carburetor jetting- long...

DSN_KLR650
Wilmotte, Todd

tank panniers

Post by Wilmotte, Todd » Fri Apr 28, 2000 8:50 pm

No offense Steve but I noticed via your web page (very nice page.. awesome bike) that you are 5' 7" tall....That's nearly two feet shorter than me (6'5") but based on your pics, it looks like maybe my knees wouldn't be smackin' the panniers after all. Thanks for the response...BTW, what tires do you run? Todd
> -----Original Message----- > From: Steve/Amy Becker [SMTP:sabecker@...] > Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 7:22 PM > To: Todd Wilmotte > Subject: Tank panniers > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Todd Wilmotte > To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com DSN_klr650@egroups.com> > Date: Thursday, April 27, 2000 4:32 PM > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Too tall for tank panniers?? > > > >Howdy, > > Todd I have some pic on my web site > http://www.angelfire.com/on2/thecycleward > I dont think you will have any problems with them. > >Recently I've been considering purchasing the "Competition" style > >tank panniers from Aerostich but am wondering if my knees (36" inseam) > >would be rubbing against bags. My knees extend about 3" in front of > >Kawasaki tank bag as is. Will the panniers work in conjunction with > >tank bag w/o blocking filler cap..... > > > >Todd > > > > > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >Was the salesman clueless? Productopia has the answers. > >http://click.egroups.com/1/3019/3/_/911801/_/956878337/ > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > > >Visit the KLR650 archives at > >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >

Tom Bowman

tank panniers

Post by Tom Bowman » Fri May 26, 2000 6:15 am

If anyone has a set of Aerostich Tank Panniers on their KLR and could supply some photos, I'd be much obliged. Am considering a set but would like to see how they mount, fit, and look. TIA, Tom Bowman Atlanta

gienappt@scip.net

tank panniers

Post by gienappt@scip.net » Sat Jul 08, 2000 9:38 am

The tank panniers seem to be popular with KLR listers, I read Gino's review of them on the KLR page. My main concern is knee room, I am 6"3" tall and on tight trails I sit as far forward on the seat as I can. Under these conditions will they be in the way? Tim

Scherer, Michael

tank panniers

Post by Scherer, Michael » Thu Nov 02, 2000 8:19 am

I am going to buy Aerostich Tank Panniers today. Which ones do I want, standard or competition? I am 6 ft 2 in. I know there is some advantage to the competition size for tall riders. What does the borg think? Biker Mike

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

tank panniers

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Thu Nov 02, 2000 12:07 pm

I am going to buy Aerostich Tank Panniers today. Which ones do I want, standard or competition? I am 6 ft 2 in. I know there is some advantage to the competition size for tall riders. What does the borg think? Biker Mike __________ Either one will work Michael even with your height... Kurt

tank panniers

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 02, 2000 12:53 pm

> I am going to buy Aerostich Tank Panniers today. Which ones do I want, > standard or competition? I am 6 ft 2 in. I know there is some advantage
to
> the competition size for tall riders. What does the borg think? > > Biker Mike
The standard size works for me. MotorMark

rene.maillet@chrc-ccdp.ca

tank panniers

Post by rene.maillet@chrc-ccdp.ca » Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:13 am

I have been looking at Wolfman tank panniers. Questions for listers: - do they hang over, and block the left side radiator fan heat outlet? (that triangular piece of plastic screen in the shroud) - Do any of the tank panniers contribute to overheating? - Do they effect handling at all? Do they effect gas mileage due to increased air resistance? - Any suggestions on which are best, Aerostitch, Chase Harper, (Ortleib)? Note that I have saddle bags and tank bag, so I only need the tank panniers for overflow,water,spare gas...Any feedback will be appreciated.

les123@home.com

tank panniers

Post by les123@home.com » Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:07 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., rene.maillet@c... wrote:
> I have been looking at Wolfman tank panniers. Questions for
listers:
> > - do they hang over, and block the left side radiator fan heat > outlet? > (that triangular piece of plastic screen in the shroud) > - Do any of the tank panniers contribute to overheating? > - Do they effect handling at all? Do they effect gas mileage due to > increased air resistance? > - Any suggestions on which are best, Aerostitch, Chase Harper, > (Ortleib)? > Note that I have saddle bags and tank bag, so I only need the tank > panniers for overflow,water,spare gas...Any feedback will be > appreciated.
The 'stich panniers block the vent the way I hang them, but never an overheat problem for the bike's cooling system. With vent covered, the heat comes out of the back of the shroud onto your leg. I've kind of roasted my inner shin on a long hot day of riding at lower speeds while wearing Darien pants over shorts. I doubt they add much drag. Without 'em, your knees and lower legs would be presenting a similar area. Dave A14 Richmond

RM

tank panniers

Post by RM » Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:40 pm

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 les123@... wrote:
>The 'stich panniers block the vent the way I hang them, but never an >overheat problem for the bike's cooling system. With vent covered, the >heat comes out of the back of the shroud onto your leg.
Ooo! A heating system for those cold days! Now if we can just get the radiator up over the handlebars or maybe inside my jacket... RM

Krgrife@aol.com

tank panniers

Post by Krgrife@aol.com » Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:52 pm

In a message dated 2/7/01 11:09:02 AM Pacific Standard Time, les123@... writes: - do they hang over, and block the left side radiator fan heat
> outlet? > (that triangular piece of plastic screen in the shroud) > - Do any of the tank panniers contribute to overheating? >>
Since going with the IMS military style tank which eliminates the shrouds and their ventilation holes I have seen no difference on my temp guage. Evidently there is still plenty of air flow. Kurt Grife