old tank bag

DSN_KLR650
nevadamontagu

heated vests

Post by nevadamontagu » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Soliciting opinions on the pros/cons of Tour Master, Widder, Aerostich.... I'm looking for a no-frills, collarless, thin, durable vest. I'm not concerned with which is cheapest. I plan on using a heat troller. Thanks, -N

George Basinet

heated vests

Post by George Basinet » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Widder is no longer in business. George. nevadamontagu wrote:
> > > Soliciting opinions on the pros/cons of Tour Master, Widder, Aerostich.... > > I'm looking for a no-frills, collarless, thin, durable vest. I'm not > concerned with which is cheapest. > > I plan on using a heat troller. > > Thanks, > -N > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG. > Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.12/1373 - Release Date: 4/11/2008 9:17 AM

Garrett Smith

heated vests

Post by Garrett Smith » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Have a look at the WarmNsafe heated gear. I use, and sell, it and love it. But don't believe me. check out AdvRider for rider reviews. Garrett George Basinet wrote: Widder is no longer in business. George. nevadamontagu wrote:
> > > Soliciting opinions on the pros/cons of Tour Master, Widder, Aerostich.... > > I'm looking for a no-frills, collarless, thin, durable vest. I'm not > concerned with which is cheapest. > > I plan on using a heat troller. > > Thanks, > -N > > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------- > > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG. > Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.12/1373 - Release Date: 4/11/2008 9:17 AM
Garrett Smith Calgary Alberta www.adventuremototech.com 1-877-216-7927 --------------------------------- Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

E.L. Green

heated vests

Post by E.L. Green » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, George Basinet wrote:
> > Widder is no longer in business.
??? Their web site is still up, and dealers still have their product in stock. Has something happened recently that I don't know about?! BTW, Widder vests are very "old school", but have one virtue - they are very energy-thrifty. However, now that Warm'n'Safe has a low-watts version of their jacket liner, the Widder vests are no longer particularly attractive, their fit is not adjustable and the connectors are very old-skool.

Jud Jones

heated vests

Post by Jud Jones » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:11 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "nevadamontagu" wrote:
> > Soliciting opinions on the pros/cons of Tour Master, Widder, Aerostich.... > > I'm looking for a no-frills, collarless, thin, durable vest. I'm not > concerned with which is cheapest. > > I plan on using a heat troller. >
Eclipse used to sell a very basic collarless vest. I don't know if they are even still in business.

David C.

heated vests

Post by David C. » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Top posted 'cause I'm digested.... Widder's web site indicates that they will not warranty anything after December 2008, but nothing else I saw there indicated that they are not still selling vests, at least for the time being. Maybe they are winding up the business? That would be a shame, as they have been very strong supporters of the LDR community and heavily involved in the IBR scene. That being said, I have a basic Widder vest, and I love it. Simple and does what I want it to do. It replaced an Eclipse vest, which was apparently a good vest, but it was too big for me and didn't transfer the heat to my body very well. The guy that has it now is really happy with it, as it is more appropriate to his...er...girth. Eclipse is no longer in the electric vest business. Dave C
>1a. Re: Heated Vests > Posted by: "E.L. Green" eric@... e_l_green > Date: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:46 pm ((PDT)) > >--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, George Basinet wrote: > > > Widder is no longer in business. > >??? > >Their web site is still up, and dealers still have their product in >stock. Has something happened recently that I don't know about?! > >BTW, Widder vests are very "old school", but have one virtue - they >are very energy-thrifty. However, now that Warm'n'Safe has a low-watts >version of their jacket liner, the Widder vests are no longer >particularly attractive, their fit is not adjustable and the >connectors are very old-skool. > > > > >Messages in this topic (5) >________________________________________________________________________ >1b. Re: Heated Vests > Posted by: "Jud Jones" judjonzz@... judjonzz > Date: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 pm ((PDT)) > >--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "nevadamontagu" wrote: > > > Soliciting opinions on the pros/cons of Tour Master, Widder, Aerostich.... > > > > I'm looking for a no-frills, collarless, thin, durable vest. I'm not > > concerned with which is cheapest. > > > > I plan on using a heat troller. > >Eclipse used to sell a very basic collarless vest. I don't know if >they are even still in business. >

George Basinet

heated vests

Post by George Basinet » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:31 pm

I got the information in the last March issue of CityBike. George David C. wrote:
> > > Top posted 'cause I'm digested.... > > Widder's web site indicates that they will not warranty anything > after December 2008, but nothing else I saw there indicated that they > are not still selling vests, at least for the time being. Maybe they > are winding up the business? That would be a shame, as they have > been very strong supporters of the LDR community and heavily involved > in the IBR scene. That being said, I have a basic Widder vest, and I > love it. Simple and does what I want it to do. It replaced an > Eclipse vest, which was apparently a good vest, but it was too big > for me and didn't transfer the heat to my body very well. The guy > that has it now is really happy with it, as it is more appropriate to > his...er...girth. Eclipse is no longer in the electric vest business. > > Dave C > > >1a. Re: Heated Vests > > Posted by: "E.L. Green" eric@... > e_l_green > > Date: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:46 pm ((PDT)) > > > >--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com > , George Basinet wrote: > > > > > Widder is no longer in business. > > > >??? > > > >Their web site is still up, and dealers still have their product in > >stock. Has something happened recently that I don't know about?! > > > >BTW, Widder vests are very "old school", but have one virtue - they > >are very energy-thrifty. However, now that Warm'n'Safe has a low-watts > >version of their jacket liner, the Widder vests are no longer > >particularly attractive, their fit is not adjustable and the > >connectors are very old-skool. > > > > > > > > > >Messages in this topic (5) > >__________________________________________________________ > >1b. Re: Heated Vests > > Posted by: "Jud Jones" judjonzz@... > judjonzz > > Date: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 pm ((PDT)) > > > >--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com > , "nevadamontagu" > wrote: > > > > > Soliciting opinions on the pros/cons of Tour Master, Widder, > Aerostich.... > > > > > > I'm looking for a no-frills, collarless, thin, durable vest. I'm not > > > concerned with which is cheapest. > > > > > > I plan on using a heat troller. > > > >Eclipse used to sell a very basic collarless vest. I don't know if > >they are even still in business. > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG. > Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.12/1374 - Release Date: 4/11/2008 4:59 PM

Rick

heated vests

Post by Rick » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:51 pm

I love this reply that Widders connectors are very old skool. The wife and I both have Widder vests and gloves and love them. We also both have KLR's and to boot, we are both 55 or older. Wow, talk about old skool, we wear it, we ride it and we are it.
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "E.L. Green" wrote: > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, George Basinet wrote: > > > > Widder is no longer in business. > > ??? > > Their web site is still up, and dealers still have their product in > stock. Has something happened recently that I don't know about?! > > BTW, Widder vests are very "old school", but have one virtue - they > are very energy-thrifty. However, now that Warm'n'Safe has a low-watts > version of their jacket liner, the Widder vests are no longer > particularly attractive, their fit is not adjustable and the > connectors are very old-skool. >

D Critchley

old tank bag

Post by D Critchley » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Some-one wanted to know if the 2007 Kawa Tank bag fitted a 2008, and I never saw an answer.I just did exactly that on on mine. Fits the same, attaches the same. DC