER A GUY NAMED MCDONALD FROM WATERTOWN MASS WHO HAD A TA OR TB WITH THE LEAKY AIR BAG LEATHER SEATS. WHAT A SORE BUTT I HAD AFTER TRIP TO THE COVERED BRIDGE. TALLYHO! THOM COLLINS

SANDY SANDERS

shocking

Post by SANDY SANDERS » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:54 am

The Smith's were proud of their family tradition. Their ancestors had come to America on the Mayflower. Their line had included Senators and Wall Street wizards. Now they decided to compile a family history, a legacy for the children. They hired a fine author. Only one problem arose: how to handle that great-uncle who was executed in the electric chair. The author said he could handle that chapter of history tactfully. The book appeared. It said that "Great-uncle George occupied a chair of applied electronics at an important government institution, was attached to his position by the strongest of ties and ... his death came as a real shock." [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

SANDY SANDERS

Re: shocking

Post by SANDY SANDERS » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:01 am

Please pardon me for the last writing. It had to be a senior moment and I pushed the wrong button. Sandy Sanders Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1939mgtb

Post by 1939mgtb » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 am

I thought it was funny! Best, Ray "Spes mea in Deo est"
----- Original Message ----- From: "SANDY SANDERS" esane@msn.com> To: "Al bauerle" apbegb@xtn.net>; "Armana-Suzy" armana-suzy@msn.com>; "heidi sumner" has@dosp.org>; "jay grimm" jaygrimm@aol.com>; "jo-ann selleck" rjboo2000@yahoo.com>; "marie cow" mcow@cogeco.ca>; "mg-tabc" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>; "MichaelOrtaliz" MichaelOrtaliz@aol.com>; "Rosemarie" Murdlefluf@msn.com>; "redpepe" redpepe@sbcglobal.net>; "Steve Flinn" sflinn@dpatraining.com>; "thom collins" luckyfloridalin@aol.com> Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 5:53 AM Subject: [mg-tabc] shocking > > The Smith's were proud of their family tradition. Their ancestors had come to America on the Mayflower. Their line had included Senators and Wall Street wizards. Now they decided to compile a family history, a legacy for the children. They hired a fine author. > > Only one problem arose: how to handle that great-uncle who was executed in the electric chair. The author said he could handle that chapter of history tactfully. > > The book appeared. It said that "Great-uncle George occupied a chair of applied electronics at an important government institution, was attached to his position by the strongest of ties and ... his death came as a real shock." > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

LKe1021587@aol.com

Post by LKe1021587@aol.com » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:56 pm

In a message dated 8/19/2005 4:08:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, esane@msn.com writes:
> Please pardon me for the last writing. It had to be a senior moment and I > pushed the wrong button. > Sandy Sanders >
Sorry about your great uncle George. Mike K. Azusa CA [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]