moab: slickrock trail pictures

DSN_KLR650
Bob in Bama

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Bob in Bama » Wed May 09, 2001 7:34 pm

2001 KLR 650 For Sale purchased in December.It has 2400 miles on it at this time I have installed the K&N filter kit and jet kit along with the airbox mod.I took the stock tires off and installed Avon Gripsters.I changed the grips out and also the hand protectors.I have installed the bash plate,along with the springs.I installed progressive springs up front.The bike is like new but not at a new price I want $3900.00 and I live in Alabama.Email me for a photo

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:51 pm

2001 klr 650 with 2000 miles, MAP engineering oversized front brake rotor, steel braided front brake lines for sale. $4000. SF bay area. email me if interested at pchatter@....

blueridgedualsport

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by blueridgedualsport » Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:49 am

2001 KLR, 2700 miles, new Dunlop 604 rear tire, highly maintained, showroom condition, tank bag and lg. Tour Master tail bag, tall and original windscreen. $4200 OBO. Blairsville, Ga. je

Lloyd Rauschkolb

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Lloyd Rauschkolb » Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:56 am

FOR SALE: 2001 KLR 650 (One Time Posting) I've tried it, and have decided that at my age Dual Sport riding is just a little too dangerous for me. Getting out of it altogether. Consequently, here is a super deal for somebody: Don't wait long, it will soon be gone! 2001 KLR 650 in excellent condition, with Less than 2800 miles on it. It comes with: Happy Trails saddlebag mounts with two 36 liter Givi side bags and a 45 liter Givi Top case, Progressive suspension --front, Pro Grips, aluminum Acerbis hand guards, Happy Trails foot pegs, PVC tool box attached to foot pegs, CB antennae, two Kawasaki Tank bags Rocky Mayer saddle (black leather) installed, Corbin black perforated leather saddle (dip style-- used once--great for short legged riders), spare gas tank (brand new never used), both factory manuals, spare rear factory sprocket and two spare front sprockets (14 and 15 tooth) BMW accessory plug, spare factory drive chain (brand new), Clearview Tall windscreen (installed), two stock short windscreens, Happy Trails skid plate, two stock skid plates, Aerostich front panniers, two spare tubes (new), new Avon Gripsters front and rear (less than 800 miles on them), spare clutch cable (new), Honda (no vibration) mirrors, extra set of front side covers (new), original handguards, original mirrors, spare headlight and taillight bulbs, and big box of valve shims. Valves were adjusted 800 miles ago. Additionally, have a wrecked 2000 KLR 650 (rear end run over by a car). Most damage was to rear end and rear wheel. Most other parts on bike are good. Some cosmetic damage to the plastic cowling.. Engine oil drain plug was damaged during the accident, causing the oil to leak. This is easily repairable, and I can find no other damage to the engine. The engine has less than 6000 miles on it. Left side Givi bag and Givi Top Case are good, but the right side Givi 36 liter bag is scruffed up and the locking mechanism is busted. Bag can be used though, with a new lock installed. Will sell all for $5500. Non negotiable. Terms: cash or cashiers check. I have clear titles on both bikes. First person to put the cash in my hand gets it all. Don't want to hassle with parting it all out. If not sold within a reasonable time, I will go ahead and sell the 2001 bike separately and deal with the hassle of parting out the wrecked bike parts separately. Also have a 20 or 22 liter Marsee teardrop Tank bag with rain cover---never used. Will not work well on a KLR, but will work on a BMW GS type bike. $85.00, shipping included inside the continental United States only. If interested, please reply to this email. Will forward pictures upon request. Lloyd Rauschkolb Gulfport, Ms. --------------------------------- Do You Yahoo!? Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! Greetings! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Matthew

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Matthew » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:16 am

WOW! wish i had 5500.00 that would set me in klr land for many a day! ===== Matthew A14 Tucson AZ ----------------------------------------------------------- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. john 3:16 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! Greetings! http://greetings.yahoo.com

Barnaby Robson

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Barnaby Robson » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:38 am

Sounds like a great deal for someone. But I didn't understand about the danger part. I have only ridden my KLR650 for a few miles but I feel very safe on it on the street .. The main advantage is the height .. i can see everything around me and hundreds of feet down the road. The fact that the bike is not a racer makes me inclined to go everywhere at a reasonable, safe pace. But yet it has plenty of torque to get me out of a tricky situation. The suspension is another great safety factor you can soak up some huge pot holes in the road or objects in your path by just getting up off the pegs and putting your weight back. I can think the only bike that is safer is possibly a bmw 1150 gs because it has ABS. Anyway ... good luck. Barnaby. -----Original Message----- From: Lloyd Rauschkolb [mailto:elfrederick@...] Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 7:56 AM To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] 2001 KLR 650 For Sale FOR SALE: 2001 KLR 650 (One Time Posting) I've tried it, and have decided that at my age Dual Sport riding is just a little too dangerous for me. Getting out of it altogether.

Lloyd Rauschkolb

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Lloyd Rauschkolb » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:54 am

Barnaby: Arthritis and age have combined to make off road riding excruciating for me. I'm going back to paved roads for good, which takes less of a toll on my mind and body. Lloyd Barnaby Robson wrote: Sounds like a great deal for someone. But I didn't understand about the danger part. I have only ridden my KLR650 for a few miles but I feel very safe on it on the street .. The main advantage is the height .. i can see everything around me and hundreds of feet down the road. The fact that the bike is not a racer makes me inclined to go everywhere at a reasonable, safe pace. But yet it has plenty of torque to get me out of a tricky situation. The suspension is another great safety factor you can soak up some huge pot holes in the road or objects in your path by just getting up off the pegs and putting your weight back. I can think the only bike that is safer is possibly a bmw 1150 gs because it has ABS. Anyway ... good luck. Barnaby. -----Original Message----- From: Lloyd Rauschkolb [mailto:elfrederick@...] Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 7:56 AM To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] 2001 KLR 650 For Sale FOR SALE: 2001 KLR 650 (One Time Posting) I've tried it, and have decided that at my age Dual Sport riding is just a little too dangerous for me. Getting out of it altogether. Checkout Dual Sport News at http://www.dualsportnews.com Be part of the Adventure! Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ --------------------------------- Do You Yahoo!? Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! Greetings! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:31 pm

Lloyd, Sorry to hear of your decision. Wish I could take advantage of what I am sure is a great buy. On a different note, how are you and yours holding up? You and your family have been in our prayers for many months now. I recently relocated to the New Orleans area and was looking forward to riding with you once the weather warmed just a little more. Hope you keep on riding, whatever the type of bike you end up with. Feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of assistance in any way. Marshall in Slidell, La 95 KLXC3 "Blackhorse" (in honor of those who served)

Lewis Goode

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by Lewis Goode » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:01 pm

I am trying to sell a bike for a friend. 2001 klr 650 with 1900 miles and new rear tire. Anybody interested? Lewis [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

ART

2001 klr 650 for sale

Post by ART » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:35 am

It would help to state your location, and the price.
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Lewis Goode" wrote: > I am trying to sell a bike for a friend. 2001 klr 650 with 1900 miles and new rear tire. Anybody interested? > > Lewis