DSN_KLR650
william smock

exhaust question

Post by william smock » Wed May 10, 2000 8:17 pm

i receive the dsn mag & noticed in the dec issue about carl eldens killer klr that he drilled to approximate 1/2 inch holes into the rear of his stock klr exhaust. has anyone out there experimented with this? i would like to have a after market exhaust but unable due to fundage. would this mod increase h.p.?, sound better?, re-jetting required? any pros, cons and help on this subject would be appreciated. ____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

elcapitanuno31@hotmail.com

exhaust question

Post by elcapitanuno31@hotmail.com » Mon Apr 16, 2001 6:24 pm

...can anyone tell me the advantages (if any) of drilling out the stock exhaust? any power boost? what is the procedure for drilling out the muffler? BTW to all those who helped me through my engine swapping process, I am very grateful. I know have an (almost) brand-new motor in my '94 teal and white beast. she runs like a champ! seamus

guymanbro@excite.com

exhaust question

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Tue Apr 17, 2001 1:44 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., elcapitanuno31@h... wrote:
> ...can anyone tell me the advantages (if any) of drilling out the > stock exhaust? any power boost? what is the procedure for drilling > out the muffler? > > seamus
Only advantage I got was deeper tone. Did it to try to kill tweety (before Bogdan performed surgery and found the real cause). Didn't do jack for tweety except drown it out a little more. Of course this was just drilling out the rear plate....if you drilled all the way through and gave a straight shot for exhaust to travel you'd probably increase power some but you'd lose spark arresting and muffling. Oh hell, just get a Harley straight pipe with a skull on it and call it a day. :') dat brooklyn bum

cccp7@hotmail.com

exhaust question

Post by cccp7@hotmail.com » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:18 pm

Hey seamus when i got my bike it had 4 holes in the back of the muffler. It was very loud and i ended up welding them shut. I have not noticed ANY performance difference. I also drilled out my airbox. It`s also louder and i can't go through deep water anymore. I want to reseal it. If you don't get a better filter and retune your carb it's not worth drilling your muffler or airbox. I rather have my klr in stealth mode so i donn't scare the fish when going through deep water.. Raz A8 www3.sympatico.ca/razb
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., elcapitanuno31@h... wrote: > ...can anyone tell me the advantages (if any) of drilling out the > stock exhaust? any power boost? what is the procedure for drilling > out the muffler? > > BTW to all those who helped me through my engine swapping process, I > am very grateful. I know have an (almost) brand-new motor in my '94 > teal and white beast. she runs like a champ! > > seamus

nathan vandenberg

exhaust question

Post by nathan vandenberg » Mon May 13, 2002 7:08 pm

I know this has been asked about a million times, I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best quality muffler for the price, I dont mind loud, but nothing overwhelming, and I am on a bit of a budget, so refferals to where a good deal can be found would be very helpfull too. Thanks in advance Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Join the world s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com

Devon Jarvis

exhaust question

Post by Devon Jarvis » Mon May 13, 2002 7:33 pm

The best pipe for the money is the stock pipe. Good power at all RPM and only minimal rejetting required, and low noise. Survives crashes like it's a part of the frame. Probably a Laser Pro-Duro if price is no object. Most others are crap. Your neighbors, and almost everybody else do mind loud, never mind overwhelming. It's even worse if you ride offroad, as if there aren't enough problems with riding areas being shut down already. Devon A15 nathan vandenberg wrote:
> I know this has been asked about a million times, I was just wondering what > everyone thinks is the best quality muffler for the price, I dont mind loud, > but nothing overwhelming, and I am on a bit of a budget, so refferals to > where a good deal can be found would be very helpfull too. Thanks in advance > Nathan

dale_johnson13

exhaust question

Post by dale_johnson13 » Mon May 13, 2002 7:59 pm

--Snip
> > I know this has been asked about a million times, I was just
wondering what
> everyone thinks is the best quality muffler for the price, I dont
mind loud,
> but nothing overwhelming, and I am on a bit of a budget, so
refferals to
> where a good deal can be found would be very helpfull too. Thanks
in advance --Snip Best pipe is stock, UNLESS a) You don't ride often b) You have money and can afford a Laser Pro Duro

Tom Baumen

exhaust question

Post by Tom Baumen » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:19 am

I have a used original style Supertrapp exhaust from my KLR. A friend of mine that lives 1000 miles away wants it for a KLR600 project he is working on. The question is will it work on a KLR 600 if it came off a 1993 KLR 650? Any one know for sure so I don't waste time shipping this thing to him. Tom Baumen

Tom Lippe

Post by Tom Lippe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 am

...Improving sexual performance and promoting penis growth! http://www.team-wdl.de/friends.page.php?xifhotmailID=08uk8

Jim Douglas

exhaust question

Post by Jim Douglas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am

I watched this video while clicking around on the web and loved the sound of this Triumph Scrambler. My question is that is there a pipe for the KLR (2008) that would sound like this. Not meaning to start a loud pipe thread and I didn't think this was all that loud, just nice to me? Thanks! Jim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r43nfESek