TC EX(U) version

CFritz7001@aol.com

TC EX(U) version

Post by CFritz7001@aol.com » Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:53 pm

Friends, Open on the desk next to me is my copy of the following publication, which I have had in my collection since about 1954: Export Edition MIDGET (Series TC) ILLUSTRATED LIST OF SERVICE PARTS MG Technical Literature L.7 Includes Amendment No. 1 and Esport Supplement Issue 3., 1952 ********************************* Section P is the "Export Supplement", consisting of 6 pages. I will quote some of the special items listed therein which have been among the most frequently-debated points of "originality" in EX(U) TCs . I am NOT quoting everything listed in section P. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE FOR "(Series "TC/EX (U)") RHD Cars for U.S.A.", AND STATED AS COMING INTO EFFECT STARTING WITH TC #7380 1) Headlamps for twin-filament bulbs (later identified as "S700") 2) Bulbs for ditto 3) Harness cables NOTE: NO MENTION OF SEALED BEAMS 4) Plate--"Made In England" 5) Rear view mirror (central facia mounting) 6) Speedometer in miles 7) FRONT BUMPERS COMPLETE (Heavy type with overriders) 8) REAR BUMPERS COMPLETE (Heavy type with overriders) 9) MG Medalion (for rear bumper) 10) Starting Handle (notation: "Replaces Standard") 11) Steering wheel (telescopic) (Gold Pearl) 12) Sidelamps (1130) incorporating flashers 13) Stop and tail-lamps (482-1) (Two are specified) 14) Horn (WT614) {Two horns are specified} 15) Number-plate illumination lamp complete (467/1) 17) Flasher Relays (2) L.I.R. (L3) 18) Flashing Light switch (SD84) (type L-18) complete with warning light (WL3/1) 19) Fusebox for Horns ****************************** If there's enough demand for it, I can try to scan these 6 pages & send them to the website. ***************** Coming back to the bumpers: I've always believed that the 2+ inch wide, flat, slightly curved & radiused bumpers were installed by Inskip Motors in New York City, which was the prime importer for the Eastern U.S. I've also heard that these "Inskip" units were either the same as the Harley-Davidson units, or very nearly so. I can't confirm either of these. possibilities; maybe they are BOTH true!!! That's my two cent's worth for tonight. Have fun! Regards to all, Carl Fritz TC #6756 Gainesville, FL

CFritz7001@aol.com

Re: TC EX(U) version

Post by CFritz7001@aol.com » Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:51 am

I scanned the 6 pages from the TC Illustrated Parts List which deal with the EX(U), and transmitted them to Walter Preschl. Walter has now added them to the TABC website in the section entitled " MG TABC Literature". The pages are near the end of that section, and appear as an image of: " Service Parts List ...Section P ... " Click on that image to get an enlargement and the other pages. All the pages are printable and readable. It took a lot more disk spce than I expected just to do the 6 pages, so it does not appear to be practical to scan the entire book of some 45 pages, plus its 18 or so oversize fold-out illustrations. The volume problem may be due to my inexperience with scanning a document, and I will see if I can find a way around it. If I can, I'll send more of the pages to Walter for posting on the TABC website. Several TABC members had emailed me individually, asking about emailing them copies of this entire publication. However, AOL ("bless" them) has a "feature" which automatically deletes old mail after a few days, so I've lost all of those messages and thus can't respond to directly to those people. My apologies to them, and to the rest of the list for having to tell everyone just to tell a few. BTW, I'm pretty sure that I saw copies of the TC parts list for sale somewhere fairly recently, but I have not re-discovered that source. I'll keep looking, and notify the TABC list if/when I find the source. In the meantime, my apologies. The parts list is nice to have, so if you see one for sale, I'd suggest you grab a copy. Regards, Carl Fritz

Terry O'Brien

Re: TC EX(U) version

Post by Terry O'Brien » Wed Feb 21, 2001 10:11 am

Carl; You can buy a reprint of the Parts List from the Octagon Car Club. It is relatively inexpensive. Terry CFritz7001@aol.com wrote:
> > I scanned the 6 pages from the TC Illustrated Parts List which deal with > the EX(U), and transmitted them to Walter Preschl. Walter has now added them > to the TABC website in the section entitled " MG TABC Literature". The pages > are near the end of that section, and appear as an image of: " Service Parts > List ...Section P ... " Click on that image to get an enlargement and the > other pages. All the pages are printable and readable. > It took a lot more disk spce than I expected just to do the 6 pages, so > it does not appear to be practical to scan the entire book of some 45 pages, > plus its 18 or so oversize fold-out illustrations. The volume problem may > be due to my inexperience with scanning a document, and I will see if I can > find a way around it. If I can, I'll send more of the pages to Walter for > posting on the TABC website. > Several TABC members had emailed me individually, asking about emailing > them copies of this entire publication. However, AOL ("bless" them) has a > "feature" which automatically deletes old mail after a few days, so I've lost > all of those messages and thus can't respond to directly to those people. > My apologies to them, and to the rest of the list for having to tell everyone > just to tell a few. > BTW, I'm pretty sure that I saw copies of the TC parts list for sale > somewhere fairly recently, but I have not re-discovered that source. I'll > keep looking, and notify the TABC list if/when I find the source. In the > meantime, my apologies. The parts list is nice to have, so if you see one > for sale, I'd suggest you grab a copy. > Regards, > Carl Fritz > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/