Oil Pump

MGTDFL@aol.com

Oil Pump

Post by MGTDFL@aol.com » Wed Jan 24, 2001 5:56 pm

Does anyone know where I can purchase an oil pump for my XPAG engine? I had some e mails with contacts but my hard drive crashed and I lost everything. Cheers, Don FL

Skip Kelsey

Re: Oil Pump

Post by Skip Kelsey » Thu Jan 25, 2001 9:28 am

Don: Which series pump do you require? Skip Kelsey..............www.shadetreemotors.com At 05:54 PM 1/24/01, MGTDFL@aol.com wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can purchase an oil pump for my XPAG engine? I had >some e mails with contacts but my hard drive crashed and I lost everything. > >Cheers, >Don >FL

Gene Gillam

Oil Pump

Post by Gene Gillam » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:30 pm

Can the early type XPAG be fitted to a later TD engine? If not, does anyone have a later style TD oil pump they'd be willing to sell me? Gene --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.386 / Virus Database: 218 - Release Date: 9/9/2002

Ron Benson

Oil Pump

Post by Ron Benson » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:05 pm

Hi All, As I am going to take the engine out over the winter to cure the rear seal oil leak and poss. rebuild the oil pump. Could anyone tell me how the driven gear is removed from the shaft? Also what should the clearances be on the gears before they need replacing? Regards, Ron Benson

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:41 pm

hi Ron - just a quick reply to get the ball rolling. I presume you mean "driving" gear, not "driven"? The former is keyed to the shaft, the latter just sits on its spigot. The clearance between the gears is of course zero (they are, after all, gears, and their faces roll across each other). Far more important is the clearance between the gear tips and the body of the pump. Now because the lobes in the body tend to wear more in the centre (i.e. they become barrel shaped) just poking a feeler gauge in will not detect it, but any pump which produces less than 40psi is probably worn. The only solution is to re-machine the lobes, and make new oversize gears. It is not easy, but can be done! ocTagonally TCRoger Ron Benson wrote:
>As I am going to take the engine out over the winter to cure the rear seal >oil leak and poss. rebuild the oil pump. Could anyone tell me how the driven >gear is removed from the shaft? Also what should the clearances be on the >gears before they need replacing?

Dean Jensen

Post by Dean Jensen » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:08 pm

Ron The TD/TF workshop manual has an excellent section on the oil pump Dean -----Original Message----- From: Ron Benson [mailto:ron@benson67.fsnet.co.uk] Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 2:05 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: [mg-tabc] Oil Pump Hi All, As I am going to take the engine out over the winter to cure the rear seal oil leak and poss. rebuild the oil pump. Could anyone tell me how the driven gear is removed from the shaft? Also what should the clearances be on the gears before they need replacing? Regards, Ron

Bill Putnam

Post by Bill Putnam » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:54 am

Ron, Be sure to check the clearances very carefully per the TD/TF workshop manual. Also, if you are replacing the oil pump drive shaft (that has the gear on one end that runs on the cam) you might consider contacting Bob Grunau (he is in the T-ABC listing) who has one piece gear/drive shafts as per original. The last oil pump gear and drive shaft I purchased from Moss used a separate gear pinned to the shaft which is in my opinion just one more opportunity for failure. Speaking from personal experience, you do not want your oil pump to fail suddenly and without warning. May your oil pump always supply your XPAG with oil, Bill Putnam
> From: "Dean Jensen" djensen@accessus.net> > From: "Dean Jensen" djensen@accessus.net> >Subject: RE: Oil Pump >The TD/TF workshop manual has an excellent section on the oil pump
Dean
> >-----Original Message----- >From: Ron Benson [mailto:ron@benson67.fsnet.co.uk] > >Hi All, >As I am going to take the engine out over the winter to cure the rear >seal >oil leak and poss. rebuild the oil pump. Could anyone tell me how the >driven >gear is removed from the shaft? Also what should the clearances be on >the >gears before they need replacing? > >Regards, > Ron

SherParker@aol.com

Oil Pump

Post by SherParker@aol.com » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:10 pm

Listers, Is there simple trick to pull the shaft for the driven gear out of the oil pump pad on the block? thanks in advance. Sherwood Parker TC 8355 1860 E Buena Vista Dr. Tempe, AZ 85284 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

BobAlley747@aol.com

Post by BobAlley747@aol.com » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 pm

I use a small length of pipe a washer big enough to cover the pipe and a bolt that fits the shaft. Tighten the bolt and the shaft comes out. bob [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

SherParker@aol.com

Oil pump

Post by SherParker@aol.com » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:16 am

Thanks to all who replied, By placing a pipe over the shaft, as several of you recommended, the 8 x 10 bolt became a sucessful puller. Sherwood [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]