grease fitting kit for klr650

DSN_KLR650
gtx

wheelie

Post by gtx » Mon Jan 01, 2001 6:01 am

i just caught the vid on mo[motorcycle online],looks easy enough,so how come i can only manage about 5metres on a good day,i remember the time[grandpa Simpson eat your heart out]when i did a 65/70metre wheelie [yam dt250]
you know the kind of thing ,ist run out of revs,click into 2nd,3rd and try to max the distance without fallen off the back cause by this time youre pullen 50+mph.
I am now going to have a go, so if you dont here from me for a while,you'll know i am not the wheelie king i used to think i was.
                                                                            Gary and his amazing monowheeling klr? 

Jim Barthell

wheelie

Post by Jim Barthell » Mon Jan 01, 2001 1:48 pm

I'm not a wheelie kind of guy but I do own a copy of "On Any Sunday" that has a trials rider going down the road and off into the sunset on one wheel, speed and acceleration did not appear to be part of the equation.   Just an observation   Jim Barthell  
-----Original Message----- [b]From:[/b] gtx [mailto:gtxapache@...] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, January 01, 2001 6:10 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] wheelie i just caught the vid on mo[motorcycle online],looks easy enough,so how come i can only manage about 5metres on a good day,i remember the time[grandpa Simpson eat your heart out]when i did a 65/70metre wheelie [yam dt250] you know the kind of thing ,ist run out of revs,click into 2nd,3rd and try to max the distance without fallen off the back cause by this time youre pullen 50+mph. I am now going to have a go, so if you dont here from me for a while,you'll know i am not the wheelie king i used to think i was.                                                                             Gary and his amazing monowheeling klr?  Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

gtx

wheelie

Post by gtx » Mon Jan 01, 2001 3:37 pm

----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] gtxapache@... [b]To:[/b] jimbarthell@... [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, January 01, 2001 9:41 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_klr650] wheelie hi Jim           you are quite right ,speed is not what its all about! but the only way i managed to do it ,is is by keeping the center of balance forward bio's and accelerating to maintain the front wheel up,instead of the correct way  to balance the bike by accelerating and decceleration!.However as i am now the ripe old age of 37, my sense of mortality keeps kicking in, and after todays attempts [10_15ft] i think i'll leave it to the pro's! by the way can you wheelie?all the best Gary ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] jimbarthell@... [b]To:[/b] gtxapache@... ; DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, January 01, 2001 7:45 PM [b]Subject:[/b] RE: [DSN_klr650] wheelie I'm not a wheelie kind of guy but I do own a copy of "On Any Sunday" that has a trials rider going down the road and off into the sunset on one wheel, speed and acceleration did not appear to be part of the equation.   Just an observation   Jim Barthell   -----Original Message----- [b]From:[/b] gtx [mailto:gtxapache@...] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, January 01, 2001 6:10 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] wheelie i just caught the vid on mo[motorcycle online],looks easy enough,so how come i can only manage about 5metres on a good day,i remember the time[grandpa Simpson eat your heart out]when i did a 65/70metre wheelie [yam dt250] you know the kind of thing ,ist run out of revs,click into 2nd,3rd and try to max the distance without fallen off the back cause by this time youre pullen 50+mph. I am now going to have a go, so if you dont here from me for a while,you'll know i am not the wheelie king i used to think i was.                                                                             Gary and his amazing monowheeling klr?  Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com
Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Jim Barthell

wheelie

Post by Jim Barthell » Mon Jan 01, 2001 4:59 pm

LOL ummm  no, at least I don't think so.... at least not intentionally.... Jim Barthell  
-----Original Message----- [b]From:[/b] gtx [mailto:gtxapache@...] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, January 01, 2001 3:45 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_klr650] wheelie   hi Jim by the way can you wheelie?all the best Gary  

Rob Tayloe

wheelie

Post by Rob Tayloe » Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:51 pm

Not to mention that kid on the bicycle.... :-) (You'll know what I mean if you've seen the movie. If you haven't seen it, then by all means do so, it is truely a classic and an excellent way to help the winter blues pass).   Ride Safely, Rob Tayloe nukemoto@... Columbus, Ohio  
----- Original Message ----- I'm not a wheelie kind of guy but I do own a copy of "On Any Sunday" that has a trials rider going down the road and off into the sunset on one wheel...  

Rev.Chuck

wheelie

Post by Rev.Chuck » Mon Jan 01, 2001 8:13 pm

I can not agree more: torque, gearing, balance, traction all aid in the wheelie formula. I rode my Bro-n-law's first bike (A FZR600 of all) and had a suprise when I tried to bring it up like I do with the KLR. It had zero bottom end torque, but once the rev's cought up with the twisting wrist, I was GONE! Albeit the front wheel was still planted on the road. I had to work at launching that front wheel. Now, zero to infinity and beyond in lets say three nano-seconds is impressive, but if you can't unicycle safely, forget it! Something about having the handlebars level with the front axel is not what I call comfort either. I'll stick with the KLR... ;^)
>I'm >not a wheelie kind of guy but I do own a copy of "On Any Sunday" that has a >trials rider going down the road and off into the sunset on one wheel, speed and >acceleration did not appear to be part of the equation.
== Rev. Chuck :^)>+ A13 http://klr650.50megs.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ _____________________________________________________________

jlabate@dakotacom.net

wheelie

Post by jlabate@dakotacom.net » Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:12 pm

here's a cute video for the cold winter months - http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item= 597113159

aminklr650

wheelie

Post by aminklr650 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:19 am

Today I went for my longest wheelie yet... I got over 250 feet far I think... I guess the key is to get your RPM pretty darn high and let go of the clutch pretty damn fast and hold on for the ride... if you have any doubts don't do the wheelie... the aftermath will be terrible if it isn't done correctly. Otherwise it was one of the biggest thrills I have ever experienced on the KLR 650!!! I'm gonna try and do it again and get some pics if possible... mabey a video if my friend is up to it... Thanks for reading and be safe if you do it, Amin

John thomas

wheelie

Post by John thomas » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:16 am

Geezzzz that just smishes my 36 ft lol aminklr650 wrote: Today I went for my longest wheelie yet... I got over 250 feet far I think... I guess the key is to get your RPM pretty darn high and let go of the clutch pretty damn fast and hold on for the ride... if you have any doubts don't do the wheelie... the aftermath will be terrible if it isn't done correctly. Otherwise it was one of the biggest thrills I have ever experienced on the KLR 650!!! I'm gonna try and do it again and get some pics if possible... mabey a video if my friend is up to it... Thanks for reading and be safe if you do it, Amin Thomas 90 Tengai 18,120 miles Forest Park Ga. --------------------------------- Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kevin V. Rury

wheelie

Post by Kevin V. Rury » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:09 pm

Ok I posted to the wrong message. Please no more ribbing. You will be senile some day too! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]