choke problem?

DSN_KLR650
C. Martin

old geezer , aarp ? nklr

Post by C. Martin » Thu May 31, 2007 9:56 am

You bunch of young puppies don't qualify for Old Geezer until you can draw full Social Security. 71 in Sept and will quit riding when I can't get my leg over the bike. maybe a Burgman in my future. C. Martin - Carrollton, TX WWW.geocities.com/cbmw1150 1999 KLR 650 "Black" 2005 R1200GS "Red" --------------------------------- Finding fabulous fares is fun. Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Andrus Chesley

old geezer , aarp ? nklr

Post by Andrus Chesley » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:50 am

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "C. Martin" wrote:
> > You bunch of young puppies don't qualify for Old Geezer until you
can draw full Social Security. 71 in Sept and will quit riding when I can't get my leg over the bike. maybe a Burgman in my future.
> > > > C. Martin - Carrollton, TX > WWW.geocities.com/cbmw1150 > 1999 KLR 650 "Black" > 2005 R1200GS "Red" >
My hat is off to yu old Geezer. ;-). Once I met a guy from the Chitown area at a Cold Winter Campout at Hot Spring Arkansas. His name was Ed. Bent up legs, hobbling around the drums we had to use for campfires; old back faded leathers, old airhead BMW. He was 82 years old and had rode down for the Rally there. I was about 52 at the time. Told me he'd been riding for 60 years. I said " Gee Ed, I need to grow for 8 more years just to be that old". Was a great meeting and bonding with an Old Geezer I'll never forget. '43 Andy > offshore Louisiana

Dave Svoboda

old geezer , aarp ? nklr

Post by Dave Svoboda » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:14 pm

At 03:49 AM 6/1/2007, Andrus Chesley wrote:
>My hat is off to yu old Geezer. ;-). Once I met a guy from the >Chitown area at a Cold Winter Campout at Hot Spring Arkansas. His >name was Ed. Bent up legs, hobbling around the drums we had to use >for campfires; old back faded leathers, old airhead BMW. He was 82 >years old and had rode down for the Rally there. I was about 52 at >the time. Told me he'd been riding for 60 years. I said " Gee Ed, I >need to grow for 8 more years just to be that old". Was a great >meeting and bonding with an Old Geezer I'll never forget.
I wonder if that was Ed Culberson, author of "Obsessions Die Hard", about his ride the entire length of the Pan American Highway, including across the Darien Gap. He's been described as the "Tom Sawyer of Motorcycling." He was also a Denizen of Doom. I met Ed at the Bulow campground, during Daytona Bike Week of 1994. I chatted with the old hobbling guy at breakfast, and thought he was just an interesting old guy. Afterwards someone pointed out that it was the famous Ed Culberson, who's book I'd read previously. I would have loved to ask him about Amigo and his adventures. He died of Lou Gehrig's disease the next year. - Dave Svoboda, Sandy Eggo

Michael Nelson

old geezer , aarp ? nklr

Post by Michael Nelson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:22 am

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 05:14:30PM -0700, Dave Svoboda wrote:
> He was also a Denizen of Doom.
I was too, although I don't remember my number. -- "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open manhole and die." -- Mel Brooks San Francisco, CA

Keaven D. Bailey

choke problem?

Post by Keaven D. Bailey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:17 am

I have a KLR that set up one winter. I tanked and rebuilt the carb and it runs great, but will not cold start. I think I have the "choke" (fuel enrichment) way off. How far should the cable pull the piston?