looking for klr 650 rims was [dsn_klr650] still parting klr 65

DSN_KLR650
yamadog4

ims foot pegs

Post by yamadog4 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:56 pm

Help ..... anyone installed these??? I'm not normally stupid ... sometimes my wife says I'm a bit slow (lol),but how the hell do you hook up the springs?? Any help would greatly be appreciated by this "sometimes" slow middle aged man! Thanks in advance! Greg

CA Stu

ims foot pegs

Post by CA Stu » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:00 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "yamadog4" wrote:
> Help ..... anyone installed these??? I'm not normally stupid ... > sometimes my wife says I'm a bit slow (lol),but how the hell do you > hook up the springs?? Any help would greatly be appreciated by > this "sometimes" slow middle aged man! Thanks in advance! > > Greg
Keep working, you'll figure it out. You have to hook the spring around the bottom of the peg mount and apply a bit of preload to it on one side, but after monkeying with it, it's self explanatory. Good Luck CA Stu

Mike Torst

ims foot pegs

Post by Mike Torst » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:08 pm

-----Original Message----- From: CA Stu [mailto:s2mumford@...] Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 4:00 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: IMS foot pegs
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "yamadog4" wrote: > Help ..... anyone installed these??? I'm not normally stupid ... > sometimes my wife says I'm a bit slow (lol),but how the hell do you > hook up the springs?? Any help would greatly be appreciated by > this "sometimes" slow middle aged man! Thanks in advance! > > Greg Keep working, you'll figure it out. You have to hook the spring around the bottom of the peg mount and apply a bit of preload to it on one side, but after monkeying with it, it's self explanatory. Good Luck CA Stu http://lasvegasrider.smugmug.com/gallery/69225/168/8857111 Browse the link for additional photos. Mike Torst A16 aka lasvegasrider

sethshaun

ims foot pegs

Post by sethshaun » Fri May 20, 2005 4:35 pm

just got the IMS foot pegs ( cause dual-star was out of em ) and since the teeth are higher than the stock rubbers i have trouble getting big dumb foot in between there to shift, constanly missing gears. should i just change boots ( i know some may say neh-neh but i am a die hard ASOLO hiking boot fan ) or is there something else i can do. i already moved the shifter up a notch and it was way too high. do i need to get used to it? is that the way it is with all the other brands of pegs?

clutz003

ims foot pegs

Post by clutz003 » Fri May 20, 2005 6:56 pm

I posted the same thing a couple of days ago, however I also had the Dual Star shifter. I had a couple of responses that the IMS shifter is a bit longer than both the stock and the Dual Star. I ordered one several days ago but it has yet to arrive. Craig A18 San Jose CA --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "sethshaun" wrote:
> just got the IMS foot pegs ( cause dual-star was out of em ) and
since
> the teeth are higher than the stock rubbers i have trouble getting
big
> dumb foot in between there to shift, constanly missing gears.
should
> i just change boots ( i know some may say neh-neh but i am a die
hard
> ASOLO hiking boot fan ) or is there something else i can do. i > already moved the shifter up a notch and it was way too high. do
i
> need to get used to it? is that the way it is with all the other > brands of pegs?

Eric L. Green

ims foot pegs

Post by Eric L. Green » Fri May 20, 2005 11:34 pm

On Fri, 20 May 2005, sethshaun wrote:
> just got the IMS foot pegs ( cause dual-star was out of em ) and since > the teeth are higher than the stock rubbers i have trouble getting big > dumb foot in between there to shift, constanly missing gears. should > i just change boots ( i know some may say neh-neh but i am a die hard > ASOLO hiking boot fan ) or is there something else i can do. i
Get the matching IMS shift lever, if you don't already have it. It's a little bit longer than the stock one, giving you a little bit more room to get your foot in there. _E

oldrider25

ims foot pegs

Post by oldrider25 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:33 pm

I opted for the IMS pegs instead of the offset Moose pegs 'cuz they came with springs for the same price. I wonder if I made a mistake. The Moose pegs are offset 1/2" - does that make a big difference? My MX boot can barely fit under the shifter and the brake pedal is way low. I can't adjust the pedal upwards b/c of interference with the case. Grrrr..... When standing on the pegs, the shifter position is great. Sitting down: sucks. I suppose everything's a compromise. John

Rick

ims foot pegs

Post by Rick » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:02 pm

I added the aftermarket pegs a few years ago and had the same issue of having to bend my ankle at a very strange angle to use the rear brake. I cured the issue by adding as large a diameter bolt that goes through the brake peg hole and using big flat washers ( and a nut) to shim it up to level with the peg. Works like a charm.
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "oldrider25" wrote: > > I opted for the IMS pegs instead of the offset Moose pegs 'cuz they came with springs for the > same price. I wonder if I made a mistake. The Moose pegs are offset 1/2" - does that make > a big difference? My MX boot can barely fit under the shifter and the brake pedal is way low. > I can't adjust the pedal upwards b/c of interference with the case. Grrrr..... When standing > on the pegs, the shifter position is great. Sitting down: sucks. I suppose everything's a > compromise. > > John >

oldrider25

ims foot pegs

Post by oldrider25 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:10 pm

That's a great idea - Thanks! I'll give it a shot. John
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "rick" wrote: > > I added the aftermarket pegs a few years ago and had the same issue of > having to bend my ankle at a very strange angle to use the rear brake. > I cured the issue by adding as large a diameter bolt that goes through > the brake peg hole and using big flat washers ( and a nut) to shim it > up to level with the peg. Works like a charm. > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "oldrider25" wrote: > > > > I opted for the IMS pegs instead of the offset Moose pegs 'cuz they > came with springs for the > > same price. I wonder if I made a mistake. The Moose pegs are > offset 1/2" - does that make > > a big difference? My MX boot can barely fit under the shifter and > the brake pedal is way low. > > I can't adjust the pedal upwards b/c of interference with the case. > Grrrr..... When standing > > on the pegs, the shifter position is great. Sitting down: sucks. > I suppose everything's a > > compromise. > > > > John > > >

MtGoat

ims foot pegs

Post by MtGoat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:47 am

The foorpegs that rotate have the option of installing two ways...one provides for more clearance (now I don't remember if it was forward and back or up and down). I had to do the bolt through the brake routine and went to a Dual Star folding shifter...works great. I checked with Happy Trails last week and the bolt through the brake pedal is still the preferred fix. Pat [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]