wet klr - ?

DSN_KLR650
( )

wet klr - ?

Post by ( ) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:37 pm

he must have the snorkel mod.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Trail-Flyer" To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 8:54 PM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Wet KLR - ?

SGT82

nklr looking for advice

Post by SGT82 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:51 am

Good Day All, I am in the research stage of purchasing a new dual purpose motorcycle. I have looked at several manufacturers (Husqvarna, Suzuki, and Kawasaki). I like the KLR 650 for obvious reasons (price, fuel caapacity, height of seat, etc... but the Husqvarna is very attractive and appears to have better performance capabilities? I have never owned a dual purpose motorcycle before. I will ride it back and forth to work, which is a 20 mile commute, four lane black top. I also want to be able to take the bike on some single trails. It appears that some factors to consider when purchasing a bike are one's physical features. I am 6"00" and weigh 190lbs. I don't think the 35" seat height of the KLR 650 wil be a problem for me. I am looking for pros and cons so any replies are welcomed. If you know of another dual purpose that may be of interest, please feel free to include the information. Respectfully, Mike C. U.S. Army Retired officer391@...

Mike Peplinski

nklr looking for advice

Post by Mike Peplinski » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:31 am

That sounds like me except for the commut part. My riding is about 99% paved road. I'm very satisfied with my KLR. I installed the 1 1/2 inch lowering links. I prefer both feet on the ground and found the swing over the seat difficult. I'm very pleased. Good mileage, durability, easy to work on, ample power, comfy and a great support following. If I ever wear this one out, I'll be in line for another KLR.
>From: "SGT82" >To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [DSN_KLR650] NKLR Looking For Advice >Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:48:22 -0000 > >Good Day All, > >I am in the research stage of purchasing a new dual purpose >motorcycle. I have looked at several manufacturers (Husqvarna, >Suzuki, and Kawasaki). I like the KLR 650 for obvious reasons >(price, fuel caapacity, height of seat, etc... but the Husqvarna is >very attractive and appears to have better performance capabilities? > >I have never owned a dual purpose motorcycle before. I will ride it >back and forth to work, which is a 20 mile commute, four lane black >top. I also want to be able to take the bike on some single trails. > >It appears that some factors to consider when purchasing a bike are >one's physical features. I am 6"00" and weigh 190lbs. I don't think >the 35" seat height of the KLR 650 wil be a problem for me. > >I am looking for pros and cons so any replies are welcomed. If you >know of another dual purpose that may be of interest, please feel >free to include the information. > >Respectfully, > >Mike C. >U.S. Army Retired >officer391@... > > > > > > >Archive Quicksearch at: >http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com >List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650 >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >