disassemble plastic on rear fender and fairing

DSN_KLR650
Norm Keller

disassemble plastic on rear fender and fairing

Post by Norm Keller » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Take note of the wire colors on the signal lights. The bullet connectors allow the wires to be reversed which often results in intermittently blowing the main fuse. Only seems to happen while bike us moving so can make one crazy figuring out the first time.

pwhatfourever@sbcglobal.net

loose bolt and rear tire wear

Post by pwhatfourever@sbcglobal.net » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 pm

I found a small black bolt on the garage floor near my KLR this afternoon. It has a large thick phillips head and is an M8-1.25 x 10. The fairing bolts and side panel bolts all seem to be in place, but I have replaced a few of those, so this could be a previously missing bolt. Also, ( think it is larger than a fairing bolt would be. Any ideas where it is from? Also, I have about 6k miles on my rear Shenko tire. I am thinking it is about time to replace it. What is the best indication that the tire should be replaced. I will read previous posts to see what brand and tread, but am leaning to a tire more suited to street use. Thanks! Paul

wwotmike@aol.com

loose bolt and rear tire wear

Post by wwotmike@aol.com » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Shinko 705s are great.  Offer great street and capable, moderate off road capabilities.

Sent from my Sprint phone

------ Original message------

[b]From: [/b]pwhatfourever@... [DSN_KLR...

[b]Date: [/b]Sun, Sep 27, 2015 9:36 PM

[b]To: [/b]DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com;

[b]Subject:[/b][DSN_KLR650] Loose Bolt and rear tire wear

I found a small black bolt on the garage floor near my KLR this afternoon. It has a large thick phillips head and is an M8-1.25 x 10. The fairing bolts and side panel bolts all seem to be in place, but I have replaced a few of those, so this could be a previously missing bolt. Also, ( think it is larger than a fairing bolt would be. Any ideas where it is from? Also, I have about 6k miles on my rear Shenko tire. I am thinking it is about time to replace it. What is the best indication that the tire should be replaced. I will read previous posts to see what brand and tread, but am leaning to a tire more suited to street use. Thanks! Paul