Supercharger Arnott

Hemmo de Groot

Supercharger Arnott

Post by Hemmo de Groot » Mon Feb 26, 2001 2:14 am

Originally my MG TA Park Ward dhc (Symphony) was equipped with a low-pressure Arnott supercharger. A photo of the installation can be seen on her website www.come.to/mgta. During restoration I tuned the engine in a way that the engine is now more powerful as the car can handle (improved profile camshaft, lightened flywheel, 1500-valves and total inside polish, weighing, balancing). For the looks and the sound I am now considering to buy/restore an Arnott for installing it on Symphony. Symphony is on the world to drive so I am driving her for long rally's and trips in warm countries as well. As costs to achieve a restored Arnott are high I like to know if such an Arnott is worth the investment: --Does it brings you the nice sound you aspect and will it possible to drive her in a smooth way together with family or --is it spoiling your pleasure during driving due to mechanical rattling sounds and constantly having problems with tuning carbs, ignition timing, idle running, and unreliable durability during 1000 mile rally?