an unanswered question about lowering links

DSN_KLR650
Lawrence

doohicky class action

Post by Lawrence » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi, All Well, I will hate myself for bringing this up, because I believe the whole thing is outrageous: nothing more than leagalized extortion by lawyers. I keep getting more and more of these class action lawsuits, where I can get $10 on something, the lawyers get 10 million, and the company pays $20 million, so they have to raise prices for all of us in the future. The most recent one was an overheating problem on a laptop computer I bought several years ago. I don't even have it yet, but some people are able to get $800 back on that one. I usually both eliminate myself from the class, and write them a letter about how unethical this whole lawyer welfare program is. But,here is KLR punch line: From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At least on our 2010 models. Regards, Larry

Krgrife@aol.com

doohicky class action

Post by Krgrife@aol.com » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:22 pm

In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, larry@... writes: From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At least on our 2010 models. Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all the info about failures including my own. After checking out the situation he said that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but that the "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. Kurt [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Denis Dimick

doohicky class action

Post by Denis Dimick » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm willing to guess that the "class," would only be owners that had Doohickey failures, a small number of people in the eyes of a lawyer. Denis
On 6/15/06, Krgrife@... wrote: > > > In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > larry@... writes: > > From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions > on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all > of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At > least on our 2010 models. > > Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all the > info about failures including my own. After checking out the situation he > said > that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but that > the > "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. > Kurt > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Dail

doohicky class action

Post by Dail » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:23 pm

So what you want is another class action law suit where the lawyer gets $20 million you get $12.98 and Kawasaki stops selling theKLR650, And the only winner is the THE LAWYER!
----- Original Message ----- From: Lawrence To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:04 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action Hi, All Well, I will hate myself for bringing this up, because I believe the whole thing is outrageous: nothing more than leagalized extortion by lawyers. I keep getting more and more of these class action lawsuits, where I can get $10 on something, the lawyers get 10 million, and the company pays $20 million, so they have to raise prices for all of us in the future. The most recent one was an overheating problem on a laptop computer I bought several years ago. I don't even have it yet, but some people are able to get $800 back on that one. I usually both eliminate myself from the class, and write them a letter about how unethical this whole lawyer welfare program is. But,here is KLR punch line: From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At least on our 2010 models. Regards, Larry ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.0/366 - Release Date: 6/15/2006 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Conall

doohicky class action

Post by Conall » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:49 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Krgrife@... wrote:
> > > In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > larry@... writes: > > From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions > on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all > of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At > least on our 2010 models. > > > Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all
the
> info about failures including my own. After checking out the
situation he said
> that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but
that the
> "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. > Kurt
Several of us know someone who would make the perfect expert witness in small claims court regarding the doohickey issue, but I don't think he is interested in coming out of retirement to do such. But if I was him I know how I would make some side money. http://www.nari-assn.com/news/expert_witness.html Conall '93, '95 KLR650 http://www.angelfire.com/co/klr650/index.html

Mike Peplinski

doohicky class action

Post by Mike Peplinski » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:31 am

Yeh, that makes sense. Then we can file a class action suit on the weak brakes,then the hard seat, then the lighting, then we can sue them for not putting enough HP in the engine. Chill out, go take a ride and forget this "law suit" bullshit! Some times I think we need to start a list to go with the NKLR, call it "whiners". (Sorry if I'm a little blunt. I haven't had enough coffee yet.)
>From: "Denis Dimick" >To: "Krgrife@..." >CC: larry@..., DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:41:58 -0600 > >I'm willing to guess that the "class," would only be owners that had >Doohickey failures, a small number of people in the eyes of a lawyer. > >Denis > >On 6/15/06, Krgrife@... wrote: > > > > > > In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > > > larry@... writes: > > > > From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions > > on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all > > of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At > > least on our 2010 models. > > > > Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all the > > info about failures including my own. After checking out the situation >he > > said > > that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but that > > the > > "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. > > Kurt > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > >Archive Quicksearch at: >http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com >List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650 >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

Jimmy

doohicky class action

Post by Jimmy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:34 am

I have felt like saying that for some time. This group is really informative, but tends to whine a lot. Take the good with the bad I guess. You all should know if it has wheels eventually you will have trouble with it. Jimmy A6F Spring, Texas ----- Original Message ---- From: Mike Peplinski To: dgdimick@...; Krgrife@... Cc: larry@...; DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:31:18 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action Yeh, that makes sense. Then we can file a class action suit on the weak brakes,then the hard seat, then the lighting, then we can sue them for not putting enough HP in the engine. Chill out, go take a ride and forget this "law suit" bullshit! Some times I think we need to start a list to go with the NKLR, call it "whiners". (Sorry if I'm a little blunt. I haven't had enough coffee yet.)
>From: "Denis Dimick" >To: "Krgrife@aol. com" >CC: larry@advanced- projects. com, DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com >Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:41:58 -0600 > >I'm willing to guess that the "class," would only be owners that had >Doohickey failures, a small number of people in the eyes of a lawyer. > >Denis > >On 6/15/06, Krgrife@aol. com wrote: > > > > > > In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > > > larry@advanced- projects. com writes: > > > > From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions > > on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all > > of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At > > least on our 2010 models. > > > > Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all the > > info about failures including my own. After checking out the situation >he > > said > > that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but that > > the > > "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. > > Kurt > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > >Archive Quicksearch at: >http://www.angelfir e.com/ut/ moab/klr650_ data_search. html >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews. com >List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/ klr650faq. html >Member Map at: http://www.frappr com/dsnklr650 >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

J T

doohicky class action

Post by J T » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:47 am

I've felt like saying this for a while: What some see as whining, others see as informative. Don't like a particular thread? That's what the delete button is for....
>From: Jimmy >I have felt like saying that for some time. This group is really >informative, but tends to whine a lot. Take the good with the bad I guess. >You all should know if it has wheels eventually you will have trouble with >it. > >Jimmy A6F > >Spring, Texas > > >----- Original Message ---- >From: Mike Peplinski >To: dgdimick@...; Krgrife@... >Cc: larry@...; DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com >Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:31:18 AM >Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action > > >Yeh, that makes sense. Then we can file a class action suit on the weak >brakes,then the hard seat, then the lighting, then we can sue them for not >putting enough HP in the engine. Chill out, go take a ride and forget this >"law suit" bullshit! Some times I think we need to start a list to go with >the NKLR, call it "whiners". (Sorry if I'm a little blunt. I haven't had >enough coffee yet.) > > >From: "Denis Dimick" > >To: "Krgrife@aol. com" > >CC: larry@advanced- projects. com, DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com > >Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action > >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:41:58 -0600 > > > >I'm willing to guess that the "class," would only be owners that had > >Doohickey failures, a small number of people in the eyes of a lawyer. > > > >Denis > > > >On 6/15/06, Krgrife@aol. com wrote: > > > > > > > > > In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > > > > > larry@advanced- projects. com >writes: > > > > > > From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions > > > on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all > > > of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At > > > least on our 2010 models. > > > > > > Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all >the > > > info about failures including my own. After checking out the situation > >he > > > said > > > that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but >that > > > the > > > "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. > > > Kurt > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > >Archive Quicksearch at: > >http://www.angelfir e.com/ut/ moab/klr650_ data_search. html > >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews. com > >List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/ klr650faq. html > >Member Map at: http://www.frappr com/dsnklr650 > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
_________________________________________________________________ Don t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

Don S

doohicky class action

Post by Don S » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:49 am

DO THE HORSEPOWER FIRST!!! DO THE HORSEPOWER FIRST!!!! How about the tires Mike? Gotta sue them for that. And what about not enough color selection? And that turn signal switch. Sounds like the whole bike is a piece of sh*t. I better shut up before you slide me in with the snivelling wimp whiners. Don Mike Peplinski wrote: Yeh, that makes sense. Then we can file a class action suit on the weak brakes,then the hard seat, then the lighting, then we can sue them for not putting enough HP in the engine. Chill out, go take a ride and forget this "law suit" bullshit! Some times I think we need to start a list to go with the NKLR, call it "whiners". (Sorry if I'm a little blunt. I haven't had enough coffee yet.)
>From: "Denis Dimick" >To: "Krgrife@..." >CC: larry@..., DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Doohicky Class Action >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:41:58 -0600 > >I'm willing to guess that the "class," would only be owners that had >Doohickey failures, a small number of people in the eyes of a lawyer. > >Denis > >On 6/15/06, Krgrife@... wrote: > > > > > > In a message dated 6/15/2006 12:05:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, > > > > larry@... writes: > > > > From what I see, any lawyer worth his or her salt can make millions > > on the Doohickey, and we can get ours replaced by Kawasaki, and all > > of you who have replace it yourselves can get reimbursed for it. At > > least on our 2010 models. > > > > Several years ago I did talk to an attorney about this, took him all the > > info about failures including my own. After checking out the situation >he > > said > > that there were probably grounds for a successful legal action but that > > the > > "class" was so small that it wouldn't be worth the effort. > > Kurt > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > >Archive Quicksearch at: >http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com >List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650 >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >
--------------------------------- Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

jokerloco9@aol.com

doohicky class action

Post by jokerloco9@aol.com » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:43 pm

I agree with this also. Stop whining and let it go. Get attorneys involved, and we are all screwed. I think it is just human nature to whine if things aren't going correctly. We tend to keep quiet when things are OK. By the way, I would tend to agree with the earlier post from the Kawi guy on the doohickey. When chains get loose and start whipping, stresses go up dramatically. And I suspect most doohickey failures are from operator error not adjusting correctly. As for the spring breaking - I noticed a fair amount of play of the doohickey on the shaft. When doohickey is bolted down, shaft it is mounted on can still move. I suspect this shaft movement is exercising the spring enough to cause it to fatigue and break. My new Eagle Mike doohickey was a lot tighter on the shaft, but still had some play. With that - I think a tensioner re-design would be in order. Jeff A20 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]