stock oem dunlop - cracked side walls. anyone done this???

DSN_KLR650
idaho_mtgoat

cheaper front brake lever????

Post by idaho_mtgoat » Fri May 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Where can I get a cheaper front brake lever for an '06 KLR650? I seem to be going through them rather quickly and they run $20 and a two week wait locally. My kick stand is a bit too tall or my rear shock has sagged a bit and the bike seems to fall over at a moments notice, curling the front brake lever around. Thanks Pat

RobertWichert

Post by RobertWichert » Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm

I bent mine back, some, and it's been bent (and fine) for almost one year. YMMV Robert P. Wichert P.Eng +1 916 966 9060 FAX +1 916 966 9068 ========================================================
On 5/14/2010 11:54 AM, idaho_mtgoat wrote:   Where can I get a cheaper front brake lever for an '06 KLR650? I seem to be going through them rather quickly and they run $20 and a two week wait locally. My kick stand is a bit too tall or my rear shock has sagged a bit and the bike seems to fall over at a moments notice, curling the front brake lever around. Thanks Pat

Jud

Post by Jud » Fri May 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Two words: barkbusters
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "idaho_mtgoat" wrote: > > Where can I get a cheaper front brake lever for an '06 KLR650? I seem to be going through them rather quickly and they run $20 and a two week wait locally. My kick stand is a bit too tall or my rear shock has sagged a bit and the bike seems to fall over at a moments notice, curling the front brake lever around. > > Thanks > Pat >

dooden

Post by dooden » Sat May 15, 2010 6:31 am

Thats one word... :-) Two words would be "Don't Fall" Also that has to be alot of sag.. sure the forks are down in the triple ? Top of tube should be just about flush with top of triple clamps. (Caps have to be above of course) Also is the preload on the rear shock ramped up to say "5". When parking the bike also turn bars all the way to the left. Heck I put a piece of 2x4 under my stand and it is not that close to falling over, unless heavy winds. Thats with my fork tube sticking up about 3/4" (needed that little bit of footing) www.ronayers.com try that otherwise I would go to Fred, he is dang near lightning fast. Guessing you have lowering links ? in which case take a hacksaw to the kickstand and weld the foot back on when you get the right length. Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Jud" wrote: > > Two words: > > barkbusters > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "idaho_mtgoat" wrote: > > > > Where can I get a cheaper front brake lever for an '06 KLR650? I seem to be going through them rather quickly and they run $20 and a two week wait locally. My kick stand is a bit too tall or my rear shock has sagged a bit and the bike seems to fall over at a moments notice, curling the front brake lever around. > > > > Thanks > > Pat > > >

fasteddiecopeman

Post by fasteddiecopeman » Sat May 15, 2010 9:34 am

Pat, Look at getting some DECENT handguards (I use Emgos with an aluminum bar in) so you stop bending/ breaking levers. Cheers, Ed

mark ward

Post by mark ward » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 pm