Estimate of value for TC shocks

Tom Poole

Estimate of value for TC shocks

Post by Tom Poole » Fri Jan 12, 2001 11:25 am

Anyone willing to "guestimate" a fair market price in $USD$ for 4 correct and newly rebuilt shocks for a TC? My TC 7563 was formerly converted to tube shocks and I wish to return it to a more original set up. Through this group I have located a set. The present owner has suggested we consult the collective wisdom of the TABC group as to value. This should be interesting ! Thanks, Tom Poole

mgtcmd@pacbell.net

Re: Estimate of value for TC shocks

Post by mgtcmd@pacbell.net » Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:28 pm

I purchased a pair of reconditioned Girling PR6 shock absorbers with arms, links, bushes, and shock link studs from Brown & Gammons in 1999. They charged GBP 155.00 for each one. Jack Stehr Piedmont, California

Diecuts@aol.com

Post by Diecuts@aol.com » Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:40 pm

$400.00 Such a deal!! Cheers Lee Jacobsen, Dearborn MI.

LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com

Post by LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com » Fri Jan 12, 2001 5:06 pm

OUCH! Are they 24 Gold Plated? That could kill our love affair with MG T. Tally Ho! _Thom Collins

Jennifer and Hugh Pite

Post by Jennifer and Hugh Pite » Fri Jan 12, 2001 5:12 pm

I'll take a set or two at that price! Regards, Hugh Pite
----- Original Message ----- From: diecuts@aol.com> To: tpoole@columbus.rr.com>; mg-tabc@egroups.com> Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 4:39 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Estimate of value for TC shocks > $400.00 Such a deal!! > > Cheers > > Lee Jacobsen, Dearborn MI. > > >

Ed Dunn

Post by Ed Dunn » Fri Jan 12, 2001 5:30 pm

Probably more like $1000-1200 for a set... ED
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] tpoole@columbus.rr.com [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Friday, January 12, 2001 11:21 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Estimate of value for TC shocks Anyone willing to "guestimate" a fair market price in $USD$ for 4 correct and newly rebuilt shocks for a TC? My TC 7563 was formerly converted to tube shocks and I wish to return it to a more original set up. Through this group I have located a set. The present owner has suggested we consult the collective wisdom of the TABC group as to value. This should be interesting ! Thanks, Tom Poole

sculptart@aol.com

Post by sculptart@aol.com » Fri Jan 12, 2001 6:12 pm

Tom, A short time ago I had to replace on of the TC's shocks that was not rebuildable. I recall I paid $145.00 for it and had a very hard time finding just one. If you have located a set of 4 in working condition I think $600-750 would be a fair market price. I assume one of our members have these for sale, the important thing is to get them back on the road again and both parties feel they received a fair deal. I shudder to think what an e-Bay auction would do to the prices... Ben Cordsen, TC 4260

Charles Hill

Post by Charles Hill » Fri Jan 12, 2001 8:50 pm

Tom, Congratulations on finding a set of TC shocks at any price! What is Apple Hydraulics charging for rebuilding TC shocks? And from what I've heard (no personal experience) their rebuilds aren't that great. You might call and find out what their core charge is. Add the two together and add a bit for having it done correctly. Regards, Charles Hill

joecurto@aol.com

Post by joecurto@aol.com » Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:17 am

Charles I have used Apple's shocks in my business for years and have no trouble, he gives a long guarantee and stands behind it, I have seen his operation and he has some pretty specialized equipment entirely devoted to rebuilding Armstrong and Girling shocks, people forget what we used to get when these things were new, I can remember getting MGA shocks new that had more oil on the outside than on the inside. Joe Curto

Monoxidemanor@aol.com

Post by Monoxidemanor@aol.com » Sat Jan 13, 2001 10:02 pm

Dear Kimberites: We have used Apple Hydraulics with great success and they stand behind their work. We shipped a pair just recently to them thinking we had a leak. They examined them and shipped them back, no charge, stating that the shocks were fine....and, they were right. And now.... The Daily Drivel Can orphans eat at family restaurants? Kindest regards, Alan & Victoria Campbell