stupid spark plug question

DSN_KLR650
Karl Raupp

fork brace

Post by Karl Raupp » Tue Jun 13, 2000 1:34 pm

What's this? A cure for the left-right-left-right dance the handlebars do in the soft stuff? If so, how much is it? How much is involved to put one on? I've got an MT-21 on the front of my KLR right now and I don't mind it at all on the highway. Deep soft sand still upsets the front though. Karl
> >
make it worse. What did help, however, was the addition of the Happy Trails fork brace. the Highway to Fred's shop was milled and grooved. Going at any speed over 45mph, my frontend had more moves than Kurt Simpson at Karoake night. Tim wanted me to try his fork brace out, so I bolted one up at Fred's shop. Then I had to hustle into town to run errands. Looked down at my speedo, 75mph and the front end was about as calm as it has ever been. Too early to tell if the fork brace may be the answer to running an aggressive knobbie in front and not having to take out a life insurance policy when riding on pavement, but it seems that way now.
> >Gino
________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Stuart Mumford

fork brace

Post by Stuart Mumford » Mon Jan 08, 2001 7:43 pm

Can someone let me know what the max width on the inside of the Happy Trail fork brace is? I have a big wide Kenda on the front and am wondering if it would hit a HTFB... CA Stu

joseph hart

fork brace

Post by joseph hart » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:38 pm

Hello, Anyone out there know what the cost is for Tim Bernards KLR fork brace? Some of the list talk in the past viewed the D606 & K139 as one of the best combinations for off-road use with the KLR. Is the D606 9-90-21(listed on MAW Web)for the front something new (replacement for K139)? I didn't see the K139 tire on the MAW website! I am currently running Gripters and looking for improvement in sandy areas i.e. White Rim. Well there's always the DR650!!! Joe IL A13 95ZG1000 (for now)

monahanwb@yahoo.com

fork brace

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Sat Feb 17, 2001 9:36 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., joseph hart wrote:
> Anyone out there know what the cost is for Tim Bernards KLR fork
brace? I think it's about $200. Sounds like it's worth the money.
> Some of the list talk in the past viewed the D606 & K139 as one of
the best
> combinations for off-road use with the KLR. Is the D606 9-90-21
(listed on
> MAW Web)for the front something new (replacement for K139)? I
didn't see
> the K139 tire on the MAW website!
D606 for the front is a new addition. I am looking at the full set for my KLR, myself, when new rubber is warranted.

k650dsn@aol.com

fork brace

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Sun Feb 18, 2001 9:00 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., joseph hart wrote:
> Hello, > > Anyone out there know what the cost is for Tim Bernards KLR fork
brace?
> > Some of the list talk in the past viewed the D606 & K139 as one of
the best
> combinations for off-road use with the KLR. Is the D606 9-90-21
(listed on
> MAW Web)for the front something new (replacement for K139)? I
didn't see
> the K139 tire on the MAW website! I am currently running Gripters
and
> looking for improvement in sandy areas i.e. White Rim. Well there's
always
> the DR650!!! >
The new D606 id a matching tire for the rear D606. Not sure how it works, but the K139 worked great, partly due to its very stiff side wall. The Happy Trails fork brace is about $200.00 and worth every penny. If you really want excellent handling in sand, you may need to skip the KLR650 and DR650 too and just get a BMW F650GS. I hear they even roll across water! ;-) Gino

Joseph Labate

fork brace

Post by Joseph Labate » Wed Mar 14, 2001 1:22 pm

As I mentioned earlier, before the breakdown yesterday, I was having a great ride. One reason for that is the Happy Trails fork brace I had just installed - my first ride with it. I rode some dirt and some paved roads with lots of twisties. My previous bike was a telelevered GS so I'm a bit spoiled as to front end performance/stability. Before, the front end of the KLR felt pretty twitchy but now with the fork brace - WOW. It smoothed all that stuff out. I was hesitant to purchase the relatively expensive brace but I'm so glad I did. (This is probably old news to you veterans but newbies like myself, I highly recommend it). jlabate

k650dsn@aol.com

fork brace

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Wed Mar 14, 2001 2:07 pm

Ditto, the forkbrace from Happy Trails is the best money you can spend on the the KLR fork. Gino
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Joseph Labate wrote: > As I mentioned earlier, before the breakdown yesterday, I was having > a great ride. One reason for that is the Happy Trails fork brace I > had just installed - my first ride with it. I rode some dirt and > some paved roads with lots of twisties. My previous bike was a > telelevered GS so I'm a bit spoiled as to front end > performance/stability. Before, the front end of the KLR felt pretty > twitchy but now with the fork brace - WOW. It smoothed all that > stuff out. > > I was hesitant to purchase the relatively expensive brace but I'm so > glad I did. (This is probably old news to you veterans but newbies > like myself, I highly recommend it). > > > jlabate

Bogdan Swider

fork brace

Post by Bogdan Swider » Wed Mar 14, 2001 4:07 pm

> Ditto, the forkbrace from Happy Trails is the best money you can spend > on the the KLR fork. > > Gino >
How about on a klr spoon ? or klr knife ? klr bib ? Bogdan

Greg Paul

fork brace

Post by Greg Paul » Sat Apr 14, 2001 2:04 pm

Hey guys, Anyone know where I can get a good, inexpensive fork brace? I checked Fred's site and Dual Star and neither seem to carry one. Can't be that the KLR650 doesn't need one. Took mine to the dirt the other day and it seemed to be twisting and washing out a little. Thanks in advance, Greg in Dallas

Fongball@aol.com

fork brace

Post by Fongball@aol.com » Sat Apr 14, 2001 5:20 pm

Hi Greg, Tim Bernard of Happy Trails Products (www.happy-trail.com) sells a really nice one. I have it on my A15 and very happy with it. At about $200, it might not qualify as inexpensive, but I'm not aware of any alternatives. Happy Trails, Tim Fong A15 '01 BMW F650GS Dakar with all the problems that everybody else seems to have. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]