arrowhead motorsport falsely accused nklr

DSN_KLR650
Nick Hughes

harleys

Post by Nick Hughes » Mon Jul 03, 2000 5:18 pm

Was watching a friend skydive this weekend and a woman walked up and asked why I didn't have a Harley. I replied "they break down all the time and cost too much." Her: "The new ones are better." Me: "So, now they only break down 5 times out of 10 instead of 9 times out of 10" Before she could answer I asked her "So, if Harley made planes, and you didn't have your chute, would you fly in one?" (Saw it on a tee-shirt and just had to use it) Her: "Good point, smartass. No, I probably wouldn't, but they look cool." Me: "Yep, and that's why dogs and them have a lot in common. They both like riding round in the back of pick-ups." She gave up at that point. Why do they bother? Big Nick

njtc@mail.ocis.net

harleys

Post by njtc@mail.ocis.net » Mon Jul 03, 2000 10:21 pm

In the big picture isn't it a case of two wheels good, four wheels bad? We all make the decision to ride what we ride, good or bad. We happen to like KLR's. The Harley Guys happen to like all that goes with owning a Harley. As long as everyone waves as I go by and is having fun.......who cares what they ride. A-13 Gromit

madmotorcyclist2001

harleys

Post by madmotorcyclist2001 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:59 pm

My first riding experience was with a Harley. I had a friend when I was in the Air Force in the early 60's who had bought a used Harley. However, he was so short he couldn't keep it up at the stop signs, so he took me along. On days when I was off and he was working, he let me take it out. This was in Anchorage, AK, and I took it on all kinds of back roads and off roads. It beat the hell out of me, but it was a real blast. The only Harley I owned was a Sprint 250 CC. I believe that was during the AMF years and the Harley Sprint was an Italian import. I'd would sure love to have it back again. I wouldn't own a Harley today just because I'm not interested in cruisers. I prefer a KLR for fishing and hunting, and a sport bike for fun. But if cruisers were my thing, I'd take a Harley at the right price. My biggest beef with the Haraley is that there are all kinds of cruisers out there that are just as good but a whole lot cheaper. Joe Grove Jonesboro, AR

Dale Steele

arrowhead motorsport falsely accused nklr

Post by Dale Steele » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:54 am

We've beat this nearly to death and hopefully encouraged the principals to sort things out. Hope so. In any case, my experience on this subject comes from buying my Dohickey from Fred probably back around 2006 and attending a fun rainy tech near Santa Rosa that Mike drove all the way up from southern California for. He helped me, read did most of the work, to install mine and commented on the quality business run by Fred. My experience exactly. It was a fun day with at least a dozen of us there and I didn't even stay for the bbq party that night. Good days & good people. It will be good to see it get back to that again. There's always an element that's small minded and control freak by nature. That's OK, just don't give them the power to do anything with it. Mostly lurking these days. Dale [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]