hard to start - non klr

DSN_KLR650
Jeff Earle

(no subject)

Post by Jeff Earle » Sun Apr 09, 2000 1:21 pm

Anyone got some info on how long a good helmet is good for? I heard that you should get a new one every few years because they materials will break down with age and won't be as effective. I have a HJC FG9 that is 7 years old but in great shape. Jeff A7

Ray Whiteman

(no subject)

Post by Ray Whiteman » Mon Apr 10, 2000 8:04 pm

unsubscribe

Tobin Lampson

(no subject)

Post by Tobin Lampson » Tue Apr 11, 2000 6:33 pm

Where is the list?

TimHiles@aol.com

(no subject)

Post by TimHiles@aol.com » Thu Apr 20, 2000 11:45 am

When I was in the AF I had a Yamaha RD350. Once off base my face shield cracked and I discarded it for the few miles home. Caught a huge hornet with my eye. Got the lid closed (reflex) and grabbed pedals and levers and scooted to a halt to remove the hornet. When I jerked the bug away his stinger along with some of his entrails were embedded in my eyelid. Within 1 minute my eye was swollen shut. Went to the base hospital and all i got was Tylenols. The Dr. said had the stinger gotten the eye itself I would have more than likely lost the eye. Have never rode without a shield since. Mentioning the green bugs reminds me of a key reason I wear a full-face helmet at all times. Back in college when I rode a Honda 350 as my only transportation I once hit a locust (giant grasshopper) at 55 MPH. THWACK! against the faceplate. Big ol' green slime all across the helmet. I shudder to thing what it would have been like taking it in the face. It rattled me even without taking a personal hit.

TimHiles@aol.com

(no subject)

Post by TimHiles@aol.com » Thu Apr 20, 2000 12:05 pm

Keep up with 750's? How about blow their doors off. All it took was a little porting and polishing, velocity stacks, 38 Mukini smoothbores, expansion chambers, and a little less air in the rear tire. The RD came out before the Kawasaki triples (500, 750) and the bike to beat was the Honda 750ss. Took a few pink slips before the word got out. Reminds me how much I actually miss my Yamaha R5 350...that was my first street bike :) Guys on their 750s couldn't believe how well I could keep up. I woulda like to have gotten an RD though, those reed valves woulda been sweet :)

Jeff Earle

(no subject)

Post by Jeff Earle » Sun Apr 23, 2000 10:00 am

I'm not sure what to think about the 'pulsating' headlights. A fully automatic rocket launcher with proximity sensors mounted behind me is my answer, as I've been re-ended twice. I've learned over 25 years of dodging four wheelers on paved roads, that it is much safer rocketing down wooded trails. But I still do both. Jeff A7

jim weber

(no subject)

Post by jim weber » Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:54 pm

testing

tebklr@aol.com

(no subject)

Post by tebklr@aol.com » Mon May 01, 2000 6:02 pm

Greetings all: Planning to do some dual-sport riding in Colorado and Utah on the way to the FSSNOC rally in California. Anyone have some info or site addresses on trail guides for these states? Thanks in advance. Tom

Tim Booth

(no subject)

Post by Tim Booth » Tue May 02, 2000 4:58 pm

_______________________________________________________________________ Message: 25 Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:09:20 -0600 From: Dash Weeks Subject: Re: Long Post: Rally Pros, Gripsters, Rejetting, Torque Wrenches If you look on the Dual Star website it states to "remove" the compass to take a reading. If the compass is plastic it will have zero shielding and just being on the handlebar/crossbar will cause deviation. Tim The Tach has a coil in it. I don't think that would be the source large enough to cause a problem. Try moving the compass to the other side of the bar. Does it move toward the Tach? LaterZ Dash
>One more: I just put on the Dual Star handlebar compass and I'm always >heading North West... Is there something in the guage cluster that generates >a large magnetic field? The guages shouldn't do that should they? Perhaps my >handlebar has been magnetized somehow? Any ideas? >Jim Jackson II >(no cool nickname) >A13 - South Carolina
A2 - Da' Bomb No Longer Crashing for Beer Will wheelie for Virgin Oil __

Alan L Henderson

(no subject)

Post by Alan L Henderson » Wed May 03, 2000 12:46 pm

I have been sort of off list for a bit not from what has been going on but rather having a huge back log to read and other things to do. If things get to hectic, at home, I may go back on the web option so please send me notes direct. I was in Colorado visiting my kids for a week, no bike unfortunately, and came back to hundreds and hundreds of emails. Alan Henderson A13 Iowa