lineal humanity (aka butt-crack) what you're dying to know/afraid to

DSN_KLR650
traderpro2003

lineal humanity (aka butt-crack) what you're dying to know/afraid to

Post by traderpro2003 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:46 am

Folks, my email is flooding. So I'm going to post a reply that should take cover most. Still special needs/concerns will be replied in the order received...I'm listening. I've changed the names to protect confidentiality considering the sensitive nature of the matter. ----- Original Message ---- From: revmaaatin
>
That was funny! But just how do you ever show so 'little'? and how are you so certain that it is only 1"? Rev - I'm so glad you asked. Without getting too far into science, you have to consider and [more importantly] compensate for a derivative of what is called Coreolis Effect. There are many factors and forces at play including garment selection, compensation/support, temperature, relative humidity, etc., but the key takeaway and driver is the radius of the gut. You see, the bigger the girth the greater the risk and corresponding multiplier used in calculating unfettered lineal reveal. As for me...mathematically, my dimensions, garment selection, assuming 75-deg F, and upto 80% relative humidity it works out to under a 1" threshold. And in real life I've never exceeded this threshold in the field (so to speak). In my lifelong experience after bending each and every day, I've never recovered anything bigger than a U.S. quarter--which measures precisely 15/16ths of an inch. Now, you get into a half dollar situation or even higher...into the "miscellaneous items" brackets, and there's periodic maintenance during the day. I've never had this. You following me? Think construction guys here. It's where suspenders (or braces in Europe) originated. You know...that guy you call "Tiny" on a construction job...the REAL rotund guy...and always looking for his cordless drill. Poor bugger, "That's no holster!," he cries. Brian who takes his vertical smile very seriously Merry Christmas, all! and...Rev, sorry about the name-thing...doubt anyone will even read this ;)

martin polach

dropping and picking up the darn thing!

Post by martin polach » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:08 am

I don't claim to be a strong fellow but have picked it up several times in one day...Riding through the Mountains / hills above Moab on the way to Colorado. Heavy rain turned the dust to super slippery goo, clogging the wheels and reducing travel to about 1 1/2 mph of precarious balance..plus intermittant heavy showers...footing was treacherous...but faced the beast, grabbed the rear rack with one hand and the bar end with the other, pushed and lifted at the same time...definitely not easy but ....I am over 60...and managed about 5 times in a coupleof hours. Once I hit pavement on the far side...late atnight...moonlight, glistening highway, motor purring, pure and absolute magic!!!!! Ended up in some funky, one off motel...old style...owner insisted on helping me wash off the bike the following morning...just a touch of pure Americana...and I'm a Canadian.... I tend to savour the memories of the tougher rides... It is all good fun just as long as one does not take it too seriously. Cheers & the best of Christmas to one and all Martin (From the Great White North...and it is really White this year!) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]