75/25 tires - looking for recommendations

DSN_KLR650
Brad

tail trunk

Post by Brad » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Anybody using the JC Whitney tail trunk. Medium or Large and what's your opinion and any pics. Thanks Brad

slipper21@aol.com

tail trunk

Post by slipper21@aol.com » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:34 pm

I got one from sears when they had a big sale, when the package arrived in a big cardboard box the letters. JCW were on the outside.  Gee I wonder JC Whitney???   So far I am pleased with the item it is the LARGE size. I have been in a serious rain storm and all my contents stayed dry, I however got wet through my Aerostich Darien jacket, but oh well it was a bad storm with heavy winds. My three cents Sent from my iPod
On Jul 21, 2010, at 2:00 PM, "Brad" wrote:
  Anybody using the JC Whitney tail trunk. Medium or Large and what's your opinion and any pics. Thanks Brad

P Zegers

75/25 tires - looking for recommendations

Post by P Zegers » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 pm

I use my 08 for a commuter (7K miles a year)with some fire road travel.  I got about 10K miles with a Pirelli on the back.  It ran smooth and didn’t have to change it often.   I would buy another, but I have to read the advise here and experiment with other tires.  The first sentence of Jake’s response is the same as what I did.

> Greetings, > > I have an '09 and am looking to replace the tires. Done a bunch of reading

online and have narrowed the search down to:
> -Pirelli Scorpion S/T MT90 > -MEFO MFE 99 Sport Explorer > -Bridgestone Trailwing TW21/22 > > Any thoughts or recommendations? I definitely do more street riding, and
my offroad stuff is generally gravel, grass, dirt and some mud (but not often).
> > Interested to hear what experiences others have had with the 3 tires noted
above, or another tire I might have overlooked?
> > Thanks, > John >
~~~I used the same Pirelli you are considering on the back of my 08' KLR when the OEM rear tire wore out. Coupled with the OEM front it was a fine tire. I took it off with 4-5 mm tread depth left as at the time I wanted to install more off road worthy tires front and rear...which I did and am still using. I rarely get my KLR up past highway speeds anymore, mostly using the KLR for secondary road work and off road fun...but if you want a tire to run slab at higher speeds, the Scorpion S/T is a good tire IMO with plenty of grip wet and dry. Wears fairly well too Jake Reddick Fla. I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there. -- Herb Caen