nklr space shuttle flyby nklr

DSN_KLR650
Lawrence Borgens

fred as the moderator

Post by Lawrence Borgens » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:32 am

Attachments : List,

I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one.

Fred is a great moderator for this group. Weather he profits from the KLR crowd or not is irrelevant. What matters is where his heart is and what value the list brings to the KLR community. I think that Fred has proved time and time again that his heart is in the right place and he brings value to the community.

I am a member of some others lists and have seen what happens when there is a bad moderator running things; it s very discouraging and disappointing. If you want to create another list because you think this one is run poorly then have at it and good luck. Yahoo gives you all the tools that you need to do it, just know that I have no intention of following you to any new list that you create.

Keep up the great work Fred!

Lawrence Borgens Founder

[img]cid:image001.jpg@01CA6CB5.B3275460[/img]

Family Off-Road Adventures [b][i][/i][/b]

[b][i]"Fun on Two Wheels!"[/i][/b]

AMA Charter #: 8058

AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison

lborgens@familyoffroadadventures.com 209.649.3633

209.939.0628 (fax) PO Box 8633

Stockton, CA  95208

www.familyoffroadadventures.com

========================================================

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Thomas Komjathy [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM [b]To:[/b] Lourd Baltimore; KLR List [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR

Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures s nomenclature,doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each and every member can live with.  will be happy to work with you, in private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't represent the majority. thank you TK

[b]From:[/b] Lourd Baltimore lourd_baltimore@yahoo.com> [b]To:[/b] KLR List DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] Mon, November 23, 2009 5:12:06 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR  

I hate to be a wet blanket on this party, but can we also place tighter requirements on attachments to NKLR posts.

I'd prefer no attachments to NKLR posts, but a softer hand may be needed.

If I need pictures showing irrefutable evidence that President Obama is not an American citizen, is a secret muslim, and that he personally wired the demolition charges in the Twin Towers, then I can get them somewhere other than this list.

Josh

A7

[b]From:[/b] k650 [b]To:[/b] Fred Hink ; KLR List ups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] Sat, November 21, 2009 7:23:09 PM [b]Subject:[/b] RE: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing)  

Just so you know as plain text your message would have been about 4k in size. Now that you allow HTML it has increased along with the picture 7,700%. This list will become almost unusable for the dialup crowd. Walt From: DSN_KLR650%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Fred Hink Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:17 PM To: KLR List Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) I have downloaded a few new applications that you can check out on the web site.   These Beta applications  are new to YAHOO! and some will have "bugs" but Yahoo is working on fixing them.   Be patient if you find that something isn't working correctly right now. I hope these and the other additions to our message board enhances your experiences here. Fred List Admin.

D Critchley

fred as the moderator

Post by D Critchley » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 am

Pardon me, folks, but I thought that the original post was a nice piece of sarcasm. Could it be that I have erred? Tell me it isn't so!!! DC Lawrence Borgens wrote:
> > > List, > > > > I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one. > > > > Fred is a great moderator for this group. Weather he profits from the > KLR crowd or not is irrelevant. What matters is where his heart is and > what value the list brings to the KLR community. I think that Fred has > proved time and time again that his heart is in the right place and he > brings value to the community. > > > > I am a member of some others lists and have seen what happens when there > is a bad moderator running things; it s very discouraging and > disappointing. If you want to create another list because you think > this one is run poorly then have at it and good luck. Yahoo gives you > all the tools that you need to do it, just know that I have no intention > of following you to any new list that you create. > > > > Keep up the great work Fred! > > > > Lawrence Borgens > Founder > > cid:image002.jpg@01C80A67.C7C98080 > > Family Off-Road Adventures > > */ /* > > */"Fun on Two Wheels!"/* > > AMA Charter #: 8058 > > AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison > > lawrence@familyoffr oadadventures. com > > 209.649.3633 > > 209.939.0628 (fax) > PO Box 8633 > > Stockton, CA 95208 > > www.familyoffroadad ventures. com http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/> > > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ======== > > > > *From:* DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou > ps.com] *On Behalf Of *Thomas Komjathy > *Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM > *To:* Lourd Baltimore; KLR List > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > > > Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR > related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I > think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just > no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long > winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. > how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very > dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the > "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures > s nomenclature, doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I > also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the > list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the > sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a > community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in > conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the > name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine > when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their > equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the > years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form > a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I > feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that > represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these > are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each > and every member can live with. will be happy to work with you, in > private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list > members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. > Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones > that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't > represent the majority. thank you > > TK > > > > *From:* Lourd Baltimore > *To:* KLR List > *Sent:* Mon, November 23, 2009 5:12:06 AM > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > I hate to be a wet blanket on this party, but can we also place tighter > requirements on attachments to NKLR posts. > > I'd prefer no attachments to NKLR posts, but a softer hand may be needed. > > If I need pictures showing irrefutable evidence that President Obama is > not an American citizen, is a secret muslim, and that he personally > wired the demolition charges in the Twin Towers, then I can get them > somewhere other than this list. > > > > Josh > > A7 > > . > > > > > > *From:* k650 > *To:* Fred Hink ; KLR List ups.com http://ups.com>> > *Sent:* Sat, November 21, 2009 7:23:09 PM > *Subject:* RE: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) > > > > Just so you know as plain text your message would have been about 4k in > size. > Now that you allow HTML it has increased along with the picture 7,700%. > This list will become almost unusable for the dialup crowd. > > Walt > > From: DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com > [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com > ] On > Behalf Of Fred Hink > Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:17 PM > To: KLR List > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) > > I have downloaded a few new applications that you can check out on the web > site. > > These Beta applications are new to YAHOO! and some will have "bugs" but > Yahoo is working on fixing them. > > Be patient if you find that something isn't working correctly right now. > I hope these and the other additions to our message board enhances your > experiences here. > > Fred > List Admin. > > > > > > >

Fred Hink

fred as the moderator

Post by Fred Hink » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:41 am

I won't speak for the original author but I took this post as attempted humor.  Without knowing the person, sarcasm can be easily misunderstood. Fred  
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] pentax@... [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:46 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator   Pardon me, folks, but I thought that the original post was a nice piece of sarcasm. Could it be that I have erred? Tell me it isn't so!!! DC Lawrence Borgens wrote: > > > List, > > > > I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one. >   > > *From:* DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou > ps.com] *On Behalf Of *Thomas Komjathy > *Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM > *To:* Lourd Baltimore; KLR List > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > > > Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR > related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I > think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just > no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long > winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. > how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very > dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the > "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures > s nomenclature, doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I > also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the > list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the > sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a > community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in > conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the > name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine > when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their > equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the > years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form > a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I > feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that > represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these > are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each > and every member can live with. will be happy to work with you, in > private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list > members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. > Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones > that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't > represent the majority. thank you > > TK >

Martin

fred as the moderator

Post by Martin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:16 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote:
> > I won't speak for the original author but I took this post as attempted humor. > Without knowing the person, sarcasm can be easily misunderstood. > > Fred
Well, if you are not offended, I won't be. smile. group hug. cough. revmaaatin.

Thomas Komjathy

fred as the moderator

Post by Thomas Komjathy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey! I never said Fred wasn't a great moderator, he is great (thanks Fred) I want each member to accept my fundamental change, if not I will be forced to shove it down everyone's throats, either way we will have change. We will control you for your own good... TK [b]From:[/b] Lawrence Borgens lawrence@familyoffroadadventures.com> [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tue, November 24, 2009 6:30:37 AM [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator   List,

I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one.

Fred is a great moderator for this group.  Weather he profits from the KLR crowd or not is irrelevant.  What matters is where his heart is and what value the list brings to the KLR community.  I think that Fred has proved time and time again that his heart is in the right place and he brings value to the community.

I am a member of some others lists and have seen what happens when there is a bad moderator running things; it s very discouraging and disappointing.  If you want to create another list because you think this one is run poorly then have at it and good luck.  Yahoo gives you all the tools that you need to do it, just know that I have no intention of following you to any new list that you create.

Keep up the great work Fred!

Lawrence Borgens Founder

[img]cid:1.2253432505@web113819.mail.gq1.yahoo.com[/img]

Stockton, CA  95208

www.familyoffroadad ventures. com

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou ps.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Thomas Komjathy [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM [b]To:[/b] Lourd Baltimore; KLR List [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR

Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures s nomenclature, doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each and every member can live with.  will be happy to work with you, in private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't represent the majority. thank you TK

[b]From:[/b] Lourd Baltimore yahoo.com> [b]To:[/b] KLR List [b]Sent:[/b] Mon, November 23, 2009 5:12:06 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR  

I hate to be a wet blanket on this party, but can we also place tighter requirements on attachments to NKLR posts.

I'd prefer no attachments to NKLR posts, but a softer hand may be needed.

If I need pictures showing irrefutable evidence that President Obama is not an American citizen, is a secret muslim, and that he personally wired the demolition charges in the Twin Towers, then I can get them somewhere other than this list.

Josh

A7

[b]From:[/b] k650 [b]To:[/b] Fred Hink ; KLR List ups.com> [b]Sent:[/b] Sat, November 21, 2009 7:23:09 PM [b]Subject:[/b] RE: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing)  

Just so you know as plain text your message would have been about 4k in size. Now that you allow HTML it has increased along with the picture 7,700%. This list will become almost unusable for the dialup crowd. Walt From: DSN_KLR650%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Fred Hink Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:17 PM To: KLR List Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) I have downloaded a few new applications that you can check out on the web site.   These Beta applications  are new to YAHOO! and some will have "bugs" but Yahoo is working on fixing them.   Be patient if you find that something isn't working correctly right now. I hope these and the other additions to our message board enhances your experiences here. Fred List Admin.  

Thomas Komjathy

fred as the moderator

Post by Thomas Komjathy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Sarcasm or not, I want my cut from these capitalistic, free market types that think their efforts are for them and their families and not the collective. Some of us just don't or can't work that hard, so it's not fare that we have less because the right wingers don't want to share their profits. Now we have people on the list that are all upset because we talk about other things than KLRs, they are a very small group, but I feel their fundamental perspective trumps the majority that are too pig headed to see what they really want or should have. I know it doesn't seem like it, but if we can all work together, take parts from our KLRs to help those that need them, we will always have some KLRs out there running, representing the rest of us. Isn't that what it is all about, giving up what you have so that at leasst some can prosper? [b]From:[/b] D Critchley [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tue, November 24, 2009 7:46:00 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator   Pardon me, folks, but I thought that the original post was a nice piece of sarcasm. Could it be that I have erred? Tell me it isn't so!!! DC Lawrence Borgens wrote:
> > > List, > > > > I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one. > > > > Fred is a great moderator for this group. Weather he profits from the > KLR crowd or not is irrelevant. What matters is where his heart is and > what value the list brings to the KLR community. I think that Fred has > proved time and time again that his heart is in the right place and he > brings value to the community. > > > > I am a member of some others lists and have seen what happens when there > is a bad moderator running things; it s very discouraging and > disappointing. If you want to create another list because you think > this one is run poorly then have at it and good luck. Yahoo gives you > all the tools that you need to do it, just know that I have no intention > of following you to any new list that you create. > > > > Keep up the great work Fred! > > > > Lawrence Borgens > Founder > > cid:image002.jpg%4001C80A67.C7C98080 > > Family Off-Road Adventures > > */ /* > > */"Fun on Two Wheels!"/* > > AMA Charter #: 8058 > > AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison > > lawrence@familyoffr oadadventures. com > > 209.649.3633 > > 209.939.0628 (fax) > PO Box 8633 > > Stockton, CA 95208 > > www.familyoffroadad ventures. com http://www.familyof froadadventures. com/> > > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ======== > > > > *From:* DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou > ps.com] *On Behalf Of *Thomas Komjathy > *Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM > *To:* Lourd Baltimore; KLR List > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > > > Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR > related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I > think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just > no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long > winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. > how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very > dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the > "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures > s nomenclature, doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I > also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the > list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the > sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a > community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in > conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the > name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine > when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their > equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the > years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form > a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I > feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that > represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these > are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each > and every member can live with. will be happy to work with you, in > private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list > members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. > Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones > that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't > represent the majority. thank you > > TK > > > > *From:* Lourd Baltimore yahoo.com> > *To:* KLR List > *Sent:* Mon, November 23, 2009 5:12:06 AM > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > I hate to be a wet blanket on this party, but can we also place tighter > requirements on attachments to NKLR posts. > > I'd prefer no attachments to NKLR posts, but a softer hand may be needed. > > If I need pictures showing irrefutable evidence that President Obama is > not an American citizen, is a secret muslim, and that he personally > wired the demolition charges in the Twin Towers, then I can get them > somewhere other than this list. > > > > Josh > > A7 > > . > > > > > > *From:* k650 > *To:* Fred Hink ; KLR List
> ups.com http://ups.com>> > *Sent:* Sat, November 21, 2009 7:23:09 PM > *Subject:* RE: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) > > > > Just so you know as plain text your message would have been about 4k in > size. > Now that you allow HTML it has increased along with the picture 7,700%. > This list will become almost unusable for the dialup crowd. > > Walt > > From: DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com oups.com> > [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogro ups.com > ] On > Behalf Of Fred Hink > Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:17 PM > To: KLR List > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) > > I have downloaded a few new applications that you can check out on the web > site. > > These Beta applications are new to YAHOO! and some will have "bugs" but > Yahoo is working on fixing them. > > Be patient if you find that something isn't working correctly right now. > I hope these and the other additions to our message board enhances your > experiences here. > > Fred > List Admin. > > > > > > >

Thomas Komjathy

fred as the moderator

Post by Thomas Komjathy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:31 pm

[b]From:[/b] Fred Hink [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com; D Critchley [b]Sent:[/b] Tue, November 24, 2009 12:39:35 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator   I won't speak for the original author but I took this post as attempted humor.  Without knowing the person, sarcasm can be easily misunderstood. Fred  
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] pentax@... [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:46 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator   Pardon me, folks, but I thought that the original post was a nice piece of sarcasm. Could it be that I have erred? Tell me it isn't so!!! DC Lawrence Borgens wrote: > > > List, > > > > I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one. >   > > *From:* DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou > ps.com] *On Behalf Of *Thomas Komjathy > *Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM > *To:* Lourd Baltimore; KLR List > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > > > Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR > related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I > think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just > no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long > winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. > how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very > dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the > "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures > s nomenclature, doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I > also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the > list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the > sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a > community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in > conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the > name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine > when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their > equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the > years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form > a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I > feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that > represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these > are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each > and every member can live with. will be happy to work with you, in > private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list > members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. > Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones > that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't > represent the majority. thank you > > TK >

Lawrence Borgens

fred as the moderator

Post by Lawrence Borgens » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Attachments : Fred,

If that was done in sarcasm then I totally missed it My apologizes.

Lawrence Borgens Founder

[img]cid:image001.jpg@01CA6D41.510B0920[/img]

Stockton, CA  95208

www.familyoffroadadventures.com

========================================================

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Fred Hink [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:40 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com; D Critchley [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator

I won't speak for the original author but I took this post as attempted humor. 

Without knowing the person, sarcasm can be easily misunderstood.

Fred

----- Original Message -----

[b]From:[/b] pentax@shaw.ca

[b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com

[b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:46 AM

[b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator

Pardon me, folks, but I thought that the original post was a nice piece of sarcasm. Could it be that I have erred? Tell me it isn't so!!! DC Lawrence Borgens wrote: > > > List, > > > > I think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one. >   > > *From:* DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou > ps.com] *On Behalf Of *Thomas Komjathy > *Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM > *To:* Lourd Baltimore; KLR List > *Subject:* Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > > > > Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing but KLR > related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I > think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just > no room for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long > winter discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. > how much we really should put in the crankcase... I am also very > dissapointed in the refernce to the part that is refered to as the > "doohickey" it is rude and should be called by the original manufactures > s nomenclature, doohickey is far to embigious, please change the term. I > also feel, becuase this list is a free list, those that advertise on the > list should pay each member for any of the progit they encure from the > sale of their products, after all we are all members and it is a > community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it is in > conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the > name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine > when these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their > equal share first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the > years, but has had some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form > a entire new list. though the issue with this one my be repairable, I > feel we can have far better control if we set it up in a manner that > represents all the members. You may get some that dissagree, but these > are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, it is change each > and every member can live with. will be happy to work with you, in > private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the list > members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. > Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones > that will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't > represent the majority. thank you > > TK >

dooden

fred as the moderator

Post by dooden » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:34 am

TK for President !!!!
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Komjathy wrote: > > Hey! I never said Fred wasn't a great moderator, he is great (thanks Fred) I want each member to accept my fundamental change, if not I will be forced to shove it down everyone's throats, either way we will have change. We will control you for your own good... > > TK > > > > > ________________________________ > From: Lawrence Borgens > To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Tue, November 24, 2009 6:30:37 AM > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Fred as the Moderator > > > List, > > I > think that TK has gone off the deep end on this one. > > Fred > is a great moderator for this group. Weather he profits from the KLR crowd or > not is irrelevant. What matters is where his heart is and what value the list > brings to the KLR community. I think that Fred has proved time and time again > that his heart is in the right place and he brings value to the community. > > I > am a member of some others lists and have seen what happens when there is a bad > moderator running things; it s very discouraging and disappointing. If you > want to create another list because you think this one is run poorly then have > at it and good luck. Yahoo gives you all the tools that you need to do it, > just know that I have no intention of following you to any new list that you > create. > > Keep > up the great work Fred! > > Lawrence Borgens > Founder > Family Off-Road Adventures > > > "Fun on Two Wheels!" > AMA Charter #: 8058 > AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison > lawrence@familyoffr oadadventures. com > 209.649.3633 > 209.939.0628 (fax) > PO Box 8633 > Stockton, CA 95208 > www.familyoffroadad ventures. com > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ======== > > From:DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:DSN_ KLR650@yahoogrou ps.com] On Behalf Of Thomas > Komjathy > Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 8:10 AM > To: Lourd Baltimore; KLR List > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > Yes, all that should be talked about on this list is nothing > but KLR related stuff, no opinion, family announcements, or anything else. I > think anyone that post a NKLR should be banned for life, there is just no room > for anything else. We can keep ourselves plenty busy with a long winter > discussion on which type of oil to run, when to swithch to syn. how much we > really should put in the crankcase... I am also very dissapointed in the > refernce to the part that is refered to as the "doohickey" it is rude > and should be called by the original manufactures s nomenclature, doohickey is > far to embigious, please change the term. I also feel, becuase this list is a > free list, those that advertise on the list should pay each member for any of > the progit they encure from the sale of their products, after all we are all > members and it is a community of like minded people. Fred, as the moderator, it > is in conflict with the list that you are a dealer selling parts, but in the > name of progressive thinking, I feel it would be best if you dedermine when > these profits should be distributed and who shall recieve their equal share > first. In fact Fred, though this list has done well over the years, but has had > some issues, I am moving to disban this list and form a entire new list. though > the issue with this one my be repairable, I feel we can have far better control > if we set it up in a manner that represents all the members. You may get some > that dissagree, but these are simply a loud minority; most want these changes, > it is change each and every member can live with. will be happy to work > with you, in private to make the changes that the overwhelming majoriyt of the > list members want. Once we finalize it, we can present it to the members. > Please don't ask the members for their voice in changes, the only ones that > will reply will be the nay sayers and they are few and don't represent the > majority. thank you > > TK > > > ________________________________ > > From:Lourd Baltimore > > To: KLR List > Sent: Mon, November 23, 2009 5:12:06 AM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) - NLKR > > > I hate to be a wet blanket on this party, but can we also > place tighter requirements on attachments to NKLR posts. > I'd prefer no attachments to NKLR posts, but a softer hand > may be needed. > If I need pictures showing irrefutable evidence that > President Obama is not an American citizen, is a secret muslim, and that he > personally wired the demolition charges in the Twin Towers, then I can get them > somewhere other than this list. > > Josh > A7 > . > > > > ________________________________ > > From:k650 > > To: Fred Hink ; KLR List > > Sent: Sat, November 21, 2009 7:23:09 PM > Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) > > > Just so you know as plain text your message > would have been about 4k in > size. > Now that you allow HTML it has increased along with the picture 7,700%. > This list will become almost unusable for the dialup crowd. > > Walt > > From: DSN_KLR650@yahoogro > ups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com] On > Behalf Of Fred Hink > Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:17 PM > To: KLR List > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Applications (Beta Testing) > > I have downloaded a few new applications that you can check out on the web > site. > > These Beta applications are new to YAHOO! and some will have > "bugs" but > Yahoo is working on fixing them. > > Be patient if you find that something isn't working correctly right now. > I hope these and the other additions to our message board enhances > your > experiences here. > > Fred > List Admin. > >

cyclebay@aol.com

fred as the moderator

Post by cyclebay@aol.com » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 am

The saddest part of this is that people have time for this when they should be using their extra time for riding the KLR. I seriusly doubt that Fred or anyone else in the motorcycle business is getting rich from this. I have spent 30 years in it and can count on two finger the two guys that actually made out on it after many, many years of work.

Greg Hall