updated klr tool tube link

DSN_KLR650
tddotson@west.raytheon.com

Post by tddotson@west.raytheon.com » Mon May 01, 2000 5:53 pm

Just saying "hey" to everyone. Proud owner of a new Big Green A14. I like the old blue color better but the OD green goes well with my GI Joes. (chuckle) Regards. -Trent PS Does anyone live in the Tucson area? Available for some weekend rides?

vadams@lithonia.com

Post by vadams@lithonia.com » Tue Jul 11, 2000 1:06 pm

Hello, all. I just subscribed to the list and would like to introduce myself. My name is Vern Adams and I live in Atlanta, GA. I have owned a 1988 KLR250 since new, and would like to learn more about modifications to it. It is currently all stock, and I am interested in items such as exhausts (and required jetting changes), tires, and accessories. I know these kinds of questions have probably been asked a million times, and most of you have 650's. So rather than bore everyone with a lot of questions, perhaps one of you who is a fellow 250 owner could e-mail me privately and let me know what modifications you recommend. Thanks in advance, Vern

Ron Coker

Post by Ron Coker » Fri Jul 14, 2000 5:55 pm

I'm new to the list and have really been enjoying all of your interesting stories and useful KLR info. I tried to post a reply today and it failed for some reason so I'll try this and see if it goes. I'm a prospective KLR'r waiting for the '01's to arrive at the dealer while he tries to sell my WR-200. Any members out there from Missouri?

John Hart

Post by John Hart » Mon Jul 17, 2000 10:51 am

Well after exhaustive research, I am going to buy a KLR650 in 30 days. Unless I find a steal of a deal I will buy new. Will ready privious posts to get caught up. I currently own a 1999 BMW K1200LT. This is my long range bike.I don't see how you guys ride the KLR all over the country but we will see. Hope to be posting soon John Hart McComb MS 39648

aches@deltech.net

Post by aches@deltech.net » Mon Jul 17, 2000 5:26 pm

John, Welcome. Don't ever expect the KLR to be as the Beemer on the road. But set up proper with a good seat and taller windshield., it'll get the job done. Most I've done so far on mine is 722 or so miles in one day in 18 hours of running time. Lots of dirt and gravel roads and trails at the start (Finishing up the TAT Arkansas section) then US highways to interstate at the end of the day. -- Best Regards & Happy Trails Andy Chesley @ 57 and ticking Y2KLR650 @ 5.4K sMiles 97 R11RA (Amiga) @ 14K Miles So Many Roads, So Little Time http://members.deltech.net/aches/

Brad Davis

Post by Brad Davis » Fri Aug 04, 2000 8:26 am

> > Look forward to future discussions with you all. > > Cheers > Allan > C6 KLR 650
Hi Allan and welcome to the list. You will find the technical discussions valuable and the NKLR postings sometimes entertaining! You probably have a lot of great DS areas in Australia (like 99% of the country!?). Are DS bikes common over there? Brad Davis A9 Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

William Whalen

Post by William Whalen » Tue Aug 15, 2000 1:47 pm

New Member I have just join this e-group. I have a 92 KLR 650 that I bought new in 92. Before that I had a KLR-600. Other bikes that I have owned are Honda Sl-125, Suzuki 185 Sierra, Suzuki PE 250, and Bultaco 250 Alpina. Bill (Central Florida) ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Bill Richardson

Post by Bill Richardson » Fri Sep 22, 2000 9:14 am

Hi, Just joined this group and thought I would introduce myself. I have a 2001 Super Sherpa on order (hope to have it next week) and have a couple of general Kawasaki questions: 1) What is the best procedure for prepping the bike for winter storage? Bike is supposed to have a maintenance free battery - what is the best way to story this battery over the winter? I have used a battery tender in the past. 2) How long does it take the factory to release Service and Parts manuals for a given model? 3) Good place on line to purchase Kawasaki parts and accessories? Thanks for any help given. Bill Richardson Salt Lake City, Utah

Tumu Rock

Post by Tumu Rock » Sat Sep 23, 2000 12:06 am

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:14:10 -0600, Bill Richardson wrote: Hi, Just joined this group and thought I would introduce myself. I have a 2001 Super Sherpa on order (hope to have it next week) and have a couple of general Kawasaki questions: 1) What is the best procedure for prepping the bike for winter storage? Bike is supposed to have a maintenance free battery - what is the best way to story this battery over the winter? I have used a battery tender in the past.>>>>>>>>>> Dunno, I ride it unless the snow/ice stop me. 2) How long does it take the factory to release Service and Parts manuals for a given model?>>>>>>>> I would think as soon as the bike is released but your question makws me think twice... 3) Good place on line to purchase Kawasaki parts and accessories? >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com or sometime in the near future http://www.buykawasaki.com Thanks for any help given. >>>>>>>>> But of course. dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Sat Sep 23, 2000 9:57 am

> Just joined this group and thought I would introduce myself. I have a > 2001 Super Sherpa on order (hope to have it next week) and have a couple of > general Kawasaki questions: > > 1) What is the best procedure for prepping the bike for winter storage? > Bike is supposed to have a maintenance free battery - what is the best way > to story this battery over the winter? I have used a battery tender in the > past.>>>>>>>>>>
there are varying degrees of carefulness. Generally the list goes something like this: Fill the tank with good clean fuel add a stabilizing product to it. Take the bike for a last ride. When you return shut the fuel off at the petcock and let the engine burn the remaining fuel in the fuel bowl (alternately you can just drain the float bowl). Change the oil and filter. Unweight the tires by putting the bike on a stand. Remove the battery and put it on a battery tender. Clean and wax the bike. Clean and lubricate all moving parts. Put a rag or suitable plug in the exhaust pipe silencer (hanging out conspicuously so you won't forget it in the spring). Cover the bike.
> 2) How long does it take the factory to release Service and Parts manuals > for a given model?>>>>>>>>
If it is a Moto Guzzi about a decade...with the Sherpa I would be surprised if they don't have it already.. Kurt