2002 klr for sale in texas

DSN_KLR650
Everett Sloan

jetson or jardine?

Post by Everett Sloan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:58 pm

My POS supertrapp is falling apart, time for a new muffler. I was recommended the Jardine pipe, checked it out on KLR650.com. Seems nice, price is reasonable, but hard to find any reviews on the RT-4. Second option is the Jetson exhaust that keeps popping up on ebay, reasonably priced. It can be seen here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-JETSON-KAWASAKI-KLR650-KLX650L-KLX650S- PIPE- MUFFLER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQihZ002QQitemZ120147026359QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I realize that there is not much more power to be had in the KLR, but these are both nicer looking and lighter than stock. And they sound better than my tweety stocker. Any opinions on either pipe?

Rick

jetson or jardine?

Post by Rick » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:12 pm

I have a Jardine on my bike and like it. I have had no problems with it and have had it installed for over a year. I like that fact that it does not hard mount to the frame, like your Supertrap. It has a stainless band, with silicon, that encircles the muffler. This allows it to move with heat and vibration. Rick
> My POS supertrapp is falling apart, time for a new muffler. I was
recommended the Jardine
> pipe, checked it out on KLR650.com. Seems nice, price is
reasonable, but hard to find any
> reviews on the RT-4. > > Second option is the Jetson exhaust that keeps popping up on ebay,
reasonably priced. It can
KLX650S-
> PIPE- >
MUFFLER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQihZ002QQitemZ120147026359QQ rdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
> > > I realize that there is not much more power to be had in the KLR,
but these are both nicer
> looking and lighter than stock. And they sound better than my
tweety stocker.
> > Any opinions on either pipe? >

Blake Sobiloff

jetson or jardine?

Post by Blake Sobiloff » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:40 pm

On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Rick wrote:
> I have a Jardine on my bike and like it. I have had no problems > with it and have had it installed for over a year.
Hmmm, it looks like it has a spark arrester, too. Does it ever need repacking? How loud is it? I'd love an exhaust that doesn't need repacking, has a spark arrester, and is as quiet as stock--but that has a better tone to it (and no tweety). -- Blake Sobiloff http://www.sobiloff.com/> San Jose, CA (USA)

Rick

jetson or jardine?

Post by Rick » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Would you settle fot 2 out of 3 :) ? It has required no repacking as does have an arrester. It's USFS approved. However, it can be pretty loud when you get on it. It certainly sounds good, to my ears anyway. Rick
> Hmmm, it looks like it has a spark arrester, too. Does it ever
need
> repacking? How loud is it? > > I'd love an exhaust that doesn't need repacking, has a spark > arrester, and is as quiet as stock--but that has a better tone to
it
> (and no tweety). > -- > Blake Sobiloff > http://www.sobiloff.com/> > San Jose, CA (USA) >

Blake Sobiloff

jetson or jardine?

Post by Blake Sobiloff » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm

On Aug 7, 2007, at 4:54 PM, Rick wrote:
> Would you settle fot 2 out of 3 :) ? It has required no repacking > as does have an arrester. It's USFS approved. However, it can be > pretty loud when you get on it. It certainly sounds good, to my > ears anyway.
I see that Jardine offers a "quiet ring" for them; any experience with that? -- Blake Sobiloff http://www.sobiloff.com/> San Jose, CA (USA)

Joel Nelson

jetson or jardine?

Post by Joel Nelson » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Gentlemen, I have installed a Jardine pipe on my 05 KLR650. At first I didn't rejet. It worked so well w/o doing anything I thought , why mess with the carb. Most feed back from this site states the KLR650 is set very lean from the factory. So I went to the BikeBandit site and got a DynoJet stage 2 kit. Followed the instructions except I didn't use the 1/8 " drill to the needle valve seat. I backed out the air/fuel mix 3 1/2 times , replaced the needle set per the instructions. My bike runs incredibly smooth at all RPM levels , has excellent throttle response and the engine seems to run cooler. Prior to this modification I noticed piston slap and certain times and on hard excelleration. The engine is very smooth and no vibration. Only down side is noise. Its pretty loud. I recently found Jardine has Billet plugs with an "O" ring that fit into the billet end cap. This will help make it more quiet. I will let you know if this effects the performance. Right now I am so impressed with this modification I don't want to touch it ....Period... Regards, Sparks454. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

J Fortner

jetson or jardine?

Post by J Fortner » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:40 pm

So these mods corrected the "piston slap"? Or can you just not hear it now? http://www.pistonslap.com/ -jf
On 8/8/07, Joel Nelson wrote: > > Gentlemen, I have installed a Jardine pipe on my 05 KLR650. At first I > didn't rejet. It worked so well w/o doing anything I thought , why mess with > the carb. Most feed back from this site states the KLR650 is set very lean > from the factory. So I went to the BikeBandit site and got a DynoJet stage 2 > kit. Followed the instructions except I didn't use the 1/8 " drill to the > needle valve seat. I backed out the air/fuel mix 3 1/2 times , replaced the > needle set per the instructions. > My bike runs incredibly smooth at all RPM levels , has excellent throttle > response and the engine seems to run cooler. Prior to this modification I > noticed piston slap and certain times and on hard excelleration. The > engine is very smooth and no vibration. > Only down side is noise. Its pretty loud. I recently found Jardine has > Billet plugs with an "O" ring that fit into the billet end cap. This will > help make it more quiet. I will let you know if this effects the > performance. Right now I am so impressed with this modification I don't want > to touch it ....Period... Regards, Sparks454. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Rick

jetson or jardine?

Post by Rick » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:42 pm

I answered this last night, but I guess it never posted. Anyway, no I haven't heard of that and didn't know it was available. Rick
> I see that Jardine offers a "quiet ring" for them; any experience > with that? > -- > Blake Sobiloff > http://www.sobiloff.com/> > San Jose, CA (USA) >

wpsteig

2002 klr for sale in texas

Post by wpsteig » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:58 pm

Hey folks, I'm selling my 2002 KLR. I've not ridden it for several years and just put a new battery, gas, oil, new tags and inspection, so it's ready to ride away from Tyler, Tx. 3964 miles on it right now. I'm the second owner and neither of us rode it very much. There are some scratches from low speed dumps, the right side cover end is melted from saddle bag trapping exhausts heat. Several add on mods: rear disk sharkfin, serated foot pegs, Dual Star shifter, upgrade subframe bolt, Acer hand guards, fork brace, beautiful reflective safety tape on body parts, etc. No doohicky mod. I'd planned on cross country riding, but only found the time for a few day rides and am not likely to ever go to Alaska or South America on the bike. So, if you are interested, give me a shout. I'm asking $2500, but will consider offers. Pictures here http://www.boomerangs.us/KLR650.htm Pat Tyler Tx