1984 kawasaki klr600

DSN_KLR650
martin polach

e-mail diarrhea

Post by martin polach » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Sorry to sound like a grumpy old man (Which I am) but PLEASE, when replying to a previous post it is not necessary to repost every previous comment! The latest series between Mike and Jeff...."Running out of Gas on the Freeway..etc" was a perfect example of needless copy!! M. Polach [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Jacobus De Bruyn

e-mail diarrhea

Post by Jacobus De Bruyn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:11 am

I get grumpy as hill at times, and I am not very proficient with computers and all that, but you can program your yahoo so that it will not endlessly repeat whole messages over and over and over again. If I did it, it must be very simple. Please...! About the problems lately with bikes dying while riding..bring a horse..change the vacuum petcock to a normal petcock? Clean the tank, and then use seafoam or equivalent. Eliminate te sidestand knock-off, and the relay that controls the other relay, the starting relay. Humidity and green corrosion iside the connecting plugs? Clean the carb? Learn Arabic or French? My KLR is still waiting for my attention, after sudden unpredictible battery failures, that come and go at will, not mine. I am getting tired of the thing, and I am starting to consider getting rid of it. Not a good thing to say on this list. Jacostarica. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Michael Nelson

e-mail diarrhea

Post by Michael Nelson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 am

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 05:55:26AM -0800, Jacobus De Bruyn wrote:
> French? My KLR is still waiting for my attention, > after sudden unpredictible battery failures, that come > and go at will, not mine. I am getting tired of the > thing, and I am starting to consider getting rid of > it.
Yes, I think you should do that, ASAP. Michael -- "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." -- Mark Twain San Francisco, CA

yamahonzuki

1984 kawasaki klr600

Post by yamahonzuki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Hey Folks, Just spoke to Fred at Arrowhead and he tells me that I should post a message here and avail myself of all your expertise. The subject line is where I'll start. This old bike only has about 3400 original miles. Hasn't been ridden since 1991. Belonged to my brother, he blew a fork seal and just parked it. Brought it home with me about a year ago, got her running and am hoping to find at least one very tough to come by item. I understand that Acerbis did at one time make an oversize fuel tank for this model. I've got feelers out in a few areas, but nothing solid yet. If anyone out here has a line on where I can find a tank in good shape, please contact me at lifeline00@... or (541) 923-2700. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide. As an aside, I got here from Googling and ran across an individual named Pippo from Italy that made reference to this tank in a different forum. If Pippo is still out here or if someone knows how to contact him, please have him contact me also. Thanks again!!! Mark Berry