wheel balancing -old britts, wheel weights

DSN_KLR650
revmaaatin

nklr: gamecube advice

Post by revmaaatin » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 pm

Hello list: Thanks to all who responded to the inquiry of the Gamecube purchase. The purchase was made this afternoon and this evening; the electronically induced squeals and laughter have begun. I was very pleased with what my 10 y/o son knew/wanted/needed compared favorably (if not exactly) with what information I received here on the list. Sam knew what he wanted and had all the right information. I suspect most of the recon was done in the homes of other kids...duh. Is that a sign of intelligence? As been pointed out numerous times by the cowboys in my cheering section, "Your wife has good sense in all things except her choice of men." Fortunately, it appears that innate intelligence can be inherited. Just as a note on child raising, while school is in session, electronic games are used at our house only on F-S-S and never during a school day/night. Reading, cards and board games are the primary distraction during the week after homework is completed, cartoons on S-S only, Gameboy only on the weekend. I am still amazed at how competitively vicious a little kid can get at playing "RISK". I wonder where he would ever learn that? The payoff: the kids both read at 2-grades higher than their present grade enrollment. revmaaatin. I hate it when I get beaten by a 4th grader...but I better be nice to him, he is almost big enough to pick up my KLR for me.

Greg

Post by Greg » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Wait till your son finds out about the new nintendo Wii (pronounced we) system. It is a wireless controller with motion sensors contained it the Nunchuk controller that will make the game come to life. Release date will be in late October or early November. It allows you to control the charactor, car, golf club, symphony, tennis racket, sword, bat, plane, & yes even a motorcycle game is in the works! By detecting your nunchuk movement up, down, left, right, foward,... Keeping in their same price philosophy Nintendo will competively sell it for under $200 (compare that to the Microsoft's and Sony's new system prices $400-700). Games should run $35-55. wii.nintendo.com/home.html It will be able to be played online/realtime. All past Nintendo games can be downloaded. Check it out & see if you want it under the tree at the end of the year! {snipped}
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "revmaaatin" wrote: > > Hello list: > > Thanks to all who responded to the inquiry of the Gamecube purchase. > The purchase was made this afternoon and this evening; the > electronically induced squeals and laughter have begun. > > I was very pleased with what my 10 y/o son knew/wanted/needed compared > favorably (if not exactly) with what information I received here on the > list. Sam knew what he wanted and had all the right information. I > suspect most of the recon was done in the homes of other kids...duh.

revmaaatin

Post by revmaaatin » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:40 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" wrote:
> > Wait till your son finds out about the new nintendo Wii (pronounced > we) system. It is a wireless controller with motion sensors > contained it the Nunchuk controller that will make the game come to > life. Release date will be in late October or early November. It > allows you to control the charactor, car, golf club, symphony,
tennis
> racket, sword, bat, plane, & yes even a motorcycle game is in the > works! By detecting your nunchuk movement up, down, left, right, > foward,... > Keeping in their same price philosophy Nintendo will competively
sell
> it for under $200 (compare that to the Microsoft's and Sony's new > system prices $400-700). Games should run $35-55. > > wii.nintendo.com/home.html > > It will be able to be played online/realtime. All past Nintendo
games
> can be downloaded. Check it out & see if you want it under the tree > at the end of the year! >
Hi Greg, I'm marking the calender from today and see how long it takes the kids to discover this new improvement. My defalut? "You can have it when you can pay for it." Motorcycle gear? It is much easier to come by...because dad is a softie for M/C gear. revmaaatin.

Greg

Post by Greg » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:41 pm

NO stores are taking preorders due to the high demand. Buy it as you walk out. Also here is an ad they should run. http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=9048 PG-13 it is suggestive, but not R rated! I did not make it, but I wished I did!
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "revmaaatin" wrote: > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" wrote: > > > > Wait till your son finds out about the new nintendo Wii (pronounced > > we) system. It is a wireless controller with motion sensors > > contained it the Nunchuk controller that will make the game come to > > life. Release date will be in late October or early November. It > > allows you to control the charactor, car, golf club, symphony, > tennis > > racket, sword, bat, plane, & yes even a motorcycle game is in the > > works! By detecting your nunchuk movement up, down, left, right, > > foward,... > > Keeping in their same price philosophy Nintendo will competively > sell > > it for under $200 (compare that to the Microsoft's and Sony's new > > system prices $400-700). Games should run $35-55. > > > > wii.nintendo.com/home.html > > > > It will be able to be played online/realtime. All past Nintendo > games > > can be downloaded. Check it out & see if you want it under the tree > > at the end of the year! > > > Hi Greg, > I'm marking the calender from today and see how long it takes the > kids to discover this new improvement. My defalut? "You can have it > when you can pay for it." Motorcycle gear? It is much easier to > come by...because dad is a softie for M/C gear. > revmaaatin. >

Kimosabe

wheel balancing -old britts, wheel weights

Post by Kimosabe » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:04 pm

I like the idea of the aluminum tape and you certainly have mileage to support it. Has the forward edge of the tape lifted up from wind resistance or do you have to press it back in place from time to time due to heat, etc.? I've been using silicone glue around the edges of the weights and onto the adjacent wheel, but they've only been on there for about 1,000 miles. Steve in Niceville --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "fasteddiecopeman" wrote:
> > Bob, > I use regular 'stick'on' wheel weights on my KLR wheels, then add
that SHINY aluminum
> tape (duct?) over to keep them on. 12,000 miles and they ARE STILL
ON!
> Captain Ed in Canada > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "usa1911a1" wrote: > > > > I was looking for lead weights to put on spokes. I think this
looks right. What do you
> think? > > > > > > http://www.oldbritts.com/14_100201.html > > > > Capt. Bob in CT. > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > >