new enough motorcycle clothing co.

DSN_KLR650
Thomas Baumen

radiator shrouds

Post by Thomas Baumen » Mon Mar 12, 2001 11:00 am

Any one out there in KLR land have a good used right side radiator shroud for a 1993 KLR? This is the side that the brake lever is on. It needs to be white for my bike and I always like to look for used before I buy new. Tom Baumen

ubskitech

radiator shrouds

Post by ubskitech » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:41 pm

I have an '87 KLR 650 that I need radiator shrouds for. I tried my local dealer, who I bought it from in 87 and had no luck. Are there any companies that make after market shrouds? I tried searching the web with no success either. I heard something about a military version of the bike that has the shrouds molded into the tank. Any ideas?

wld_champ

radiator shrouds

Post by wld_champ » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:58 pm

You should be able to put any of the plastic body parts from an A1 through an A14 (maybe even A16) on your bike. I have an A9 (1995) and I just put a gas tank and radiator shrouds from an A14 on it and they fit perfectly. Color was not an issue, because I had all the body parts coated with Line-X truckbed liner. You night have the collective check my claims as I am somewhat new here, but I have done a lot of research. Keep me in mind If you can verify that other year parts will work on your bike and I might be able to come up with some more parts.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "ubskitech" wrote: > I have an '87 KLR 650 that I need radiator shrouds for. I tried my > local dealer, who I bought it from in 87 and had no luck. Are there > any companies that make after market shrouds? I tried searching the > web with no success either. I heard something about a military > version of the bike that has the shrouds molded into the tank. Any > ideas?

nakedwaterskier

radiator shrouds

Post by nakedwaterskier » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:53 am

try hesperia diesel klr650 works...they are always on ebay

Tom Hayslett

radiator shrouds

Post by Tom Hayslett » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:19 pm

If they have anymore eBay auctions, you may want to grab up their parts. I purchased several parts from them last week (tank, RS, fairing, etc.) and picked them up. While there, they explained to me that when their excess parts are gone that's it - Kawasaki is starting to ship them rolling chassis so they won't be stripping down the bikes and selling the parts. Tom -----Original Message----- From: nakedwaterskier [mailto:nakedwaterskier@...] Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 12:53 AM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] radiator Shrouds try hesperia diesel klr650 works...they are always on ebay List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Yahoo! Groups Links

biggbiker@sbcglobal.net

radiator shrouds

Post by biggbiker@sbcglobal.net » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:03 am

Has any one boughten any shrouds lately? are the graphics priced seperatly? it is hard to tell on ron ayers.com T.I.A. Brian A-4 28K A-6 17K

cactus_reese

radiator shrouds

Post by cactus_reese » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:02 am

Yes and Yes. Shrouds come w/o graphics and the nuts holding the mounting brackets will still vibrate off in a few hundred miles if not locktited. -Bryan --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "biggbiker@s..." wrote:
> > Has any one boughten any shrouds lately? are the graphics priced > seperatly? it is hard to tell on ron ayers.com T.I.A. > > Brian > A-4 28K > A-6 17K >

Bill Lewis

new enough motorcycle clothing co.

Post by Bill Lewis » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:07 pm

Wow, I have had just the opposite from them. When I had to return a pair of boots that did not fit, they apoligized for my inconvience. I have purchsed 3 times from them in the last year and been happy. A coworker has also purchsed from them 3 or 4 times this year and had to return a pair of gloves and they refunded with out a problem. Maybe you hit a bad day. Bill Lewis ABC #2961 MOA #71656 TVR MSF RiderCoach/Professor of Motorcycleology Roanoke, Virginia 1990 BMW R100RT 2002 Kawasaki KLR "For me, riding seemed incredibly complex. It was like patting yourself on the head with your right hand and rubbing your stomach with the left while you danced an Irish jig." A new student just learning to ride
----- Original Message ----- From: Hedrek To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.comDSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:31 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] New Enough motorcycle clothing co. Anybody notice a drop off in service by these folks. I used to buy lots of stuff from them, then about a year ago got a rude, abrupt response to a reasonable complaint. Decided I wouldn't shop with them again, then fell for their email offering some good prices on pants and jacket, that I now need to return these items. Used to be returns were quick and easy, now I'm still waiting to get the OK to send this stuff back. Maybe that's what comes with growth. Hedrek __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650 ... earch.html> List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html> Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650> Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

radiator shrouds

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:20 pm

I just got a 1986 klr 600. I'd like to find radiator shrouds. Any help?